Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok well think it's time to switch motor as I pulled the cap pack, perfect pass and B-link and again had the same issue. I stayed in it this time so pulled 136mph over the last two 130 passes. Have some errands to run then I'll get log pulled and see if anything stands out. Also packs IR are fine so don't think that's the issue which leaves either the motor or the ESC which is going to blow as no sense in getting another MMX8S so new XLX2 is what $250+ or new motor about $180😔 really disappointed as if the issue hadn't happened would for sure be low 140's now
Screenshot_20210514-100141.png

Ok well think it's time to switch motor as I pulled the cap pack, perfect pass and B-link and again had the same issue. I stayed in it this time so pulled 136mph over the last two 130 passes. Have some errands to run then I'll get log pulled and see if anything stands out. Also packs IR are fine so don't think that's the issue which leaves either the motor or the ESC which is going to blow as no sense in getting another MMX8S so new XLX2 is what $250+ or new motor about $180😔 really disappointed as if the issue hadn't happened would for sure be low 140's nowView attachment 145594
Speed running isn’t as easy as the guys at the top of the list make it seem. Getting to 130mph takes some effort. But getting to 140mph seems to take a big leap. I’m hoping 150mph comes easier than 140mph has.

Speed running isn’t as easy as the guys at the top of the list make it seem. Getting to 130mph takes some effort. But getting to 140mph seems to take a big leap. I’m hoping 150mph comes easier than 140mph has.
I know it isn't easy but damn it sucks when everything has been peaches and cream to 138mph then out of no where this issue comes up😔 one thing I can say I'm proud of is the fact 130s have been like nothing for me. Last 5 passes all 130-138mph car is running like an arrow and I've got it down. Also the fact that not even 6 months ago I started at 64mph and now am in the top 5 of over 25,000 members I think is quite an accomplishment. I'm trying to keep my head up fellas but it's tough with being blind sided all of a sudden. Sure it's not the last issue I'll have and is a lot better than totalling my investment that's for sure. Just puts a damper on my venture for the time being and I'm not a patient person which doesn't help at all.

Ok here's the log, as I said previously the 2000 rpm I lost was due to letting off immediately when the de-sync is happening where today I stayed in it and gained it back. Also not sure what happened and can hope is what's causing the issue but checked firmware today and for some reason it kicked the last update off which happens to be fine tuning for high RPM motors 🙄 so not sure if it was messing with the B-link settings it took it off or what so going to give it one last try before switching the motor with adding the update back. Won't be tell like next Wednesday as I've got winds coming in over the next 4 days though which sucks! Anyways here's the log from today's 136 pass with the issue happening again.
IMG_20210514_113820791_HDR.jpg

If it makes you feel any better,I burned up new xlx2 yesterday......just sent it to CC.
That doesn't make me feel any better bro! I'm not a person that wants to see others fail or suffer in the least bit! That really blows, I hope you get a replacement quick and can get back out there soon!

for some reason it kicked the last update off which happens to be fine tuning for high RPM motors 🙄 so not sure if it was messing with the B-link settings it took it off or what so going to give it one last try before switching the motor with adding the update back
So you were running on the older firmware?

So you were running on the older firmware?
Like I said I'm not sure what happened as I updated it a while back. I just double checked today after this pass and it only had the original update but not the more current update for fine tuning of high RPM motors. Not sure if that was the old firmware or just didn't have the most current update? But now it is all updated with everything current so going to give it one more shot with the motor and hope that was the issue. If not next I'll try a different motor, if still happens think it's time for a new motor and XLX2 if and when I can afford one

Software could make a lot of difference. Before you buy new stuff, definitely make a ticket at CC support. They are proper supportive

ps. I have this flappy sound, because my body presses on the front wheels.

Last edited:
Software could make a lot of difference. Before you buy new stuff, definitely make a ticket at CC support. They are proper supportive

ps. I have this flappy sound, because my body presses on the front wheels.
I've got my fingers and toes crossed that was the issue but not holding my breath. Ya I just recently started taping the body to the chassis as I noticed after the 138 pass I had wear on the body from the rear tires rubbing.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that was the issue but not holding my breath. Ya I just recently started taping the body to the chassis as I noticed after the 138 pass I had wear on the body from the rear tires rubbing.
Sometimes little things like body and tire rubbing, a bad ball bearing anywhere or even the wing direction make those 2-3 mph difference. Take it easy, calm down and when you get your head colder, check everything again and test when the weather allows you. (y)

Sometimes little things like body and tire rubbing, a bad ball bearing anywhere or even the wing direction make those 2-3 mph difference. Take it easy, calm down and when you get your head colder, check everything again and test when the weather allows you. (y)
All of that has already been addressed lol. Wing is trimmed per @phildogg suggestion and issue is with motor/ESC not small cosmetics. Like I said I ran body loose up to 138 then started taping it last 3 passes with the issue as I noticed small rubbing as 8s is tight and pushes body out a hair. Like I said issue is not gaining a mph or 2 it's the system not running smoothly or today's 136 would have been low 140s for sure. I appreciate the help but again it's nothing to do with body, wing or bearings those have all been ruled out a few days ago its the issue with the motor de-syncing and not running smoothly 👍

All of that has already been addressed lol. Wing is trimmed per @phildogg suggestion and issue is with motor/ESC not small cosmetics. Like I said I ran body loose up to 138 then started taping it last 3 passes with the issue as I noticed small rubbing as 8s is tight and pushes body out a hair. Like I said issue is not gaining a mph or 2 it's the system not running smoothly or today's 136 would have been low 140s for sure. I appreciate the help but again it's nothing to do with body, wing or bearings those have all been ruled out a few days ago its the issue with the motor de-syncing and not running smoothly 👍

I know that motor will make an odd sort of sound when it has reached max rpm for that voltage. Imagine a motorcycle engine bouncing off the rev-limiter. I wonder if you just need to gear up? Maybe the current setup is maxed out and asking for more gearing!?

Higher speeds on a prior run could be explained with a more linear throttle pull and higher voltage available for the motor/rpms

I know that motor will make an odd sort of sound when it has reached max rpm for that voltage. Imagine a motorcycle engine bouncing off the rev-limiter. I wonder if you just need to gear up? Maybe the current setup is maxed out and asking for more gearing!?

Higher speeds on a prior run could be explained with a more linear throttle pull and higher voltage available for the motor/rpms
I didn't think of that either, as I've ran the same gearing for the last 5 passes top being 138 but obviously no issue that pass but as you said could have been a better pull. I'll change pinion for next pass as well, right now I'm just throwing stuff at the wall hoping something sticks🤷 Thanks as always for the helpful suggestions @LibertyMKiii!!!

Back