Sketer 1/10 MT from Corally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be posting mine for sale soon.. haha

Drove it once…

Will also be listing all my Kronos stuff…
I was close to selling mine. Was just a boring rig, and ugly. Issue was it is just too heavy for 4s. Instead revamped it to be a buggy, and I only run it on 6s now. Finally an exciting rig to drive, so it is not getting evicted.

I was close to selling mine. Was just a boring rig, and ugly. Issue was it is just too heavy for 4s. Instead revamped it to be a buggy, and I only run it on 6s now. Finally an exciting rig to drive, so it is not getting evicted.
I always thought the same, take the bigger tires and truck body off, and it's a heavily armored 1/8 buggy.

BTW, does the t2t brace fit under a buggy body? Sounds like a legit competitor to a Typhon 6s. I know TC does have the 6s buggies, but they don't have the spring steel parts in them. Like the Sketer does.

BTW, does the t2t brace fit under a buggy body? Sounds like a legit competitor to a Typhon 6s. I know TC does have the 6s buggies, but they don't have the spring steel parts in them. Like the Sketer does.
Nope. Removed all that stuff.

20220824_205542.jpg

I dropped the corally 6s system in it.. and put m2c hex extenders and Kronos hubs and steering blocks. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s a great little car. I guess I’m just an arrma/tekno fanboy 😂🤣

I dropped the corally 6s system in it.. and put m2c hex extenders and Kronos hubs and steering blocks. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s a great little car. I guess I’m just an arrma/tekno fanboy 😂🤣
Yeah. Have a caslte MMX 2200kv in mine.

Something about the Arrmas though. They are all crazy fast and a blast. They have the diff gear ratios perfect for each of the rigs.

I hated how low the diff gearing was in the MT410.

Something about the Arrmas though. They are all crazy fast and a blast. They have the diff gear ratios perfect for each of the rigs.

My mt410 is perfect for me, I run it on 4s and it’s an absolute animal. I have the hobbywing sensored system in it 1900kv with an 18T

My mt410 is perfect for me, I run it on 4s and it’s an absolute animal. I have the hobbywing sensored system in it 1900kv with an 18T
I had 2200kv and 17t in mine. Ran on 4s only.
Is this the system:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...sd-g3-motor-combo-1900kv-hwa38020500/p1398064

If so, how does it compare to a MMX8s 1717 setup? Only looking to run 6s only. About to upgrade my Infraction for bashing.

Never noticed the difference in the diff ratios of the mt410. I believe you. Just didn't even know, LOL. I run blx185 combo, 4s, 18t pinion on backflip LP's. Just enough top end for my small bash area, cool as a cucumber without fans. Love that setup in it. I will also say that Arrmas are tougher and better suited to being overpowered in general.
Nope. Removed all that stuff.

View attachment 245809
Likely not needed anyway. Plus it looks like a beotch to work around.

Never noticed the difference in the diff ratios of the mt410. I believe you. Just didn't even know, LOL. I run blx185 combo, 4s, 18t pinion on backflip LP's. Just enough top end for my small bash area, cool as a cucumber without fans. Love that setup in it. I will also say that Arrmas are tougher and better suited to being overpowered in general.

Likely not needed anyway. Plus it looks like a beotch to work around.
Yeah, for comparison of 4s trucks, Arrma uses 13/37 for diffs, MT410 is 9/40.

I think it's fine for me at least on 4s, with bigger Kaiju tires and 16t pinion. It's around 47mph on grass/dirt. To me that is not slow. Double backflips easily.
I’ve been thinking of selling my Sketer too, it’s still awesome but it breaks too easily, I spend more time fixing it than driving it 🤣🤣🤣
The shock towers bend easily (the rear one specifically on upside down landings), the driveshafts are pretty thin, the shock is shafts are pretty thin too for such a heavy rig. The control arms don't take nuch abuse either. Diffs, and internal fears have been holding up well. And it's definitely harder to work on that let's say my Outcast 6s or Hybrid Typhon 6s. Would I buy the Sketer again? Probably not because I don't see a solution to the shock towers and driveshafts bending too easily. But I'm a bad driver, so that has a lot to do with it 🤣
Yep. Here is a flowchart for everything you need, minus the body mount thing (steering deck holder). That is for the buggy body.

View attachment 245742
Makes it lot easier to remove upper arms. Just two bolts and that's it.

View attachment 245740
It looks like a good solution, but I don't have any money to even buy the regular parts that break. And even if I did, I would personally note out too much $ into the Sketer. It's still going to have a few weak spots. Thanks for the suggestions

Last edited:
Have to spin the spur and drivetrain at a much higher RPM to match the speed, assuming same tire diameter. You can compensate that with pinion and spur ratios yes. But still don't like the low diff gearing.
So, would you recommend the max8 g2 2250kv for an mt410? Fella over on Tekno forum asking for recommendations. I figure considering how light it is, should be a good fit on 4s?

So, would you recommend the max8 g2 2250kv for an mt410? Fella over on Tekno forum asking for recommendations. I figure considering how light it is, should be a good fit on 4s?
It will work well. Had the Castle equivalent in mine. MMX 2200kv. Basically same setup. I used a 17t pinion. Was pretty fast, and plenty of power.

But still, same exact setup in the OC4S V2, and it will do a standing backflip, also higher top speed. MT410 would not do standing backflip. Almost would.

Back