Should I get max amps 3250mah hardcase or 4000mah softcase?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arek420

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hey guys im buying a new 8s battery for my limitless an im stuck between 2 the max amps 3250mah hardcase or 4000mah soft both r 8s true 150c an exactly same price what do u guys think i should go with ?

What ESC are you running? 3250 and 4000mah are awful low.

The mamba x 8s i get about 4-6 105mph passes then motor is hot like 170 but esc is 79 fan not even on ..i have 2 spektrum 5000 100c an they get like 120 after a pass ..an now got da kill mode 2900kv 8s motor so can only run the single pack an all my buddy run da max amps pack an i seem them poop on da spektrum batterys so figer worth a try
Full Stop.

NO.

That is, assuming you are not wanting a $300, "True" 45c pack.

Edit - Maybe they are better than the 25c I first posted, but NOT 150c. And not the best C rated lipos you can buy.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=42435743&postcount=7663
Not to many 8s pack atlest in da $200 range thats water proof an lifetime warranty

I have the same ESC and would recommend at least a 5000mah battery
Per: Castle
03EC6FAC-E5C2-45B0-BD79-A1DF7757BDFC.jpeg

also not a fan of MaxAmps
Much better options out there for the $$$

But i liked the mamba 8s so much i went a bought another one lol gonna build a car around it poop makes the limitless pop wheels
I have the same ESC and would recommend at least a 5000mah battery
Per: Castle
View attachment 80088
also not a fan of MaxAmps
Much better options out there for the $$$
i need a single 8s ..an runing less then 5000 isnt hurtin da esc ..cuz i run it everday on a spektrum 6s 3200 only get like 3 full speed passes but thats all i need ..but what battery u suggest 8s for around $200 what i paid for da max amps

Hey guys im buying a new 8s battery for my limitless an im stuck between 2 the max amps 3250mah hardcase or 4000mah soft both r 8s true 150c an exactly same price what do u guys think i should go with ?
Neither. Overpriced!

What motor? Can dia. & length?
Kill mode /TP 4070cm 2900kv
Kill mode /TP 4070cm 107mm can 2900kv
Is what is going with da max amps battery cuz at the moment i am runing da spektrum firma 1250kv 83mm can i think and the 2 spektrum 4s 5000 100c ..but with da kill mode motor being so long i lose the dual battery tray an have to switch to da single 8s an don't wanna spend $350 on a 5000 8s cuz the car gets hot after a few passes so no point in even gettin da 5000..i do hi speed run an then run my other cars lol thats y i figer da 4000 would be fine ..i been runing a 3200 6s so don't think da mah will be a problem

Last edited:
If its working for you then it’s all good. Nothing wrong with taking the unconventional path sometimes. I’d be curious to see the data logs after a couple passes, particularly the voltage log to see how mah correlates to the amount of sag from 60-100% throttle input

Neither. Overpriced!
Cuz they water proof an lifetime warranty and they hand made the day u place the order ...an they stand behind each lipo ..an they will custom make u a hardcase if they don't sell or offer it ..so a china 8s is $140 da max amps with lifetime warranty to my door was 200 i think its worth it ..but to each is own

If its working for you then it’s all good. Nothing wrong with taking the unconventional path sometimes. I’d be curious to see the data logs after a couple passes, particularly the voltage log to see how mah correlates to the amount of sag from 60-100% throttle input
Ya that would be a good idea cuz with da 6s 3200 it dose 80mph an on 8s 5000 dose 105 ...but with da 6s after 2 wot passes it feels like its dead but da lipo cells r like 4.0 so u prolly totally rite ..should prolly invest in da castle link ..i have 3 mamba x 6s an 2 8s but no link lmao got my priorities Out of wak

@Jerry-rigged beat me to it.

But yeah Maxamps are the most overpriced and overrated lipos on the planet. All you are paying for with their premium price tag is the "Lifetime" Warranty it is actually 2 years btw (first year is a free replacement, second year you have to pay half the cost of a new one and after 2 years there is no more warranty you have to pay full price for a new one).

Maxamps is the biggest scam, they get their lipos from the same factories as everyone else so their batteries are not any better, in real world testing as @Jerry-rigged linked to they are actually some of the worst performing lipos on the planet. So paying their absurd prices is one of the biggest mistakes you can make.

Last edited:
@Jerry-rigged beat me to it.

But yeah Maxamps are the most overpriced and overrated lipos on the planet. All you are paying for with their premium price tag is the "Lifetime" Warranty it is actually 2 years btw (first year is a free replacement, second year you have to pay half the cost of a new one and after 2 years there is no more warranty you have to pay full price for a new one).

Maxamps is the biggest scam, they get their lipos from the same factories as everyone else so their batteries are not any better, in real world testing as @Jerry-rigged linked to they are actually some of the worst performing lipos on the planet. So paying their absurd prices is one of the biggest mistakes you can make.

Na its first year is free then lifetime half price as long as u own it ..but who else dose that for an single 8s ??

Attachments

• E2A0C4AB-7A44-4CB8-A51D-3CDBC2A78910.jpeg
    E2A0C4AB-7A44-4CB8-A51D-3CDBC2A78910.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 46
Na its first year is free then lifetime half price as long as u own it ..but who else dose that for an single 8s ??
Try it after 2 years they will tell you no. It's the lifetime of the battery not your lifetime. The lifetime of a battery is 2 years. They do it because when you charge 3x what everyone else does you can afford to give someone a free battery once.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back