Talion with 40 series trenchers. Do I need Kraton spiral diffs?

K29er

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
The 40 series trenchers are 6.8 inches tall. The Kraton has spiral differential gears I asume are stronger than the straight cut one the Talion comes with. Should I change them or run smaller tires?

BigSplit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Talion
I thought the kraton/talion had the same diffs? And the senton/typhon had spiral cut

BigSplit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Talion
Also, I ran the 40 series trenchers without problems on my Talion.I actually miss them, wish I never sold them.

IMAG0100.jpg

K29er

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
Good to hear you had no problems. I learned a long time ago to keep wheel track the same as stock for good handling so there are limited choices for Mt tires with 0 offset. I was also happy to see they didn't rub the body anywhere. Now I need to wait till warmer weather to see if it needs a lower pinion.

BigSplit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Talion
The only major functional differences between the kraton/talion are the slightly longer hexes and axles for a slightly wider stance in the kraton. So wheels with an offset won't make it handle much different then a kraton. The height of the 40series trenchers actually reduce handling a bit(it will want to roll more) compared to some of the lower profile mt tires but I still love em.

K29er

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
Even the 1/2 inch offset of the premounted badlands was a noticeable decrease in handling to me. I lowered the ride height back to almost stock so handling is like a regular truggy. It makes the stock springs more than long enough. Lower ride height also allows the droop screws to be set so the shocks don't over extend in a crash destroying there ends. Regular truggy handling with tires tall enough to roll over almost anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
danny504 WTB talion 6s Classifieds 7
danny504 Talion looking for a new talion 6s Arrma 6s BLX 1
Rcproponent Talion Swb Talion / chop body outcast “project midnight” RC Build Logs 18
Rcproponent Talion Anyone seen/tried a swb Talion 6s??? Arrma 6s BLX 1