Big Rock So if the Typhon V3 and BRcc v3 share the same chassis.Then what chassis would I use to extend either one.?no vids on this only for 6s Typhon extentio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not seeing any gaps between the arms and chassis on mine.

View attachment 241654
How old is it: cause this is my 3S Typhon purchased in 2021.
1662430873892.png

1662430902904.png

1662430920276.png

Also: @King blitz take a good look at the layout of the chassis, it's a bit different too.

1662430991334.png

Spacers 🤔so a couple of washers on both sides should do the trick?
It may be irrelevant. The arm will be centered because the width of the opening is identical. The gap will allow flex of the pivot points in the arms because they aren't supported in the center. I don't know the gap but can measure the difference between the XLWB chassis and the LWB chassis.

Can't you just use the original lwb bearing carrier?.. just move it down a hole or two.. I'm sure the bearing won't care where it rides on the center shaft...
Look closely at this chassis pic. it wont work unless you grind out the partial carrier from the kraton first, and that may be harder than it looks since the strap retainer is molded into it.

(the typhon chassis rail is flat the whole way down, the support is screwed in. the carrier from the kraton is molded in)

1662432034150.png

I ordered both hardware kits from jennys so i can see if i can even buy a stock one first (don't have a good pic of this, it's buried in the kraton 4S stock body shots) then i'll grind the carrier to fit and make some instructions (gonna do a "your wheelbase" to "XLWB wheelbase" guide here when i figure it out.)

I'd rather use the oem part if it's cheap and i can buy it, then yeah i'll just move the typhon one over if i cant. (and maybe grind it to stay in the right spot, the bearing positioning does matter for nerds like me, harmonics!)

Last edited:
The bearing support is modeled into the V2 chassis. The center driveshaft has the bearing included.

My Typhon is an early V3. 2020?
That BRCC has the gaps as well. I doubt it's a huge problem, and can be shimmed as you've done. I'm just showing the differences between the V2 and previous chassis.
4S Kraton Driveshaft: $11.29
4S Kraton Chassis: $23.97

again: i haven't figured out the bearing carrier for the driveshaft yet, but if I know jennys, it's in either this kit or this kit, just not pictured. (I have one of each on the way)

you're not looking close enough. blue boxes here.

Can't you just use the original lwb bearing carrier?.. just move it down a hole or two.. I'm sure the bearing won't care where it rides on the center shaft...
There is no additional parts for the bearing support. I've purchased all of those parts kits. The only thing you get is the bearing that's installed on the shaft. And I agree, if you feel its necessary to add the LWB bearing support it will fit in the XLWB chassis. I don't understand the reason for it however as there's already a support molded in.

Last edited:
Look closely at that last chassis pic. it wont work unless you grind out the partial carrier from the kraton first.

I ordered both hardware kits from jennys so i can see if i can even buy a stock one first (don't have a good pic of this, it's buried in the kraton 4S stock body shots) then i'll grind it flat and make some instructions (gonna do a "your wheelbase" to "XLWB wheelbase" guide here when i figure it out.)

I'd rather use the oem part if it's cheap and i can buy it, then yeah i'll just move the typhon one over if i cant. (and maybe grind it to stay in the right spot, the bearing positioning does matter for nerds like me, harmonics!)

I'm aware of the molded carriers.. I have a v2 outcast currently.. what I'm saying is if you can't get the OEM parts you can always use a v1 carrier and move it fore or aft.. the center shaft is the same o.d over a very long length, meaning the bearing will carry the shaft no matter where it is placed..

Edit.. also there would be no need to grind the molded carriers away.. the shaft wouldn't ever come close to it...

Look closely at this chassis pic. it wont work unless you grind out the partial carrier from the kraton first.

(the typhon chassis rail is flat the whole way down, the support is screwed in. the carrier from the kraton is molded in)

View attachment 241665

I ordered both hardware kits from jennys so i can see if i can even buy a stock one first (don't have a good pic of this, it's buried in the kraton 4S stock body shots) then i'll grind it flat and make some instructions (gonna do a "your wheelbase" to "XLWB wheelbase" guide here when i figure it out.)

Cancel the parts order, it doesn't exist. All you get is the carrier bearing that's installed on the center driveshaft. Order that only.

Ok .I'm now have a huge headache on so much info but really confused on to go about this I've decided to cut my BRcc in half .add a big chunk of plate in the middle and buy the longest center axel I can get and boom done lol

Oh snap you just exposed my gaps😭🤣🤣🤣
We all are.
Ok .I'm now have a huge headache on so much info but really confused on to go about this I've decided to cut my BRcc in half .add a big chunk of plate in the middle and buy the longest center axel I can get and boom done lol
Don't forget to add more blue lights too! 💙

🤣🤣🤣🤣... Na it's as simple as ordering the chassis and center shaft with bearing for the kraton 4s v2... Add the center brace support if you want, it's not needed for a street rig..

I'm aware of the molded carriers.. I have a v2 outcast currently.. what I'm saying is if you can't get the OEM parts you can always use a v1 carrier and move it fore or aft.. the center shaft is the same o.d over a very long length, meaning the bearing will carry the shaft no matter where it is placed..

Edit.. also there would be no need to grind the molded carriers away.. the shaft wouldn't ever come close to it...
do you have a typhon carrier and bearing handy? they fit WAY tighter.
1662432709971.png

quite firmly attached to the chassis, and pretty well aligned! I measured it!
1662432722360.png

the molded one in the Kraton 4S chassis doesn't come but maybe 1-1.5mm from even touching it, when it spins it gets real wobbly: not good

1662432750621.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣... Na it's as simple as ordering the chassis and center shaft with bearing for the kraton 4s v2... Add the center brace support if you want, it's not needed for a street rig..
exactly this: order the chassis and driveshaft and you're fine. if you're using it for what i am (a little more bulletproof), probably buy a typhon bearing carrier too for $5

Buy the chassis if you want longer. It's your only option, figuring out the rear body mount is gonna be the fun part.
You'll need the driveshaft, and the T2T brace wouldn't hurt, but you'll also need the T2T brackets for the pre V2 towers.

do you have a typhon carrier and bearing handy? they fit WAY tighter.
View attachment 241674View attachment 241675

the molded one in the Kraton 4S chassis doesn't come but maybe 1-1.5mm from even touching it, when it spins it gets real wobbly: not good

View attachment 241676

exactly this: order the chassis and driveshaft and you're fine. if you're using it for what i am (a little more bulletproof), probably buy a typhon bearing carrier too for $5
The removable plastic bearing carriers (the one in your first photo) also have too much slop. Its so noisy from the bearing wobbling around in the carrier at speeds or heavy acceleration. I fitted an aluminium carrier to my infraction because of this. Problem gone.

...figuring out the rear body mount is gonna be the fun part...
I'd look at how they're doing it on the current outkast/kraton/senton to get some ideas: i had some fun with mine over on my thread, i ended up going with the much lower vorteks towers, but this thing is a speed car so that's fine.
The removable plastic bearing carriers (the one in your first photo) also have too much slop. Its so noisy from the bearing wobbling around in the carrier at speeds or heavy acceleration. I fitted an aluminium carrier to my infraction because of this. Problem gone.
PICS!? i wanna do that! hahah

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back