Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
147mph 6s log from today,gear it up...12 second buildup......I turned timing up last few runs an lost speed back to 0 timing

20220924_112606.jpg

7s hit log,overgeared, didn't turn much more rpms than 6s..to much gearing for packs,gear down an go for 160/7s by end of month

20220924_112809.jpg

147mph 6s log from today,gear it up...12 second buildup......I turned timing up last few runs an lost speed back to 0 timing

View attachment 245614
7s hit log,overgeared, didn't turn much more rpms than 6s..to much gearing for packs,gear down an go for 160/7s by end of month

View attachment 245615
If you waste too much time during the run up I have found the batteries won’t Lways recover as much as the faster hit.
I’ve been seeing 6-9 seconds as the sweet spot for my dual and hobao cars.
I think you’ll will even see 160 on 6s although 7s with the right gearing will force the rpm’s to get you there too

If you waste too much time during the run up I have found the batteries won’t Lways recover as much as the faster hit.
I think you’ll will even see 160 on 6s although 7s with the right gearing will force the rpm’s to get you there too
I really need some then good packs.just don't have that kind of funds at moment🤔maybe sell a car for some them #1s..good set cost about a car..lol
I really need some then good packs.just don't have that kind of funds at moment🤔maybe sell a car for some them #1s..good set cost about a car..lol
Thanks for the addvice brother,I'll shot for 6-9 next outing..

Great testimate about c ratings being bogus and the value of going with the recommended speed run packs.
I'd do more "and will" once I get the new tp motor and able to use the packs in the v1 since I only have 4 in total that will fit into the v2 currently. Fixing this problem as well.

Food for thought.
93mph on the hard case chnl. Claims 100c and 200 c burst..
99mph on the g+ 70c unknown burst rating.

But a 6mph difference is quite a surprise.

View attachment 245696

View attachment 245697

View attachment 245698
I did an A/B comparison 3S parallel with G-Ace 15000mAh/100C and SMC-SRD 6500mAh/150C packs. That's theoretical discharge rates of 1500A and 975A respectively. I went from 97mph to 107mph on the same gearing, same setup. Yes, the G-Ace did have a number more runs through them so it wasn't an exact 1:1 comparison but it does illustrate what a difference lipos make.

Congrats also just for hitting 150’s with that car and already setting your sights on 160’:
Let me know what you guys think about two different decals.

The first for those who love speed runs in general.

View attachment 245738

The second, for those whom are proven!

View attachment 245737
I like it !! 👍👍

Let me know what you guys think about two different decals.

The first for those who love speed runs in general.

View attachment 245738

The second, for those whom are proven!

View attachment 245737
These look amazing @WoodiE I can't wait until they are available!!!

On a good note ran the Limitless today on 3s, ya I know😂 but I've never ran a 3s pass in a 1/7 scale, and a 4s pass. Went great got her back trimmed up running straight and pulled 2 new PB's. 3s at 86mph and 4s at 112mph👌🏼 Mind you I'm geared for 6s and 8s so not bad at all on super conservative gearing and a 3s bashing pack. Have some honey do's to get done so get video edited and posted later but super happy she stayed on the pavement and ran great.
Screenshot_20220925-111144_GNSS PA.jpg
Screenshot_20220925-112405_GNSS PA.jpg

Took out my improved limitless and "brought back from the grave" VTE1.
In a few conservatively geared 4S runs. 113 mph for the limitless and 108mph. Not that great, just testing, getting a feeling how they run. The VTE1 definately needs some more rear downforce. A lightweight 1/8 does feel way more agile than the big 1/7 scale rigs.

Other than i think 113mph is my 4S pb, it definately is my PB for running a car without body clips. o_O
I started using dual lock (12mm width) on the front and sides of the body and it really holds it form. I still intend to keep using clips, just learned it won't be a disaster when i forget.

7s 155mph pb clean pass for me,lifted soon as I heard foam tire coming apart.uploading vid

View attachment 245912
I'm surprised that no wrecks 😅 unless the wind finally died down.... but good pass!
I gave up after 12pm 20mph wind doesn't seem to track right.

Dropped 2t on pinion an gained 2000ish rpms..still way overgeared..gear it down some more..killing these contact 40shores

20220925_184437.jpg

I'm surprised that no wrecks 😅 unless the wind finally died down.... but good pass!
I gave up after 12pm 20mph wind doesn't seem to track right.
Blowing straight down road,tailwind..tire started coming apart as it passed me..can see rpms decline soon as big chunk came off tire @mouse on log

I don't think contact are a decent brand.. I've had 35 and 40 shore for the tamyia tt02 and they chunk badly.. the triple pink BSR has been doing pretty decent. I had one small chunk. Due to something being on the road.. but good deal! You will be in the 160s in no time

Back