Kraton Stock 6s vs. 4985 combo battery run time comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adawg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hey I’m looking for someOne that has first hand experience with stock 6s setup vs max6 combo running the 4985. So I know how much run time you get with a 5000ma 6s on the stock setup and now that I’m going with the max6 combo in the exb I’m wondering how much the run time would change. This is just generally speaking on average because yes I understand there are many other factors. I’m using a 19t pinion Which puts your end top speed about the same as factory so use that for example.

I’m thinking of grabbing some 4500ma 6s for a great price but are they gonna be sufficient.

Hey I’m looking for someOne that has first hand experience with stock 6s setup vs max6 combo running the 4985. So I know how much run time you get with a 5000ma 6s on the stock setup and now that I’m going with the max6 combo in the exb I’m wondering how much the run time would change. This is just generally speaking on average because yes I understand there are many other factors. I’m using a 19t pinion Which puts your end top speed about the same as factory so use that for example.

I’m thinking of grabbing some 4500ma 6s for a great price but are they gonna be sufficient.
I run both and there is no real significant difference in run times. I run a 21T on the 4985, and an 18T on the BLX 2050. It all depends on how hard you're running it. This time of year I only go about 5 mins before stopping to cool down anyways.

No noticeable change here either. End all be all, the motor stays cooler when dialed to the same speed.
Your driving style will change with all this extra power, your mileage will vary.

Perfect thanks both of you. I kinda figured it would be very close. It’s a much bigger motor but lower kv. What mah battery do you guys run?

Those are the Ovonic right? I use them and do not notice any difference in run time to my 5000mah packs. I like them a lot...

Those are the Ovonic right? I use them and do not notice any difference in run time to my 5000mah packs. I like them a lot...
Yes those and I think hrb also. I was surprised how much cheaper they were then a 5000 or 5200. Thanks for the info

I will check out the chnl. I run those on my racing drones and didn’t really think about it I will definitely see what they have. They are great battery’s.

Right on man. Thanks! Subscribed
The way the arrma battery tray is made, it seems to do well with soft packs. I've seen others have issues on their revo's with soft packs bending, but I've never had an issue in mine and I've lawn darted it hard enough to break bulkheads. I have to assume they don't put the padding in the front like it's supposed to have.

I am a bit hesitant on my savage flux though as it has slots in the battery trays that allow sticks/rocks to hit the packs directly. I don't drive it much though and where I drive, I don't have to worry about rocks much, so I just bash it and hope for the best. lol!

The way the arrma battery tray is made, it seems to do well with soft packs. I've seen others have issues on their revo's with soft packs bending, but I've never had an issue in mine and I've lawn darted it hard enough to break bulkheads. I have to assume they don't put the padding in the front like it's supposed to have.

I am a bit hesitant on my savage flux though as it has slots in the battery trays that allow sticks/rocks to hit the packs directly. I don't drive it much though and where I drive, I don't have to worry about rocks much, so I just bash it and hope for the best. lol!
Rocks are my worst enemy, I keep getting them stuck under my drive cups and one got sucked up under my center diff and it carved a nice groove into my diff case so deep it leaked oil. I run soft packs in my cars too and haven't had issues with them as long as both straps are used.

Hey are those hard packs?
I used to worry about it but then I got really into racing and freestyle drones. They only run soft packs and they are just sitting fully exposed. I’ve crashed at up mph and the battery ejected and flew 30 feet and was fine. After 50 crashes sometimes you gotta retire the pack but I’ve never seen one catch on fire or leak or anything. No I don’t worry about using them in a well protected rc car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back