Spektrum SR6110AT just bad or back luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeighDay

I came...I saw...I broke it
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Talion EXB
Replaced my servo last night in my new Outcast with a HobbyStar HCS-4521 and made sure everything was good as far as steering travel etc. Everything worked perfect last night in the test run. Went to use it today and there is no response on the receiver. Tried holding down the Spektrum logo for pairing but no lights come on. Tried doing the 3 button press for pairing without AVC still no response. Pulled the SR6110AT temporarily from my Talion and it works as it should in the Outcast.

My question is are Spektrum receivers just bad or did I just get bad luck with this one? Should I get a different servo instead? The other SR6110AT has been going fine in my Talion *knock on wood* Looking over various post here seems like it's kind of hit and miss.

Have a warranty claim in Horizon for a new one.

I have never had a problem with any of the Spektrum receivers that I have used as long as they are paired with a decent radio.

Literally just bought an outcast 8s from tower hobbies...the whole kickoff deal and sure enough my reciever wasn't even bound...and on top of that it wouldn't even light up and turn on! Contacted them and after a couple headaches and run around, 15 videos later as proof and presto they're sending another unit. Not the first time dealing with spektrum electronics not working..so yeah..wth.wish ya luck.

Literally just bought an outcast 8s from tower hobbies...the whole kickoff deal and sure enough my reciever wasn't even bound...and on top of that it wouldn't even light up and turn on! Contacted them and after a couple headaches and run around, 15 videos later as proof and presto they're sending another unit. Not the first time dealing with spektrum electronics not working..so yeah..wth.wish ya luck.
I have no issues either, 4 of em over here!? Send it my way I'll take a look!! 🤣

I have never had a problem with any of the Spektrum receivers that I have used as long as they are paired with a decent radio.
yeah neither have I until this point. Which sent me down the rabbit hole of looking through post here about it. it’s paired with a Dx3 controller.
Glad they are sending out new one to you. I had to take videos as well. I think they are sending one out as well. In the last email they asked for all my shipping info and proof of purchase.

A couple of videos and some emails back and forth and my new receiver is here. Kudos to Horizon Hobby with the quick turnaround.

3DBA7F2E-4260-4004-BA9E-A5922EC94503.jpeg

Just had the same receiver take a poop yesterday. Flashing LED of death on the ESC. Hope they send me a new one

Does the new one work?

Those things are overcomplicated POS's..... IMHO
No I was gonna try to fix it.. I only need one more!! 🤣
Something tells me that I would be sentencing my poor dead receiver to some cruel and unusual insertions if I sent it your way.
I haven't forgot about you @Rob66.. pm me

Go radiolink!

*runs away
I should have listened long ago :LOL:

...So after a couple of months another one of my SR6110AT have died on me. This time the THR port. I thought it was a bad esc / bad solder connection to the motor but turns out the Spektrum receiver strikes again.

time to order a RadioLink.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back