Mojave Street Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acidsnow

I make cool stuff
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Talion
So, how many parts does it take before the spares ye have sat becomes a build in its own right?
_20210119_160618.JPG

Ooh! Nice wheels.
Build justified!
_20210120_130412.JPG

Ah reckon ah can make it work, gonnae be a long one tho cause broke!

I'm in.. now lets see how you get there..😉
If ah knew that Brian ah'd be there already! Making it up as ah go looks like the way forward!

So, fired the hoons on my main mojave, squished it down til the arms were flat and measured the track sizes. Compared these sizes with the body and concluded its gonnae be neat. Maybes too neat! No chance of sticking the body over the stock towers and going low so mocked it up proper!
_20210121_121844.JPG

Back to the old too much time on ma hands maybe but let's compare the two now.
_20210120_130412.JPG

_20210120_130504.JPG

Who said it wooden work? Put a few pics aboot here an there to check ah wasn't barking up the wrong tree. Ended up in a speed challenge with MFM, really must learn to keep the mouth shut, so it's definitely a project now!
Still thinking the wheels are borderline too wee tho. Done with the joinery stuff now, got spare mojave arms but no diffs to hang them off. Shopping time, funded by a root down the back of the couch!
_20210126_125947.JPG

No turning back noo!

Nice, the Mojave makes a great street basher.. I did the same thing with mine, lowered it front and rear and ran Hoons. Its a good on road car actually, it drifts real nice once you get used to it

I still think with it slammed and those fat wheels it looks sic..!!
@Acidsnow .. I've still not got those wheels yet, so your safe from me overtaking you..🤣🤣🤣

For now 😉
See that arm gesturing out the window Brian? That's me waving ye thru! This is gonnae take an age, no budget to speak of but ah do possess some good skills!

Picked up typhon front and rear ends complete, only need the diffs for now but spares! Those narrow track arms might become a 6s short wheelbase rally car at some point, maybes no! Fired on the mojave arms and hubs.
_20210126_134501.JPG

No diff shimming or fluid changes for now, get that sorted when ah know where this is going! Shocks would be handy at this point but all I have spare are way too long mojave ones.
_20210128_173057.JPG

Swapped them spare mojave shocks for some limitless ones, sorted. Was going to make my own towers thinking the lower shock mount on the mojave arms was wider than the typhon arms but turns out they're the same! Quick fone call got the limitless towers in the post with the shocks. Finally, it's a proper roller!
_20210128_150933.JPG

_20210209_122057.JPG

Body mounts next, knocked a couple up from kydex cause that's what was kickin aboot, too flexible but it'll let us see for now.
_20210209_122522.JPG

Infraction mount at the back and random 6s on the front. Right about now ah realised arrmas listed wheelbase and the actual wheelbase varied by 6mm or so. The lower it went the worse it seemed to get! So the arches'll need a wee bit of work then. Remade the rear mount in aluminium to stop the fore and aft movement, likely just leave the front in kydex for noo, it'll get tidied up mind!
_20210209_120246.JPG

_20210209_123327.JPG

An the bodys on, cannae believe ah've nae clips!
_20210209_123910.JPG

WOW..!!! it's looking awesome 😉😍

So let me get this right, it's a stock Mojave chassis, arms and hub carriers then Limitless/Infraction towers and shocks and finally the wide Hoons 🤔
And that last pic is the stance and width you ended up with..??

I've been trawling eBay and Jenny's all morning trying to work out a plan 🤣🤣 but I keep coming back to buying an EXB roller to cannibalise 🤣🤣
Everything is on hold at my end because I just can't decide and the fact that I've not even completed my original EXB yet..!!

If it all fits that well like in your pics I'm thinking I might sell my V1 Infraction to fund it 🤣

So it's a tyre shredder but not in the way ye'd expect, no yet anyway!
_20210205_205133.JPG

The front looks great sat where it is but leaves no steering without fouling the body, that's on an empty chassis tae. The rear again looks good static but the taper to the rear of the body will slice neatly thru the tyre. No handy at all! Tried adding spacers to the side rails on the mojave chassis, 7-8mm brought out some clearance but only at the rear.
_20210209_230014.JPG

On compression tho the tyre caught the inner arch before the chassis decked out. That's withoot taking into account any tyre expansion on the move either. Baws!
_20210209_230045.JPG

Could always add a bit negative camber but ah reckon it'd be an excessive amount an lets face it, these tyres are short lived enough! The spacers didnae help at all wi the front so marked it up for cutting.
_20210209_230121.JPG

Stopped for a bit an gave it a right good coat of lookin at, before ah chopped it for a change. Ye know what? See them spacers doon the side, they're too much. It's lookin way too much like a jellymold!
_20210209_120402.JPG

Thought aboot binning the idea at this point and gettin a typhon for road bashing, be easier but it's no like ah've nae spare time. When life deals ye lemons yer best swapping them for whisky! The whisky an this forum got me right back on track tho. Big cheers tae both Mr. Duke an Volasko who provided the measurements that got it aw sorted oot. Those typhon arms didn't stay spare for long, added to the kraton hubs from my mongrel build brought each corner inboard by 6-7mm perfect!
Can go a skosh lower too and don't need to butcher quite as much from the front arches. It'll even steer this time which is a bonus! In celebration a guy got a new helmet!
_20210209_234210.JPG

So aye, a shedload of fannyin aboot and all ah've ended up with is a slightly longer, slightly fatter infraction!
Suppose ah best start thinkin aboot powering it up somehow. Cheers!

_20210209_233323.JPG

Still looking awesome, still slammed and the Stig looks happy too 😉

So... it all works now with Typhon arms, Kraton hubs, Kraton axles, Limitless towers/shocks that means you've built the worlds longest truggyfied Typhon 🤣🤣🤣
This is good because I have most of those parts here already..!!

What power you putting in it..???

With your body mount setup are you able to use the stock holes in the body or did you cut new ones?
The mounts were positioned to use the stock holes, no extra holes required.

Still looking awesome, still slammed and the Stig looks happy too 😉

So... it all works now with Typhon arms, Kraton hubs, Kraton axles, Limitless towers/shocks that means you've built the worlds longest truggyfied Typhon 🤣🤣🤣
This is good because I have most of those parts here already..!!

What power you putting in it..???
Cheers Brian, aye that's the recipe, unless ye particularly like the jellymould look!

Nae idea what motor, maybes some tightly wound rubber bands for noo! Snows no gonnae let this run for a bit and skint noo so nae big cardboard boxes marked MOAR POWARR likely to appear anytime soon! No gettin too concerned with ride heights for now either, no much point until it gets up to running weight.

Got time tho so will chip away on the free mods and making stuff or 'aero package'! Even tho it has aw the aerodynamics of a breeze block!

Last edited:
Cheers for the tips Brian, they'll just have to go on the wish list for now tho, proper on the bones of my arse here! The really annoying bit is ah reckon ah could make those but can't get near ma workshop.
Keep the suggestions coming tho!

I still think with it slammed and those fat wheels it looks sic..!!
@Acidsnow .. I've still not got those wheels yet, so your safe from me overtaking you..🤣🤣🤣

For now 😉
I have the 53/107 Hoons. (Whites) I find them to be a very hard compound compared to White 42/100's.
Will probably drift all day long.;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back