Talion Should you run your Arrma straight out of the box? Consideration may be appropriate!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CL-Audio

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi all,
This is mostly aimed at those on the fence about weather to run their cars right out of the box. As the RC veterans know there are some risks. Here is a video I found pretty useful for those curious or on the fence.

Alex rc freak on youtube makes some good points and I find his how to wrench videos pretty good for those that need assistance as well. He does run Traxxas rigs as well but we won't hold that against him!! LOL.

A buddy and I are about to do a full bearing kit/diff fluid change on both our Talion V3s. His vids on removing and reinstalling the diffs especially will be helpful. Thanks for the channel link. :)
That's what this forum is all about, sharing useful information. God knows I need it. A mechanic I am not!!

At the very minimum you have to tighten all your screws. You'll be surprised how many are not properly tensioned. I had screws that went into plastic that were over torqued and biting into nothing. When removing, the threads came out unwound like spiral spagetti.

Every one of my Arrmas are 2019s, the tow and camber on every wheel is so out of whack its like looking at a mouth of crooked teeth. They slap these things together and bolt on the wheels and call it a wrap.

Someone said RTR stands for Ready To Rebuild.
It shoud be RTW, Ready To Wrench.

Every one of my Arrmas are 2019s, the tow and camber on every wheel is so out of whack its like looking at a mouth of crooked teeth. They slap these thing
s together and bolt on the wheels and call it a wrap.
Yeah, my talion v3 had its toe all screwed up out the box. Right wheel was pointing out to east bumblef**k.

Think Crazy Eyes from Mr Deeds works the assembly line sometimes.

Yeah, my talion v3 had its toe all screwed up out the box. Right wheel was pointing out to east bumblef**k.

View attachment 39495
Yeah and his out the box adjustments look just the same. Lol

At the very minimum you have to tighten all your screws. You'll be surprised how many are not properly tensioned. I had screws that went into plastic that were over torqued and biting into nothing. When removing, the threads came out unwound like spiral spagetti.

Every one of my Arrmas are 2019s, the tow and camber on every wheel is so out of whack its like looking at a mouth of crooked teeth. They slap these things together and bolt on the wheels and call it a wrap.

Someone said RTR stands for Ready To Rebuild.
It shoud be RTW, Ready To Wrench.
Believe it or not but out of 7 rtr vehicles I have not had a single one that didn't have something wrong with it out of the box, the Outcast being the worst.

View attachment 39495
Nah they are built by Stevie Wonder then inspected by Ray Charles.

Believe it or not but out of 7 rtr vehicles I have not had a single one that didn't have something wrong with it out of the box, the Outcast being the worst.

Nah they are built by Stevie Wonder then inspected by Ray Charles.
Got my 2018 model outcast on sale from Amain recently, still in virgin state. I'll be sure to do a thorough inspection then!

Last edited:
Got my V3 outcast on sale from Amain recently, still in virgin state. I'll be sure to do a thorough inspection then!
I seriously should have sent it back.
Toe was way off on the front.
Center diff mount had a stripped out screw hole.
Some of the body mounts had stripped out screw holes.
One of the pillow ball retainers was cross threaded.
The upper right a arm where the pillow ball screws in was stripped.
Gear mesh was so tight I could barely move it, the spur and pinion were misaligned, maybe 1/4 of the pinion was catching the spur.
Everything metal on metal was caked in red locktight, even the caps on my shocks................

Gear mesh was so tight I could barely move it, the spur and pinion were misaligned, maybe 1/4 of the pinion was catching the spur.
Everything metal on metal was caked in red locktight, even the caps on my shocks................
Damn bruh! I hope Arrma leadership is aware of the sketchy build qualities that are happening. When you build a reputation based on "Arrma tough" that could come crashing down quickly with mishandled builds from the factory. I mean do they not provide these guys with torque adjustable drivers? Don't get me started on the red loctite. I thought my Kraton was pretty much not serviceable until I figured that out and started using a mini blow torch on it.

I do a visual check of the vehicle, check things work and rotate, put some batteries in and put the car on a stand so the wheels are of so I can check the steering, braking, tyres, electrics (inc fail safe) etc. I don’t pull diffs out and check, open shocks or anything like that unless my visual man manual tests give me cause to do so eg sign of leak or poor dampening etc. if it is something I’m not familiar with I may or may not give a cursory glance at the user manual?

If all good then it is time for me to rock and roll. Haven’t had an issue yet, but doesn’t mean I won’t in the future

I'm not impressed by that guy's video. 260A of heat? Quality Integy tool? :D
Also, all that could have been said in 10 minutes or less.

Maybe it's cause I don't like the way he talks. :unsure:

I think he meant Watts of heat. Unless you have an industrial panel, you don’t have over 200A service. ?

LOL, that's why I watch many videos from many sources and extrapolate what I need from them all. Very hard to find "perfect content". The point is more awareness regarding assuming these precision devices are put together with precision.

LOL, that's why I watch many videos from many sources and extrapolate what I need from them all. Very hard to find "perfect content". The point is more awareness regarding assuming these precision devices are put together with precision.
Precision machines put together with precision? That's just fancy talk for smacking it with a hammer. :LOL:

Which is why I have no plans ATM for the orange one I just bought. I usually rip these things apart anyway. I'll have to wait for the next streak of thunderstorms to dig into it. I'm already booked for the next month in upgrading & maintaining other rigs.

I've run all of mine out of the box and have had no issues. Except the Kraton which had no grease in the front diff "house" which I discovered only after trying to fix some issues I created with "upgrades". HH is sending over a new front/rear diff as a remedy.
If I thought I needed to disassemble and reassemble bc I distrusted the manufacturing quality so much I wouldn't have bought any. But that's just me.
I'm relatively new to the Arrma RTR world so what do I know only that I've enjoyed all of my Arrma rigs out of the box and wouldn't have it any other way. ??

I've run all of mine out of the box and have had no issues. Except the Kraton which had no grease in the front diff "house" which I discovered only after trying to fix some issues I created with "upgrades". HH is sending over a new front/rear diff as a remedy.
If I thought I needed to disassemble and reassemble bc I distrusted the manufacturing quality so much I wouldn't have bought any. But that's just me.
I'm relatively new to the Arrma RTR world so what do I know only that I've enjoyed all of my Arrma rigs out of the box and wouldn't have it any other way. ??
I'm sure statistically there are more solid builds than half arsed builds. One person may get a rig built by the guy that does an awesome job but the next person may get a rig built by "that guy". We all know that guy and pray ours was not put together by him/her!

To tell you the truth, I unboxed my Kraton driving home from the hobby shop. Got it home, turned it over, checked the screws and check the wheel nuts. Good to go and ran it all weekend. Only problems that developed were pillow balls and servo saver loosening up. Found this site, fixed those issues...Since I have had it apart many times to fix and replace things. Outcast wasn’t bad either, same servo saver and pillowball problems. Typhon was used but untouched, maybe the best built of all my rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back