Talking about my personal finances getting out of hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can afford a lot now but truly I have no time and energy. This juggling act will collapse at any moment. Family, wife, God should always come first. Who knows how this circus will end

In the end...
It's just You competing against Yourself.

I tend to do the same. In my life I've put myself various times including while we chat in the hole and have dug myself out of it. We are just little kids in an adult body. I've gotten things that as a kid I wanted but never had that's where we are. As one said I say the same wife complained of video games and my answer to her was would you prefer for me to play what calms down my work stress or would you like me to go hang at the bar with the fellows end of story no complaints now.

I tend to do the same. In my life I've put myself various times including while we chat in the hole and have dug myself out of it. We are just little kids in an adult body. I've gotten things that as a kid I wanted but never had that's where we are. As one said I say the same wife complained of video games and my answer to her was would you prefer for me to play what calms down my work stress or would you like me to go hang at the bar with the fellows end of story no complaints now.

That use to be my go-to after work stress relief also..
I was a bit crazy with the Ultra Violent FPS games..

That use to be my go-to after work stress relief also..
I was a bit crazy with the Ultra Violent FPS games..
This! 🤣 and 2-3 workout sessions are what keeps me sane. Check out Insurgency Sandstorm if you want to dive back in...it scratches that itch exactly.

This! 🤣 and 2-3 workout sessions are what keeps me sane. Check out Insurgency Sandstorm if you want to dive back in...it scratches that itch exactly.

Holy smokes! That game is 40GB in size...

Guess I've been out of the PC games for longer than I thought...

Awesome. I do RC stuff (limited now of course, moderation), a bit of fish tank stuff, and that's about it. I also spend a few minutes seeing where my $ is going, and that's about it. I don't do bars, or anything like that. It's been years since I've done something like that.

Awesome. I do RC stuff (limited now of course, moderation), a bit of fish tank stuff, and that's about it. I also spend a few minutes seeing where my $ is going, and that's about it. I don't do bars, or anything like that. It's been years since I've done something like that.

Please do tell..

Not proud of it, but I got my chapter 7 discharge recently. $72k out of my life. Please don't do what I did : buy so much crap on credit that I didn't need! I'm gonna need it since we got our car messed up by someone yesterday 😭
20231223_154648.jpg

I kind of stink at the $ thing. We tend to buy things we don't need. No cash problems, but I certainly spend more on this hobby. I did the fish tank thing. I had many fish in my time. I tried 50 neons, thought it would make the tank cool looking. ph went to crap all died here and there. We have well water. 🤷‍♂️ I picked this up in Japan. 55 gal. Looked nice with plans and sucker fish. Had a fish called Oscar.Had him for About 3 1/2 years. He grew from 1/2 inch to 8 inches. 🇯🇵
20231224_154117_resized.jpg
20231224_154132_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I kind of stink at the $ thing. We tend to buy things we don't need. No cash problems, but I certainly spend more on this hobby. I did the fish tank thing. I had many fish in my time. I tried 50 neons, thought it would make the tank cool looking. ph went to crap all died here and there. We have well water. 🤷‍♂️ I picked this up in Japan. View attachment 338774View attachment 338775

I keep freshwater guppies and shrimps..
They reproduce on their own.
The shrimps cleans up the fish poop..

Hands off maintenance.

IMG_20231224_153401388_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231224_153408067_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231224_152122812_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231224_152455474.jpg

IMG_20231224_152517656.jpg

Always something swimming around to stare at.

Oh and some betas too.

IMG_20231224_152400504_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231224_152157166_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231224_152150387_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231224_151852347_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231224_151940314.jpg

Less worries, Less stress.. More enjoyment.

I kind of stink at the $ thing. We tend to buy things we don't need. No cash problems, but I certainly spend more on this hobby. I did the fish tank thing. I had many fish in my time. I tried 50 neons, thought it would make the tank cool looking. ph went to crap all died here and there. We have well water. 🤷‍♂️ I picked this up in Japan. 55 gal. Looked nice with plans and sucker fish. Had a fish called Oscar.Had him for About 3 1/2 years. He grew from 1/2 inch to 8 inches. 🇯🇵View attachment 338774View attachment 338775
I love Neons! If I had an aquarium that's what I would fill it with. :)

Neons are so cool. I like betas, glass fish, oscars, even had a large piranha, in Japan. I forgot one of the best, Angle fish are cool., get them in pairs. They are like love doves. :cool:

Last edited:
Interesting thread. So my problem is that I'll buy parts to fix rig and then in the process of fixing that thing I'll find 2 or 3 more things. Well gotta buy those parts now so that I can get this thing back to bashing. So when my intent was to spend $20 (or whatever $) to fix one thing and be able to feel ok about it......now I'm $75-$100 in and feel like crap about it. Believe this has happened every damn time lol.

Interesting thread. So my problem is that I'll buy parts to fix rig and then in the process of fixing that thing I'll find 2 or 3 more things. Well gotta buy those parts now so that I can get this thing back to bashing. So when my intent was to spend $20 (or whatever $) to fix one thing and be able to feel ok about it......now I'm $75-$100 in and feel like crap about it. Believe this has happened every damn time lol.
There is a reason all the eggs, milk and bread are in the back of the store. They want you to have to walk by all the other things they sell to get to the staples. There is a reason that all the candy is at kid eye level at check out.

It's called retail. They know humans lack self-control, it's a giant SHAM on humanity!

There is a reason all the eggs, milk and bread are in the back of the store. They want you to have to walk by all the other things they sell to get to the staples. There is a reason that all the candy is at kid eye level at check out.

It's called retail. They know humans lack self-control, it's a giant SHAM on humanity!
I think the reason is based on common sense. Bread and eggs are delicate, hence last to go in the buggy. Milk and butter ? perishable. Also delicate. When I need those items only, I just start at the other end of the store. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back