Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which CNHL did you get? They have quite a few different types.
90c is the Racing Series packs. I'm surprised it didn't do better, but also how many cycles did you have on the pack it could still be warming up as well being a new pack. Give them a comparison on the new road and see how big the difference really is I'd be interested to hear. I can't complain so far 114mph on my CNHL 6s pack👍

90c is the Racing Series packs. I'm surprised it didn't do better, but also how many cycles did you have on the pack it could still be warming up as well being a new pack. Give them a comparison on the new road and see how big the difference really is I'd be interested to hear. I can't complain so far 114mph on my CNHL 6s pack👍
The G+ 70C series are the ones that Speed runners usually use. I know the C rating is smaller, but they are very large and heavy.

1616769414045.png

I’ve never tried CNHL, but they seem like a great budget pack for great performance! $100 for a 6Ah 6S 70C is a decent price, but for $30 more I chose the Turnigy Graphene Panther 6Ah 6S 75C which I absolutely love. 131mph on 6S so far and it’s got more to give! That’s with a TP 4070-CM and an XLX so the electronics are beefier, but still - loads of power.

I’ve never tried CNHL, but they seem like a great budget pack for great performance! $100 for a 6Ah 6S 70C is a decent price, but for $30 more I chose the Turnigy Graphene Panther 6Ah 6S 75C which I absolutely love. 131mph on 6S so far and it’s got more to give! That’s with a TP 4070-CM and an XLX so the electronics are beefier, but still - loads of power.
Turnigy Graphene Panther has been my best performer so far too. This year I also have a set of CNHL 90C 9500MAH and SMC 9200MAH packs to try

1616770277967.png

1616770243177.png

Turnigy Graphene Panther has been my best performer so far too. This year I also have a set of CNHL 90C 9500MAH and SMC 9200MAH packs to try

View attachment 134858

View attachment 134857
I haven't made the jump to Graphene yet and we'll see where the new gearing takes me with the batts I have now. The end goal is still to see what I can pull out of that 2050kv. Except for the Castle esc, my T6S is still an all Arrma build. Part Kraton, part Limitless, and soon to be part Felony. Side note: whispering very very lightly.....the pinion is a Traxxas:oops:

I haven't made the jump to Graphene yet and we'll see where the new gearing takes me with the batts I have now. The end goal is still to see what I can pull out of that 2050kv. Except for the Castle esc, my T6S is still an all Arrma build. Part Kraton, part Limitless, and soon to be part Felony. Side note: whispering very very lightly.....the pinion is a Traxxas:oops:
Blasphemy! It's burning down better change that pinion ASAP! 🤣
Ya I also snag coupons for them so my last purchase two 4s 90c 5200mAh packs were $101 out the door👍 also like that I can usually get ahold of Kevin at CNHL for questions and free coupons 😉 think also when I got my 6s pack paid stupid low price like $65 out the door on it so that's another reason I go CNHL they perform and I can always usually get coupons to save some $$

I had some spare time to do testruns. Best recording 203 kph / 126mph. Faster than @Edough13 retaking the 9th spot on the speed run list ;)

Crappy filmed, but proof is proof.

It was kind of windy, so i didn't take much risk yet. Eventually I blew a rear tires at 184kph. Could park it without damage though.

I had some spare time to do testruns. Best recording 203 kph / 126mph. Faster than @Edough13 retaking the 9th spot on the speed run list ;)

Crappy filmed, but proof is proof.

It was kind of windy, so i didn't take much risk yet. Eventually I blew a rear tires at 184kph. Could park it without damage though.
Damnit 😂 Lol at least I'm still in the top 10. Awesome man let's keep the competition alive!

I currently

View attachment 134858

View attachment 134857
What I currently have in speedrun rotation are sets:
- CNHL Racing 90C 6200
- CNHL G+plus 70C 6000
- Turnigy Graphene 75C 6000
The last 2 are basically identical (size/weight/performance) I can't tell them apart in the datalogs. The racing 90C show slightly less ripple.
This is the log of the video above on the G+plus. It didn't go plateau yet, but it's already pushing out 450A at ease(<1V ripple on and 6.6V drop on 88% capacity)
1616775321891.png

I currently

- CNHL Racing 90C 6200
- CNHL G+plus 70C 6000
The last 2 are basically identical (size/weight/performance) I can't tell them apart in the datalogs. The racing 90C show slightly less ripple.
This is the log of the video above on the G+plus. It didn't go plateau yet, but it's already pushing out 450A at ease(<1V ripple on and 6.6V drop on 88% capacity)
View attachment 134872
I lost one of my 4S TGP packs last year in a nasty crash. I only have the two sets of CNHL and the SMC packs for this year. I think between the three sets of packs, I can get into the 140's, which is my goal. If I knock on the door of 150's by some miracle, I will probably buy another set. Probably the 6.0 this time.

