STX2 glitching out. DumboRC replacement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nineball

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
So... My Kraton started to randomly reverse at very low speed without stopping. Kind of embarrassing at the drag strip when you launch in the wrong direction. At first, I thought it was interference from the half dozen other infractions and limitless-es and their stock transmitters. Then it started happening a lot, everywhere. No idea what the problem is, but that transmitter seems like a liability to me.

Queue up the DumboRC tx/rx combo I had laying around. I set the throttle and steering endpoints, everything is groovy.

Now I want to figure out the gyro. The instructions say to click the bind button a few times and the light should turn purple. Did that. No purple light, but the gyro is on (?). The wheels react to the car moving. Try a launch, it spins out to the right. The instructions say there are two gyro modes (or that's what can best translate from the broken engrish). So I try the "other" gyro mode... same thing. At this point, I really have no idea what I'm doing. I know these transmitters are a popular budget upgrade, so I can't be the only one. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

There is a video on YouTube of a guy testing the DumboRC, different versions and modes, going through the configuration and the gyro setup. There are some with new version hardware and an older manual that has the wrong setup sequence. I’ll search later when I have time.

Have you calibrated the transmitter first and THEN done the ESC throttle calibration? If you haven’t done both and in that order, do it again. First the DumboRC X6 and then calibrate throttle end points on your ESC.

When set up and enabled the gyro can be tuned with the channel 5 and 6 knobs on the top of the transmitter.

How (orientation) and where is your receiver mounted, and is it theX6FG or just an X6F?

I managed to figure it out. I think one gyro mode is 4x4, the other 2wd. Either way, it works now. No more running over people at the race track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back