Big Rock So if the Typhon V3 and BRcc v3 share the same chassis.Then what chassis would I use to extend either one.?no vids on this only for 6s Typhon extentio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
I have a BRcc v3 3sblx and it shares the exact same chassis as the v3 3s blx Typhon.electronics on both are in same location .to extend the 6s Typhon people use a 6s kraton chassis.so which chassis would I use to extend v3 Typhon or BRcc .or extending the v3 line up not possible because there is not a chassis to extend them with?

I have a BRcc v3 3sblx and it shares the exact same chassis as the v3 3s blx Typhon.electronics on both are in same location .to extend the 6s Typhon people use a 6s kraton chassis.so which chassis would I use to extend v3 Typhon or BRcc .or extending the v3 line up not possible because there is not a chassis to extend them with?
Ask @autolex, he got a XLWB on his Typhon 3s

Thread : https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-3s-blx-xlwb-asphalt-toy.54810/#post-797413

The new xlwb V2 4s Kraton chassis I'm guessing.
Thank you .I'll look more into it and see what others say.i appreciate it 👍😁🤟
So I googled it and xlwb v24s has the same chassis as the BRcc v3

So I googled it and xlwb v24s has the same chassis as the BRcc won't work

Last edited:

Google is telling you wrong.. the new v2 kraton is much longer than the original.. which was the same as the Typhon, brcc, and the senton...

The big rock comes with, and always has been a lwb chassis.. the new kraton is the xlwb as @Rob66 mentioned.. this is your only avenue to make your big rock 3s longer...

Google is telling you wrong.. the new v2 kraton is much longer than the original.. which was the same as the Typhon, brcc, and the senton...

The big rock comes with, and always has been a lwb chassis.. the new kraton is the xlwb as @Rob66 mentioned.. this is your only avenue to make your big rock 3s longer...
I have sent Rob a message for help on my build.just waiting for reply..thank you for the help

The V1 Kraton 4s uses the same chassis as the big rock and typhon. The XLWB chassis is brand new. The only rig it iscurrently used on is the V2 Kraton 4s.

Is that a good chassis then to extend my BRcc

Unless I'm missing something, @Camaroboy383 already answered that question and to me it sounds like he knows what he's on about.

Is that a good chassis then to extend my BRcc
Yes... It's your only option.. make sure you get the center driveshaft as well.. not to sure the lwb one fits.. it may.. you will have to compare part numbers..

Sweet I'll get me a v2 4s kraton chassis and a center drive shaft and wish me the best 👍😁
Found one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-213830.png
    Screenshot_20220905-213830.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Sweet I'll get me a v2 4s kraton chassis and a center drive shaft and wish me the best 👍😁
Found one
Center brace too if you want the extra rigidity.

Your arms will need spacers. The V2 Chassis has wider openings at the hinge pin location for the thicker V2 arms. The BRCC as will fit but you'll have a gap between the center part of the arms.
Good to know.
Center brace from the kraton v2 4s ?
I only see composite chassis for the V2 4s kraton.no aluminum??
Yes, aluminum center brace for the V2.

Pics for reference.

20220905_220038.jpg

20220905_215257.jpg

Blue streak, here's the aluminum brace @Rob66 is referring to. It's a tower to tower brace. It helps reduce chassis flex. They were only used in the 4s 4x4 platform, not the 3s like you have.

Attachments

• 20220905_201607.jpg
    20220905_201607.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
So: these spaces exist on the 3S typhon (completely stock): there's a gap there on some of the models for flexibility when things are struck right?

You can fill them with soft shims (M2c sells some) or washers (don't do this unless you're speedrunning, but #6 stainless works on the 3S/4S plastic chassis cars)

I ordered the xlwb chassis and driveshaft (obviously link above, tons more going on with the car) but realized afterwards that the high speed driveshaft support isnt exactly the same: and doesn't really work.

I've ordered some other kraton hardware to see if I can fix it. I'll update when it arrives. (high speed bearing isn't retained in a clip like the typhon style anymore, may be that i was just missing the kraton clip? we'll see)

Last edited:
Yes... It's your only option.. make sure you get the center driveshaft as well.. not to sure the lwb one fits.. it may.. you will have to compare part numbers..
You are correct, it does not, it's too short. Similar problem occurs for the MWB chassis, the original OC is too short and the LWB shaft is too long.

So: these spaces exist on the 3S typhon (completely stock): there's a gap there on some of the models for flexibility when things are struck right?

You can fill them with soft shims (M2c sells some) or washers (don't do this unless you're speedrunning, but #10 stainless works on the 3S/4S plastic chassis cars)

I ordered the xlwb chassis and driveshaft (obviously link above, tons more going on with the car) but realized afterwards that the high speed driveshaft support isnt exactly the same: and doesn't really work.

I've ordered some other kraton hardware to see if I can fix it. I'll update when it arrives. (high speed bearing isn't retained in a clip like the typhon style anymore, may be that i was just missing the kraton clip? we'll see)
I'm not seeing any gaps between the arms and chassis on mine.

20220905_221632.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back