I currently

- CNHL Racing 90C 6200
- CNHL G+plus 70C 6000
View attachment 134872
I feel that the app isn't working as well for me. Possible firmware update needed?:unsure:
Power graph.png

Just for reference guys if you are running a "normal KV" motor then your Typhon or Limitless will likely be fine with the original 3.3 diffs until you reach "X" speed where you have run out of room on the motor slider plate to increase your gearing. I have seen many people run the 2.8 diffs and then need to increase their spur gear to a 39t or larger because the diffs changed the final drive so much.

In most cases the GP5 2.8 ratio diffs are best suited for low KV 1/5 scale motors. (800-1600kv) These motors have less RPMs per volt, so the diff ratio helps out getting the wheel speed back up. The efficiency/torque of the big can motors is pretty impressive. I highly recommend using a 56xx or 58mm motor at some point if you can (y)
This is the reason I haven't changed my diffs to the GP5 yet even though I have all the parts. I don't have a lot of room to run in so I need to get up to speed early in the run. I have about 1800ft from start to finish before I run out of room and into traffic at the crossroad. The best I have been able to hit in that distance so far is 134mph on the stock diffs, I'm not sure I would gain with the GP5 diffs in that short distance. If I had another 500ft to run in, then sure. I also have a TP 5650 1250kv that I have been wanting to try with the GP5 diffs and see what I get. So many speedrun related tings I need to do and test but never have either the time, weather, or proper area for them

For quick reference, the GP5 diff multiplies the pinion/spur gear ratio by (43/13) X (42/15) = 1.1813. If you keep your spur gear constant and you have a 28T pinion, switching from 43/13 to 42/15 is the equivalent of gearing up 5 teeth to a 33T pinion because 28 X 1.1813 = 33.08. So going to GP5 diffs just lets you downsize your pinion by 5-6 teeth to maintain adjustability for further gearing.

For quick reference, the GP5 diff multiplies the pinion/spur gear ratio by (43/13) X (42/15) = 1.1813. If you keep your spur gear constant and you have a 28T pinion, switching from 43/13 to 42/15 is the equivalent of gearing up 5 teeth to a 33T pinion because 28 X 1.1813 = 33.08. So going to GP5 diffs just lets you downsize your pinion by 5-6 teeth to maintain adjustability for further gearing.

I think you just broke my brain! I know this all makes sense but I can't uncross my eyes.

I successfully did 79MPH with my Lim on the 1/4 mile Banked Oval Velodrome after a few warm up laps.. A PB. Never broke 70mph there before this time.
Without Carnage at least.:LOL:
Stock 6s gearing/6s.

Last edited:
This is the reason I haven't changed my diffs to the GP5 yet even though I have all the parts. I don't have a lot of room to run in so I need to get up to speed early in the run. I have about 1800ft from start to finish before I run out of room and into traffic at the crossroad. The best I have been able to hit in that distance so far is 134mph on the stock diffs, I'm not sure I would gain with the GP5 diffs in that short distance. If I had another 500ft to run in, then sure. I also have a TP 5650 1250kv that I have been wanting to try with the GP5 diffs and see what I get. So many speedrun related tings I need to do and test but never have either the time, weather, or proper area for them
I have a similar experience. Where I make passes, I have more than 1800ft, but I have trouble seeing much further. I think 1000ft is a pretty good range for the naked eye. I can’t imagine having a car going 140mph+ away from me and loose sight of it. I try to be all the way into my throttle by the time my car passes me. I try to stand closer to the big end so I can see it better when it’s going the fastest.

Also, it was really windy the last six months here so finding a calm day has been very hard. It is rare to have a day under 10mph winds. It has put me in the ditch so often that I almost gave up last year.

Yeah, my 11 yo son doesn't understand that even a nice warm day, but with 30 MPH winds, Cross winds and all, is no good for speed. He really thinks he can compensate with his driving skills. But is dam near impossible. At the Velodrome he keeps getting sucked up high into the Banked turns and eats the wall with the Infr. You can't feel or see the wind 400 ft away. That body and Chassis is trashed and tweaked bad.
But does drive very well. Needs more experience. He thinks he is Superman with RC. Very confident. Maybe too much. I am at a point where I just patch up the Infr. and let him go to town. He doesn't mind. I don't know how he can even drive it in that patched up condition, but does. Yet still has not managed to brick the stocker servo. 🤷‍♂️

Back