Kraton Steering bearings/bushings upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I noticed that the steering system of the kraton 4s has 4 bushings instead of bearings. I was wondering is it worth it to buy bearings to remplace them? I recently bought protek bearings sealed bearings to remplce the 8 12x18x4 bearings(wheel bearings, differential bearings) hope i did the right move with those waiting for them to come.

Where did you found 4$ bearings? The best i could find was 3.5$ for 2 bearings from traxxas. I have a fast servo but feels like my sevo saver is bad. By curiosity what those 4 bearings going to improve?
Yeah! Replace the bushings!!

Best 4$ you ever spend on your truck!

Where did you found 4$ bearings? The best i could find was 3.5$ for 2 bearings from traxxas. I have a fast servo but feels like my sevo saver is bad. By curiosity what those 4 bearings going to improve?

If you still run your stock bearings.. Best way is to buy a complete set of rubber sealed @FastEddy bearings.. Stock bearings arent that bad.. But the will blow out sooner rather than later.. Especially when you run your truck in sand/dirt a lot..

don't know what set you will need.. But they make complete sets to do your whole truck.. Like 22 bearings for around 22$
If you still run your stock bearings.. Best way is to buy a complete set of rubber sealed @FastEddy bearings.. Stock bearings arent that bad.. But the will blow out sooner rather than later.. Especially when you run your truck in sand/dirt a lot..

don't know what set you will need.. But they make complete sets to do your whole truck.. Like 22 bearings for around 22$

Or.. Go to AVID

https://www.avidrc.com/product/8/metric-bearings/23/6x12x4-Rubber-MR126-2RS-metric-bearings.html

Not sure if those are the right size..

Last edited:

Or.. Go to AVID

https://www.avidrc.com/product/8/metric-bearings/23/6x12x4-Rubber-MR126-2RS-metric-bearings.html

Not sure if those are the right size..
I have 2 sealed beRings in the slipper system already and the 10 others bearings are coming this week. For now im going to stay with this. I already saw those bearings but because i live in canade i saw them for 22$ and 10$ for shipping... the really deal killer here is the shipping who is almost half the price of what i want to buy main reason i stay with amainhobbies or local
Like what i was saying just confirmed itself again 4$ for 4 bearings thats really nice but shipping is 11$..:c its sad living in canada sometimes..
The bearings i specificly need to the steering system are 5x10x4

I have 2 sealed beRings in the slipper system already and the 10 others bearings are coming this week. For now im going to stay with this. I already saw those bearings but because i live in canade i saw them for 22$ and 10$ for shipping... the really deal killer here is the shipping who is almost half the price of what i want to buy main reason i stay with amainhobbies or local
Like what i was saying just confirmed itself again 4$ for 4 bearings thats really nice but shipping is 11$..:c its sad living in canada sometimes..
The bearings i specificly need to the steering system are 5x10x4

The 5x10x4 are also 1$ each.. But yeah.. That doesn't include shipping.. Im from Europe.. But my bearings i order in the US.. I needed 2 centre diff bearings.. Paid 8€ in my LHS.. So ordering them in.. Stayin just under customs price.. Works for me..

The 6S also uses bushings. Bushings are ok and if you were going to have them, the steering is a better place than most. As previously posted there are places you can buy packs of bearings to suit your model car and they have the necessary bearings to replace those bushings. I usually use Fast Eddy but I have a few packs of Avid that I need to drop into my Typhon 3S when I get a moment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back