Kraton Standing Backflips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyJ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
Should a Kraton exb with Hobbywing max6 1650 kv, 18 t pinion, on 6s be able to do standing backflips? Tried on some grass but all I could do was land on my back, I figured maybe the stock copperhead 2s were to blame?

Do you have punch turned all the way up?
+1.
If you like standing BF's, I hope all your diffs are up to snuff. Proper oils etc.
I think standing Backfips will get tired real fast after a while. To me that is not a sign of well balanced performance and power. Just me.
The Noto SWB would be best for this since it is a wheelie monster out the box.
More of a freestyle rig for your objective here . A LWB K6 chassis works against you in this regard.
But enjoy the fun for now.
What matters.:giggle:

+1.
If you like standing BF's, I hope all your diffs are up to snuff. Proper oils etc.
I think standing Backfips will get tired real fast after a while. To me that is not a sign of well balanced performance and power. Just me.
The Noto SWB would be best for this since it is a wheelie monster out the box.
More of a freestyle rig for your objective here . A LWB K6 chassis works against you in this regard.
But enjoy the fun for now.
What matters.:giggle:
Its not something I really like to do, it was more of a test lol. Previous owner with "35 yrs of RC experience" said he went over the diffs and everything is good, Im trying to get more details but thats all I know right now.

Check with Kevin...he seems to be the Duke of Standing Backflipshire (video is queued to the appropriate time stamp).

Wow backflips for days lol. Hes got the max 6 but different longer motor, mine is fatter though lol. He said he was overgeared with a 15t and changed to a 12t pinion??? I have an 18t.. but mine dosnt get hot because of my fannage.
Tempted to try on some asphalt now!

Last edited:
Wow backflips for days lol. Hes got the max 6 but different longer motor, mine is fatter though lol. He said he was overgeared with a 15t and changed to a 12t pinion??? I have an 18t.. but mine dosnt get hot because of my fannage.
Tempted to try on some asphalt now!
Yeah 18T may be too tall for the torque you want/need.
I run 17T or 18T with my K6 (stock electrics) depending how hot ambient temps are. Works for me.

My Kraton 6s with Castle MMX 8s and 1717 1650kv motor and 18T pinion on 6s once did a 360 degree standing backflip on grass (I'm running Backflip tires). I didn't try to do it on purpose: my neighbor asked me how powerful my Kraton was, and I mashed the trigger, which I hadn't done before. We both stood there with our jaws dropped when the Kraton did a 360 backflip without either the wing or wheelie bar touching the ground, landed on the wheels, and kept on going. And my punch level was not set at the highest level.

Kraton 6s, stock copperhead 2's. Not the max 6 combo but castle mmx8s/1717 1650 combo which is the equivalent to max 6 combo. I believe I had a 26t pinion with stock spur. Max Power (throttle epa) was turned down to about 60% with 500k in center diff and rest stock.

lol that kevin talbot video inspired me to make this short. I saw how clean his backflips where and I didn't realize I had been doing it wrong this whole time.

Kraton 6s, stock copperhead 2's. Not the max 6 combo but castle mmx8s/1717 1650 combo which is the equivalent to max 6 combo. I believe I had a 26t pinion with stock spur. Max Power (throttle epa) was turned down to about 60% with 500k in center diff and rest stock.

lol that kevin talbot video inspired me to make this short. I saw how clean his backflips where and I didn't realize I had been doing it wrong this whole time.
Those backflips were cllllllleeeeeeeaaaaannn!! I did a standing backflip with my V1 Kraton a couple years ago after dropping a Max6/4985 combo in it. Wasn't expecting it to do it, but geez!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back