Strange servo issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Dylan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
I have a Max8 G2, Savox 2290 and DX5c Pro. My noto has developed an electrical issue out of nowhere. After a few minutes of light driving my servo will all of the sudden crank to the left all the way like it's having a seizure. It only stops when I turn my radio off. This only happens when I turn the radio on. For example, I'll turn the car on and its fine then when I turn the radio on it immediately seizes up and cannot be fixed until I turn the radio off.

Any ideas?

Try changing the radio it could be faulty or change the servo horn as it could be stripped or change the servo if you have a back up it’s really just going to be trial and error for troubleshooting like this.

Disconnect the servo horn and see if the servo operates correctly without it. Also check the servo and horn for spline damage.

It's not a servo horn issue. When the transmitter turns on the servo just yanks in one direction as far as it can and starts to heat up.

Your trim knobs on the radio didn’t get cranked to full left, did they? Check your radio steering settings.

Trim would be first guess next would be Gyro setting depending on Gyro type. Then might be bad gyro or transmitter. I would for now not think its the servo or receiver. Are we talking spektrum or after market?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back