Typhon Spur gear ruined

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg1726

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Today I stripled out ny stock spur gear, i’m going to buy the metal HR upgrade, my question is will the stock slipper clutch assembly from my 3s work with the metal HR spur?

Do I have to buy and adjustable engine mount?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 3ADBE51C-9412-4462-B946-9979143E35BF.png
    3ADBE51C-9412-4462-B946-9979143E35BF.png
    641 KB · Views: 86
Today I stripled out ny stock spur gear, i’m going to buy the metal HR upgrade, my question is will the stock slipper clutch assembly from my 3s work with the metal HR spur?

Thanks in advance
That’s the wrong one. You have the castellated pads and the metal spur you’re showing here is the octagon shaped one.

There are two of the HR spurs

EA458332-9DC6-4746-9633-2CE954DAB198.png

Thanks in advance
How old is it? I just warrantied my spur and motor on a new Typhon 3s. Looking around on the fakebook groups I see this happening a lot

You can also get the metal spur from the 4s Kraton and Outcast. The stock 3s slipper assy is the same as the 4s slipper assy the difference is one more slipper pad in front and the metal spur. Get either the Hot Racing spur (STFF257N) or the one from the 4s (ARA310945) and one more slipper pad. You don't need an adjustable motor mount but I would highly suggest getting one.

Also check your motor shaft for any left to right movement (front motor bearing). Change all the stock Arrma bearings especially anything having to deal with the drive train.

also be sure its not the motor bearings that took out the spur✌
thanks man,
It stripped out because one of the motor screws somehow came lose..i tightened it with some locktite and its solid now, odd tho.
How old is it? I just warrantied my spur and motor on a new Typhon 3s. Looking around on the fakebook groups I see this happening a lot
did u have to mail them anything?
That’s the wrong one. You have the castellated pads and the metal spur you’re showing here is the octagon shaped one.

There are two of the HR spurs

View attachment 77954
damnit!
i’ll cancel my order and but the correct one..thats why I post on here! lmao
thanks man

thanks man,
It stripped out because one of the motor screws somehow came lose..i tightened it with some locktite and its solid now, odd tho.

did u have to mail them anything?
Been there. Don’t that. One bad landing will do that.

@dg1726 Yes I emailed the a picture for the receipt and the damaged spur also told the about the motor and said I would give the video upon request, You may want to disassemble your slipper and check for damage

make sure u run a extra hard pinon with that hr spur

I was looking at these spurs the other day. On HR website, the STFF257N states that if using in a 3s truck, an extra slipper pad needs to be added, so 4 in total.

Is this true?

For the following 3S BLX you will need add one more slipper pads .
Or order SATF257
- Big Rock 4X4 3S BLX: AR102723 AR102711
- Granite 4X4 3S BLX: AR102720T1 ARA102720T2 AR102666
- Senton 4X4 3S BLX: AR102721T1, AR102721T2 AR102668
- Typhon 4X4 3S BLX: AR102722, AR102696

It depends on your current spur and slipper style. All new units should have the castellated style. 3S will have 3 pads and 4S will have 4 pads. Older 3S units have 3 octagon pads.

It depends on your current spur and slipper style. All new units should have the castellated style. 3S will have 3 pads and 4S will have 4 pads. Older 3S units have 3 octagon pads.
Yeah ok. I run the old 3 octagon pads with the older HR spur SATF257 and is fine.
I was just wondering if running the STFF257N with the new castellated style pads, will it still work fine with the just the 3 pads?

Yeah ok. I run the old 3 octagon pads with the older HR spur SATF257 and is fine.
I was just wondering if running the STFF257N with the new castellated style pads, will it still work fine with the just the 3 pads?
Yes it will work with 3 castellated pads

You can also get the metal spur from the 4s Kraton and Outcast. The stock 3s slipper assy is the same as the 4s slipper assy the difference is one more slipper pad in front and the metal spur. Get either the Hot Racing spur (STFF257N) or the one from the 4s (ARA310945) and one more slipper pad. You don't need an adjustable motor mount but I would highly suggest getting one.

Also check your motor shaft for any left to right movement (front motor bearing). Change all the stock Arrma bearings especially anything having to deal with the drive train.
Is the extra adjustable slipper pad essential if using the 4s slipper?

The metal spur gear is skinnier than the plastic spur gear. Is it essential, I would think so without that extra pad it you would lose that extra thickness like taking out a needed shim.
??

I was looking at these spurs the other day. On HR website, the STFF257N states that if using in a 3s truck, an extra slipper pad needs to be added, so 4 in total.

Is this true?

For the following 3S BLX you will need add one more slipper pads .
Or order SATF257
- Big Rock 4X4 3S BLX: AR102723 AR102711
- Granite 4X4 3S BLX: AR102720T1 ARA102720T2 AR102666
- Senton 4X4 3S BLX: AR102721T1, AR102721T2 AR102668
- Typhon 4X4 3S BLX: AR102722, AR102696

you’re correct...
i got my HR spur today and i cranked it super tight yet still too lose and it just slips ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back