Mojave So just wandering. Why is everyone taking a Mojave and putting kraton stuff on them. I get it looks cool but man it takes away from what the Mojave is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garymathisjr83@gmail

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
IMG_20230911_122626862_HDR.jpg

Well, once you had Enough of it Hoovering up all the mud, rocks and dirt into the Mojave body...

You kind of want to just Bash WITHOUT having to do maid service yourself each time after a fun day of ripping the fields.

Making it a bit like a "Kraton" allows you to enjoy it more.

I’ve often wonder this myself.

I have a 6s outcast and Mojave and the Mojo handles so much better in turns and corners.
I love drifting it around the backyard track like a rally car.

I think widening it with Kraton arms and adding bigger tires would take away from its handling. I don’t know for sure since I’ve never driven a Kraton.

I always thought it was the other way around though. Guys with Kraton would swap in the longer Mojave chassis rather then starting with mojave and then swapping all the an arms and stuff.

I enjoy the different driving experience with the SCT and Notorious v5 arms on a XLWB chassis, interchangeable between course tires and monster truck makes them both extremely dynamic

IMG_2579.jpeg

Well, once you had Enough of it Hoovering up all the mud, rocks and dirt into the Mojave body...

You kind of want to just Bash WITHOUT having to do maid service yourself each time after a fun day of ripping the fields.

Making it a bit like a "Kraton" allows you to enjoy it more.
I get it I guess. After awhile it gets old like anything else. I just seen a lot of people doing it and I guess I will get to that point too lol.

I get it I guess. After awhile it gets old like anything else. I just seen a lot of people doing it and I guess I will get to that point too lol.
Keep the Mojave as it is. Add Scorched inner fenders and you’ll keep most dirt out.
If you want the handling of a Kratonized Mojave buy a Fireteam and maybe change to a lighter body or get a XLWB Kraton/Talion.

I've been working on a hidden project..

Guess it's about time to show it off a bit...
Might as well be here..

MBA -
Multi Body Adapter

Allows you to swap between Mojave and Kraton bodies on the Mojave chassis ,at will.

**Just need to make two new front mounting holes in the Kraton shell.**
Yes, I did create a drill template/guide to assist with the exact holes placement.

IMG_20230921_010152665.jpg

IMG_20230921_010115430.jpg

IMG_20230921_010020259.jpg

IMG_20230921_010014927.jpg

IMG_20230921_005953456_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230921_005404696.jpg

Very rough draft at the moment ,but you get the gist of it..

100% Mojave + my MBA ;add Kraton body & Wing (I'm still working on the wing mount extension/adapter.)

Yeah I kinda planned on it . I already have the scorched inner fenders all aluminum diff ups . EXB supports and working on the rest lol I did get a 9500mah CNHL racing lipo and that's great so far. Little big for a 6s but last almost 40 mins . I want a reliable ride lol.

I have a 6s outcast and Mojave and the Mojo handles so much better in turns and corners.

I think widening it with Kraton arms and adding bigger tires would take away from its handling. I don’t know for sure since I’ve never driven a Kraton.

I always thought it was the other way around though. Guys with Kraton would swap in the longer Mojave chassis rather then starting with mojave and then swapping all the an arms and stuff.
kraton 6s is the best basher I think you should get one

That's why you get both. :cool: (y)
Says the rich guy!!😉😛🍻
For me, while I absolutely love the Mojave as is, I got bored of it.. I don't bash much, mostly race on a track at home with my brother. The Mojo just had no suitable matchup to his rc's. So, I made a mashup between my kexb and mexb. The short (Mojo) armed Kraton is a blast to drive on my track, still running the Kraton body for now, hacked the wheel openings quite a bit to clear the Fortress tires since It is too narrow to clear. I didn't want to widen the rig since that would basically bring it back to a Kraton. Plan is to put an Asuga buggy body on and call it a Typhon XL. The Mojo became a Kraton XL, sporting a Redcat Shredder body. It's fun, not very good on the track though.. kinda the odd rig out at the moment..

Last edited:

I agree 100%.
I like the Mojave just the way it is. Stock wheels tucked inside the body and all. One of my favorite RC's here. I also have a 6s Kraton as well, and a Fireteam.
I think some with the Mojave just get bored or frustrated with it and change it up because the last guy also did it, or they really wanted a different rig altogether. So it becomes a thing, one that is not all that? :unsure:
And then it is not a Mojo SCT or Dessert Racer anymore.(n) Is it? Running Kraton Arrms on a Mojave just becomes a wannabe Fireteam for all practical purposes. Yet really is not.
If you know how to drive the Mojave and dial in the suspension well enough, it is a complete blast to run. I never felt the Mojave is a Big air basher. Yet Many YT video Influencers drive it that way. We all drive differently. But I feel you should adapt your driving style to the model and not the the other way around. Until you have many RC's of all different styles, you tend to want to change that one model up all the time to become something it wasn't meant to be. I generally don't put all my apples into one basket. Rather buying that next different model and learn to drive it that way.
With RC you can do anything with creativity. For some that is their choice and style in this hobby.

>>>One very first thing I did was installed the Scorched RC Inner fenders. My Mojo runs quite clean inside the chassis now.(y) Issue solved.
Same holds true with most any SCT or Closed wheeled body. They simply will always collect debris and dirt. Nothing new here.
:cool:

Last edited:
I'd be lying if I said I don't miss the Mojo. There's just something about seeing it soak up the bumps, leaning through the turns..even the way the dust rolls out the wheel wells. Super cool!! I may end up switching mine back at some point, not sure. In the meantime I still have my little sct410.3 to give me my "fix". It doesn't have the presence of the Mojo, or the body roll, but it's pretty bitchin.👍🍻
I think the outcast body is the best looking out of all the arrmas
Especially the 8s!! Mean lookin son of a gun it is.😎

The 6s Outcast retro body is an all time Arrma classic. I agree. Strong/thick lexan.
Seeing one, you just know it is an Arrma. Their trademark Arrma body IMHO. My very first Arrma was the V1 6s OC. Became a parts donor for my other 6s Arrma's since then. Well over 7-8 years ago. I always considered a new Clear OC body to paint up. I just don't like black/dark colored bodies at all.:rolleyes: The OC body needs to be a bright color(s) to accent the nice lines better, IMHO.
Just me.:cool:

Last edited:
The 6s Outcast retro body is an all time Arrma classic. I agree. Strong/thick lexan.
Seeing one, you just know it is an Arrma. Their trademark Arrma body IMHO. My very first Arrma was the V1 6s OC. Became a parts donor for my other 6s Arrma's since then. Well over 7-8 years ago. I always considered a new Clear OC body to paint up. I just don't like black/dark colored bodies at all.:rolleyes: The OC body needs to be a bright color(s) to accent the nice lines better, IMHO.
Just me.:cool:
The blackout theme of the EXB's does look great on the shelf, not so much out in the wild.. really hard to see in low light and if you're racing on a track with 2 or more, forget about it..of course that's a common theme in this rtr age we're living in..

It's next to impossible to run/race with others having the same color, same body. Confusion and all. Been there. Just silly IMHO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back