Talion shocks on a 3S rig *OR* Felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yas

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Has anybody tried using Talion F&R shocks on a 3S rig? The 3S rig in question is a Typhon 3S.

I know Typhon 6S shocks are the go to, but the Talion ones are in stock at a breaker and the Typhon 6S ones aren't and much more expensive anyway due to demand

I've checked for differences - the Talion springs will be a lot harder than Typhon 6S ones and the shocks are longer. I can change shock oils without a worry as undoubtedly they'd need it. I would like advice from someone who has already tried them!

Whilst on the subject... has anybody also tried these shocks on a Felony/Infraction/Limitless? If so, were the Talion shock towers and/or Talion arms required? The aim would be to raise the chassis a little and gain more suspension travel for a rally setup ✌️

Last edited:
no, try senton 6s , the outdated car shocks only
you will need RPM arms and better bearings also, rubber grease bearings, drop speed oil 2 drops in these also extra
remove the rubber sealing easy,
fill 2 drops rc pro bearing speed oil

enjoy smotther and more lasting rig after this, servos, diffs, drivelines, everthyng vill have orgasm of enjoy when youd drive whit this trick

good luck all

:)

i you do onroad speedrunning only, make shure you have ceramic high quality brand with speed oil in only

if you like drive onroad only, change the oil viscocity to 3000k, release the spring nut to all open, zero adjust level in all 4 dampers
1500 in front 3000k is better rear , this is ultimate racing set up onroad

SMC V2 100c+ lipos 8s Max6 4985 combo offroad, winter, some speed runs
6s 21-23t trucks
8s 24-25t trucks

6s limitless, felony, infraction Monster Max Castle Retro v2
2200kv 1515 motor sensor with extra cooling fan on it

go 8s and almost fly

TP Motor and Max monster max 8s or Max 5 esc is better and one 1650kw motor , at 6s
8s
1400 at 8s

perfect pinions and gear mesh also, use search function for this info

Last edited:
Has anybody tried using Talion F&R shocks on a 3S rig? The 3S rig in question is a Typhon 3S.

I know Typhon 6S shocks are the go to, but the Talion ones are in stock at a breaker and the Typhon 6S ones aren't and much more expensive anyway due to demand

I've checked for differences - the Talion springs will be a lot harder than Typhon 6S ones and the shocks are longer. I can change shock oils without a worry as undoubtedly they'd need it. I would like advice for someone who has already tried them!

Whilst on the subject... has anybody also tried these shocks on a Felony/Infraction/Limitless? If so, were the Talion shock towers and/or Talion arms required? The aim would be to raise the chassis a little and gain more suspension travel for a rally setup ✌️

I have Talion on my 4S outcast and kraton. I think I put the Typhon springs on them.

if you do this you need thick oil like 3000k
I left them stock, they seem fine but do kind “clunk”’on the ground when I jump the ramp. Do you think the oil is why it seems that way? They thud when they land.

no, try senton 6s , the outdated car shocks only
you will need RPM arms and better bearings also, rubber grease bearings, drop speed oil 2 drops in these also extra
remove the rubber sealing easy,
fill 2 drops rc pro bearing speed oil

enjoy smotther and more lasting rig after this, servos, diffs, drivelines, everthyng vill have orgasm of enjoy when youd drive whit this trick

good luck all

:)

i you do onroad speedrunning only, make shure you have ceramic high quality brand with speed oil in only

if you like drive onroad only, change the oil viscocity to 3000k, release the spring nut to all open, zero adjust level in all 4 dampers
1500 in front 3000k is better rear , this is ultimate racing set up onroad

SMC V2 100c+ lipos 8s Max6 4985 combo offroad, winter, some speed runs
6s 21-23t
8s 24-25t
Thanks for the tip on the Senton 6S shocks - I didn't think of those. They probably would be a perfect match, though unfortunately they aren't in stock anywhere!

I have Talion on my 4S outcast and kraton. I think I put the Typhon springs on them.
Oh you've tried them? Were the Talion springs too stiff? What was the reason you used Typhon springs instead?

Thanks for the tip on the Senton 6S shocks - I didn't think of those. They probably would be a perfect match, though unfortunately they aren't in stock anywhere!

Oh you've tried them? Were the Talion springs too stiff? What was the reason you used Typhon springs instead?
JonDilly1974 said to do it in a thread that was started when the 4S trucks had just come out. I believe he said the Typhon 6S ones would be too short for the 4S vehicles.

Back