Shout out to Tex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
@Tex Koder did an amazing job of saving us from a customer being unhappy! These roadster badges DO NOT exist from Porsche nor Aftermarket. Yet. He made me some we ended up sanding them and filling them and painting em. Anyway. He took the time and effort to make sure that it looked original! Huge shout out!

4CC778F3-18EC-487F-BE14-9FCF23CECB1A.jpeg

454FA78A-8201-4059-9030-384B5BD4C712.jpeg

Very cool! Nice work Tex!

Nice prep/paint job too 😉!
I don’t ever claim to be a painter, I mean I know how lol. But credit goes to my detailer dude. He’s pretty awesome.
+1^

Tex is a great guy! He's helped me get back on the road before!
He’s a great person, he’s always had made me whatever I needed pretty quickly as well

I sprayed automotive for 16 years and ik good ..let's refrase that .ik awesome paint work when I see it and the person who sprayed that emblem has talent .I'm sure he wet sanded it and buffed it by hand..takes time to that kind of work .ik from personal experience that detailing paint is not to be rushed and must be done in steps and with love..Tex did a awesome job with the emblem printing and design.thats where it all starts from because doesn't matter how great a paint job is if what is getting painted isn't perfected first..just like restoring a classic..if the body isn't filled and all the rust and dings aren't removed and the body filler isn't sanded correctly and all feathered out and long blocked etc etc then the paint work doesn't mean anything..in this case two excellent people did their fine work that now is art..no one can tell between the original and this one .. awesome work.👍

@WoodiE I believe this man @Tex Koder deserves the Arrma forum 3d printing award here..not only does he support this community with awesome prints for our rigs but he does it by him self with no crew..he has his own build projects that he sets off to the side because he's busy helping others..not a selfish man at all I must say..and it's tough due to work and having his own family..I admire that 👍 we need more members here like Tex..I'm not a kiss ass just straight out saying what needs to be recognized.and I'm sure you all can agree..there should be a hell of lot more replys on here sharing this moment

I just spent some time searching and even made a few calls to see if this roadster emblem was anywhere available and no matter where or who I called it's no where..non of my sources even knows how to aquire one ..very strange because being in the automotive industry I've allways found at least one of what ever I needed..when I was at the shop I'd be the one to call and order the parts .tons of sources out side the country .and I'm sure this emblem is out there somewhere but I can't find it .yup Tex saved the day.

I just spent some time searching and even made a few calls to see if this roadster emblem was anywhere available and no matter where or who I called it's no where..non of my sources even knows how to aquire one ..very strange because being in the automotive industry I've allways found at least one of what ever I needed..when I was at the shop I'd be the one to call and order the parts .tons of sources out side the country .and I'm sure this emblem is out there somewhere but I can't find it .yup Tex saved the day.
Even though it’s just a how cabriolet Porsche…. The roadster was a “around” 300 production amount… just like the “speedster” it is a low number production number a lot of the 930 parts are none existent anymore as well. Regardless I’m normally able to find anything… this is the first time I’ve ever had a problem finding a badge! Also yeah I have a bit of an connection from here to Germany to an everything in between. Kept coming up empty handed… if anyone has one it’s either for a personal collection

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back