Mojave So just wandering. Why is everyone taking a Mojave and putting kraton stuff on them. I get it looks cool but man it takes away from what the Mojave is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's next to impossible to run/race with others having the same color, same body. Confusion and all. Been there. Just silly IMHO.
Yessir!! My brother and I have a few rigs that are similar, it gets sketchy I tell ya!!😂
Tali exb and Kraton exb are nearly identical from 50 foot..both on white dish truggy wheels🤔😬🤪 Heck, I took a can of hot pink spray paint to my 2wd Rustler so we could tell them apart..figured since he had gifted it to me I should be the one with the pink Rustler.. I call it stinky pinky!!🤣🤣

Too bad the Kraton body is cheap and thin. It shatters of you just sneeze at it. :rolleyes:Wish it were as thick as the OC and Noto.
I don't run the Kraton Body anymore. Just have one pristine unused one for the shelf if anything, I ate way too many Kraton bodies.
I only a PL Bash Armor body now on my K6s.
Yessir!! My brother and I have a few rigs that are similar, it gets sketchy I tell ya!!😂
Tali exb and Kraton exb are nearly identical from 50 foot..both on white dish truggy wheels🤔😬🤪 Heck, I took a can of hot pink spray paint to my 2wd Rustler so we could tell them apart..figured since he had gifted it to me I should be the one with the pink Rustler.. I call it stinky pinky!!🤣🤣
I remember one time, I got all confused, looking at the wrong one, and mine drove far away out into the fields, I actually didnt know where it was. like 300 feet away lost for a few minutes into the brush...:rolleyes: It happened to the other guy as well. All the other guys were laughing at us.
I enjoy the different driving experience with the SCT and Notorious v5 arms on a XLWB chassis, interchangeable between course tires and monster truck makes them both extremely dynamic

View attachment 323250
For me, having an actual Fireteam solves that problem.
But I understand what you are saying...

Before the Fireteam even came out, I did a custom XLWB with Kraton arms, all with spare take off parts I had lying around.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-6-typhon-from-my-take-off-parts-bin.32988/

Last edited:
Yep, I really don't understand why they make the bodies of different thickness from one to the next..strange. My KEXB stock body is still hanging tough though. It's beat to hell, cracks all over. Even has holes in it from the Mojo front shock tower. Hot glue baby!!👌 It works quite well, easy to remove and reapply too. I tried shoo goo and fiberglass tape..nah. Too messy, didn't seem to be worth it to me.

All rigs get boring. More than boring. Like it's not fun anymore. Then you drive something else for a while and the first one is fun again. Pretty simple.

Different tires on the Mojave make a new rig. Fat tires on the Mojave are fun if and make sense if you have an old body to cut.

Yeah for me the shoogoo drywall tape thing seems just silly, a waste of time and $$$. Been there. Will just break up anyway. Best to just Gorilla tape some key areas, then tape it up as you go, bashing and smashing here and there. Or just replace the body as I did, and just run a PL Bash armor body. Problem solved. Keeping a pristine Kraton body for the shelf if that matters to you. (y) :cool:
HH/Arrma just loves to keep selling us that Kraton thin ass body. They know we bash it very hard. It's a 6s Kraton isn't it? "Just Send it" and all. A great money Maker for them. That K6 body has the strength of a 1/10 platform body that is half its weight. Yet the OC and Noto bodies are twice as thick and strong?? What gives with that?
Kind of obvious to me.:giggle:
It's just $greed$.

Last edited:
Yeah for me the shoogoo drywall tape thing seems just silly, a waste of time and $$$. Been there. Will just break up anyway. Best to just Gorilla tape some key areas, then tape it up as you go, bashing and smashing here and there. Or just replace the body as I did, and just run a PL Bash armor body. Problem solved. Keeping a pristine Kraton body for the shelf if that matters to you. (y) :cool:
HH/Arrma just loves to keep selling us that Kraton this ass body. They know we bash it very hard. It's a 6s Kraton isn't it? "Just Send it" and all. A great money Maker for them. That K6 body has the strength of a 1/10 platform body that is half its weight. Yet the OC and Noto bodies are twice as thick and strong?? What gives with that?
Kind of obvious to me.:giggle:
It's just $greed$.
Yeah, somedays our racing look's more like demolition derby at my place.. our rigs get beat up from running into/over each other more than bashing. We get into it pretty good, don't care about the consequences..Brand new O8S? Yep, t-boned by an Xmaxx!! Only money folks, can't take it with ya!!😛🍻

Well , as a lot of you guys know , I race 1/10 carpet / turf SCT , and it will always be my favorite . There is 2wd buggy ( stock and mod ) , 4wd buggy ( 13.5 and mod ) , Stadium truck , and 2wd / 4wd SCT . Yes , the buggies will be faster and out handle our SCT's , but seeing the SCT , the most realistic of them all ripping around the track is what I love the best . Hence , why I love the Mo and Senton 6s !
NTM , to really try and get a SCT to be fast and handle is an accomplishment for me . It is very rewarding when we're running laps , and passing some buggies !!! LOL .
Again , dammit , all this talk makes me want to fire up my Mo !!!!

I agree 100%.
I like the Mojave just the way it is. Stock wheels tucked inside the body and all. One of my favorite RC's here. I also have a 6s Kraton as well, and a Fireteam.
I think some with the Mojave just get bored or frustrated with it and change it up because the last guy also did it, or they really wanted a different rig altogether. So it becomes a thing, one that is not all that? :unsure:
And then it is not a Mojo SCT or Dessert Racer anymore.(n) Is it? Running Kraton Arrms on a Mojave just becomes a wannabe Fireteam for all practical purposes. Yet really is not.
If you know how to drive the Mojave and dial in the suspension well enough, it is a complete blast to run. I never felt the Mojave is a Big air basher. Yet Many YT video Influencers drive it that way. We all drive differently. But I feel you should adapt your driving style to the model and not the the other way around. Until you have many RC's of all different styles, you tend to want to change that one model up all the time to become something it wasn't meant to be. I generally don't put all my apples into one basket. Rather buying that next different model and learn to drive it that way.
With RC you can do anything with creativity. For some that is their choice and style in this hobby.

>>>One very first thing I did was installed the Scorched RC Inner fenders. My Mojo runs quite clean inside the chassis now.(y) Issue solved.
Same holds true with most any SCT or Closed wheeled body. They simply will always collect debris and dirt. Nothing new here.
:cool:
I love the scorched fenders. It keeps a lot out not 100% but very close . I can not complain one bit about them . Well worth the money IMO. I have drove through water mud rocks and yet still very nice inside. I definitely recommend getting them if you budget allows it. It's a hobby of love but mostly money unfortunately
All rigs get boring. More than boring. Like it's not fun anymore. Then you drive something else for a while and the first one is fun again. Pretty simple.

Different tires on the Mojave make a new rig. Fat tires on the Mojave are fun if and make sense if you have an old body to cut.
Yeah I understand the boring part then wanting to modify or make it something different. Thank you to all for the replies and knowledge of why people do it. I understand now . Keep trucking

Last edited:
No Kraton parts here

3ED13C9D-A48C-48EA-9056-3863E97FB8E5.jpeg

8E1B2123-1DA4-4363-AD6C-FDC175ED29BD.jpeg

A70514CD-F2EE-4C73-9400-97961298E84E.jpeg

8054AE4C-0FF3-4720-8627-B9BF494F711A.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back