Talion Should I get a Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenszo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Typhon 6s
Thinking about getting a Talion 6s exb, but not sure. Why did they discontinue the Outcast 6s exb rtr

Amazon has outcast 6s exb in stock. I love the talion and it's probably one of my favorite arrma rigs so I'd vote for that.

Being your sig says you own a notorious and typhon i'd say its a no brainer. But if your bash oriented throw the extra $'s and get an X-Maxx.

talion great car have two put backflip LPS on for better air control if doing any jumping. has been one of my most durable cars

yes, or YES IN CAPS

I love my Talion. It was my first Arrma

Thinking about getting a Talion 6s exb, but not sure. Why did they discontinue the Outcast 6s exb rtr
Yes you should get a Talion. They discontinued the EXB outcast because it was priced too high for most people to justify the purchase. If they offered it as a roller for the same cost as the Kraton EXB I feel it would have sold great. I would own one. As of now I have an Outcast so there’s no way I’d pay $750 for one knowing the stock electrics are not good for extreme bashing. Stock electronics are okay but not EXB powerful in my opinion. Same thing for the newest Typhon release at $629. Typhon is a great car and I love my V3 but it’s just not a $650 car.
The Talion is overpriced too at $749! Ass kicking fun to drive car but again overpriced. I paid $499 for my V3 and it was worth every penny. I put a Max8 in with a 2200kv motor in it and it hauls. I wish it was a roller as well. No

Hello and Welcome

What or how do you plan to use the Talion? It is a low-profile speed 4x4 truck. It is not a Kraton, no big tires...yes you can flip it but it's design is not going to do that out of the box. Most here like to send and flip it over-over. I would not get a Talion if you plan to make it a short-wheelbase basher like a Kraton for example.

I like my Talion since I have a Kraton EXB. Talion can catch air as is but it's a floater it does nice Dukes of Hazards jumps. It is fast on the ground, even in grass and off-road.

Determine your bash style and buy the rig that fits closely to that.

Best of luck with picking (y)

I think this guy sums up the Talion for WHAT IT IS. Of course, you can upgrade it to what you want to make it. Or buy the right rig first.

Hello and Welcome

What or how do you plan to use the Talion? It is a low-profile speed 4x4 truck. It is not a Kraton, no big tires...yes you can flip it but it's design is not going to do that out of the box. Most here like to send and flip it over-over. I would not get a Talion if you plan to make it a short-wheelbase basher like a Kraton for example.

I like my Talion since I have a Kraton EXB. Talion can catch air as is but it's a floater it does nice Dukes of Hazards jumps. It is fast on the ground, even in grass and off-road.

Determine your bash style and buy the rig that fits closely to that.

Best of luck with picking (y)

I think this guy sums up the Talion for WHAT IT IS. Of course, you can upgrade it to what you want to make it. Or buy the right rig first.

What is your recommendation for tire and rim upgrade to help with air control and flipping. I installed in my Talion the 23T pinion, upgraded the Servo, run 6s and increased the Punch setting to 7. Now I need to know how to turn my Talion from a Floater to a Flipper.

Seriously didn't know what I was missing. Get one!!

What is your recommendation for tire and rim upgrade to help with air control and flipping. I installed in my Talion the 23T pinion, upgraded the Servo, run 6s and increased the Punch setting to 7. Now I need to know how to turn my Talion from a Floater to a Flipper.
Personally I love backflip 6s tires, great air control and probably the most durable 6s tire arrma makes.

Personally I love backflip 6s tires, great air control and probably the most durable 6s tire arrma makes.
Can you attach a link please, so I know exactly what you are talking about
Moirae,

Can you please attach the link so I know exactly which tires your talking about.
Someone recommended these:

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ou...p-front-rear-ara4410v2?variant=40255738642486

Can you attach a link please, so I know exactly what you are talking about

Moirae,

Can you please attach the link so I know exactly which tires your talking about.
Someone recommended these:

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ou...p-front-rear-ara4410v2?variant=40255738642486
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...s-back-flip-mt-ara8710?variant=39590138806326

a lot of people around here really like those 4s backflips and argue they have good handling but personally I like the bigger 6s backflips more. They're more durable and provide even better air control.

How is the stance with the 6s. And how do they handle at high speeds. I run the 23T pinion with punch setting at 7.
Also do they grip well on the street?

How is the stance with the 6s. And how do they handle at high speeds. I run the 23T pinion with punch setting at 7.
Also do they grip well on the street?
They handle speed/power better than the 4s version that's for sure. I gear for about 75 mph on my trucks and the tires handle it well. I blow up 4s backflips with the same gearing. They work fine on the street but you are going to wear the tread out a lot faster.

This is my stretched typhon on a talion chassis using 6s backflips. Geared 20/40 (80 mph)

They handle speed/power better than the 4s version that's for sure. I gear for about 75 mph on my trucks and the tires handle it well. I blow up 4s backflips with the same gearing. They work fine on the street but you are going to wear the tread out a lot faster.

This is my stretched typhon on a talion chassis using 6s backflips.
Moirae,

Super Dope Vid. Can’t wait to have skills like that. I wish there was someone I could bash with locally in NJ that’s on your level.

Question, I see that the wheel bead diameter is different from the stock to the 4s and 6s. Does that require anything additional to mount the new tires or do they just swap with the stock.

For someone new like me. I have had my Talion for two weeks. Before this is only have a fully blown out 1/16th EREVO. I did everything I possibly could to it. What tires do you think I will enjoy the most.

Moirae,

Super Dope Vid. Can’t wait to have skills like that. I wish there was someone I could bash with locally in NJ that’s on your level.

Question, I see that the wheel bead diameter is different from the stock to the 4s and 6s. Does that require anything additional to mount the new tires or do they just swap with the stock.

For someone new like me. I have had my Talion for two weeks. Before this is only have a fully blown out 1/16th EREVO. I did everything I possibly could to it. What tires do you think I will enjoy the most.
6s backflips are my fav bashing tire hands down. They will also bolt right on to your talion with zero problems. If I was in NJ I'd for sure bash with you! I'm lucky I have the wifey else I'd be bashing alone too :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I actually have a lot of 6s backflip tires lol. I like them so much I end up buying them for every rig that I fly with.

Even have them on my super truggified typhon!! :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back