Street sign skid plate + 3s/4s droop screw addition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neighborhater383ci

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Senton 3s
Found that a street signs width is just about the same width as the 3s/4s chassis, and so I decided to go on ahead and cut it down and use it for a skid plate/brace and it works out great for adding droop screws by drilling holes in arms and forcing a screw to cut threads, only issue is the arms flexing if you run super stiff springs but I have a fix for that too if someone asks I’ll make a post about that. Also modified a 1/7 scale diffuser for the rear end just cause why not lol

IMG_9237.jpeg

Found that a street signs width is just about the same width as the 3s/4s chassis, and so I decided to go on ahead and cut it down and use it for a skid plate/brace and it works out great for adding droop screws by drilling holes in arms and forcing a screw to cut threads, only issue is the arms flexing if you run super stiff springs but I have a fix for that too if someone asks I’ll make a post about that. Also modified a 1/7 scale diffuser for the rear end just cause why not lol

View attachment 366700

Great job of repurposing the metal! 👍

View attachment 366700

Nice work
For the arms flexing you might be able to do something like what the race brands do:

1715862924529.png

View attachment 366700
Now that's what you call custom platinum 😁👍

Now that's what you call custom platinum 😁👍

Now IF he can only find a Nice Long Open road name Platinum St to speedrun on..
Would make this the perfect Custom Combo!!💥👊

View attachment 366700
Is your name neighbor hater because your stealing all the street signs🤔🤣🤣🤣

Is your name neighbor hater because your stealing all the street signs🤔🤣🤣🤣
No lol although it would be fitting if that was the case it’s my trucks name

Nice work
For the arms flexing you might be able to do something like what the race brands do:

View attachment 366702
I ended up getting some aluminum arms to fix that( yeah yeah I know it’s not ideal for the chassis but it’s braced enough now+ have two extras) with the plastic arms I drilled a hole through the arm long ways and pressed 6s hinge pins through the arms opposite to the side the shocks mount

Attachments

• IMG_9242.jpeg
    IMG_9242.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9243.jpeg
    IMG_9243.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9238.jpeg
    IMG_9238.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9239.jpeg
    IMG_9239.jpeg