Stimulus check purchase?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been checking those out also. I have noticed the lawns that use them look gorgeous!! beside freeing up about 2 hours a week!!
1700$ I’m gonna give it a whirl. You can’t buy a good riding mower for that. No more deck belts,blades,oil,gas the noise and fighting with my son to cut the grass????

1700$ I’m gonna give it a whirl. You can’t buy a good riding mower for that. No more deck belts,blades,oil,gas the noise and fighting with my son to cut the grass????

If you get one, I would be curious how you like it!!
I saw that as well. They are trying to plea bargain in a crisis situation.. Disgusting!

I agree this needs to be about the people and small businesses effected. NOT all the freaking earmarks that go along for a free ride.

I figured you for a modded 300KV deck on 24s being pulled around the yard by a MT kind of guy :LOL:

If it comes, I'll most likely put it in the bank to try and recoup the money already spent on stupid :poop: in efforts to keep my sanity. Been 11 days for me already..:banghead:

Ok, who is going to do this. I really want to know who is going to be the first to do a flip!!

The lens cap smacking the camera body is so annoying. Please god if you own a camera, don’t tether the lens cap to the body if shooting video. Just use a pocket to hold it. ??

/rant

Can you tell I am bored!! This could be dangerous, I was supposed to be committed this week BUT, the doctors seem to have there hands full already :whistle:

If I got free money from the Govt, I'd use it to pay the tax check I owe this year, then buy stocks on the discount market right now. So far I'm not personally affected financially by all of this, other than my retirement accounts dropping, but I'm young enough they will come back before I need them. I watched my accounts drop to 1/3 around 2008, then back up and beyond 5-10 years later. I bought a house in 2009, which is probably the strongest financial move I ever made, it's now worth 3x what I paid 10 years ago. People who say I'm going to take the money and blow it on this or that toy are the ones who need it because they don't know how to save or make good financial decisions. I bet they all owe money on a credit card or vehicle. The best move is always to pay your debts first, but I guess that's not the American way.

If I got free money from the Govt, I'd use it to pay the tax check I owe this year, then buy stocks on the discount market right now. So far I'm not personally affected financially by all of this, other than my retirement accounts dropping, but I'm young enough they will come back before I need them. I watched my accounts drop to 1/3 around 2008, then back up and beyond 5-10 years later. I bought a house in 2009, which is probably the strongest financial move I ever made, it's now worth 3x what I paid 10 years ago. People who say I'm going to take the money and blow it on this or that toy are the ones who need it because they don't know how to save or make good financial decisions. I bet they all owe money on a credit card or vehicle. The best move is always to pay your debts first, but I guess that's not the American way.
But your house increased in value at the same time your next house did. If you bought at the peak in 2006, as I did ??‍♂️, then when hosing costs went down and I was upside down, so did the value of my next house, if I had decided to sell.

Bottom line is that the value of your home isn’t independent of every other property. Unless you sell and don’t buy another home, the equity you’ve gained means nothing. Unless you plan on leveraging this equity for a loan. That’s about the only time you get any advantage or disadvantage.

Thread cleaned

Let’s keep it pointed in a constructive direction please.

Thanks

But your house increased in value at the same time your next house did. If you bought at the peak in 2006, as I did ??‍♂️, then when hosing costs went down and I was upside down, so did the value of my next house, if I had decided to sell.

Bottom line is that the value of your home isn’t independent of every other property. Unless you sell and don’t buy another home, the equity you’ve gained means nothing. Unless you plan on leveraging this equity for a loan. That’s about the only time you get any advantage or disadvantage.

Equity = wealth. You can borrow against it, etc. I cannot buy another equal home in the same area for less money, but there are plenty of nearby alternatives where a very nice house sells for much less, for the amount of equity I have in it. So effectively I could move from the city center to a nice house in the suburbs and have no mortgage if my family chose to do so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back