Kraton So, I have a question ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echskay

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
While bashing in me front yard the other day, I managed to shear off or snap the front bumper. It broke! (allowing for sarcastic snickers). I bought the RPM replacement bumper (RPM R/C Products Front Bumper Skid Plate Kraton DEX8T RPM81472) and have installed it. Is this supposed to be a direct replacement of the Arrma Front Bumper (AR320432)?

It doesn't look as if RPM is going to keep the front lower hinge pins captured. Or am I completely NUTS?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

While bashing in me front yard the other day, I managed to shear off or snap the front bumper. It broke! (allowing for sarcastic snickers). I bought the RPM replacement bumper (RPM R/C Products Front Bumper Skid Plate Kraton DEX8T RPM81472) and have installed it. Is this supposed to be a direct replacement of the Arrma Front Bumper (AR320432)?

It doesn't look as if RPM is going to keep the front lower hinge pins captured. Or am I completely NUTS?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I'm not positive so hopefully some others chime in but I think you have to use the stock bumper to hold the pins and the rpm one goes on top I'm not sure though. I have heard that one of the bumpers requires the stock bumper to keep pins in place I just can't remember what one.

You need the Typhon 6S stock bumper as a hinge pin retainer. It does not interfere with the RPM bumper installation.

Alternatively, it should be possible to dremel out the part of the Kraton stock bumper that is interfering with the RPM bumper installation, but I have not tried it

On my V5 I just slapped the RPM one right over the stock one. Looks a little funky, but function over form haha. You may need slightly longer screws to hold the bumper on from the bottom

I may also be reaching here, but you could always just silicon the pins in place if you no longer have the stock front bumper? maaaaybe

You need the Typhon 6S stock bumper as a hinge pin retainer. It does not interfere with the RPM bumper installation.

I know many did that. For my outcast, I just put the RPM bumper on and kept the stock bumper in place to hold the pins. It also adds to the rigidity of the RPM bumper on lawn dart landings.

Thanks for the advice. I am thinking of pancaking a new stock bumper under the RPM one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back