Talking about my personal finances getting out of hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I see that I've posted a lot about my personal finances in several different posts. Different areas. Am I getting out of hand? Annoying? Please be honest. Let me know so that I can stop 😅. I'm OCD about things. I share my stuff because I don't want to others to do the 'mistakes I've done. Please answer even if it's negative. I'm curious 😂😅. If you could please share your finances too here? You don't have to be specific. I'm very curious. If you can. Hehe.

I’m not exactly a beacon of good financial advice lol. I haven’t gone into debt over this hobby, but I’m not building a savings either. My advice to anyone is this: money comes and goes. The important things in life are people and memories. I’m not interested in saving a bunch of money to rot in a bank. So I have 42 RC’s in an apartment. Be happy, people!! Take vacations, bash RC’s, but most of all, spend quality time with your family. Don’t ever take them for granted, and assume things will always be the same, because in the blink of an eye, you can lose the most important part of your life, and you’ll spend the rest of your life wondering what you could have done different.

So do yourself a favor. Enjoy life now, because the future isn’t certain. I’ve never seen a hearse pulling a U haul trailer…

Its all good.
Because of you, I now have spent close to Zero $$ on RC stuff lately. Because I feel the pain in Your wallet.;)
RC Purchases are Luxuries. We all don't have the disposable income for it all the time.
In spurts I tend to buy at times. When $$ is burning a hole in my pockets. Which unfortunatley has become a rare thing these days.
You are not alone. :giggle:

Instead of punching a coworker, slapping my wife or abusing my kids, I just bang an RC into a ramp at 60. It's a roller coaster of opportunity. You can always fix it if things don't go as planned, beats mentally or physically hurting someone else and especially jail time. Maybe the rest of you don't have built up frustration and just enjoy the nature of it, that's the joy of this hobby bringing groups together with insignificant reason.

I always come back to the fact that this addiction is not heroin or another synthetic drug that the rest of world seems to heavily rely upon. One thing most of us can agree on is that Traxxas Sucks

I see that I've posted a lot about my personal finances in several different posts. Different areas. Am I getting out of hand? Annoying? Please be honest. Let me know so that I can stop 😅. I'm OCD about things. I share my stuff because I don't want to others to do the 'mistakes I've done. Please answer even if it's negative. I'm curious 😂😅. If you could please share your finances too here? You don't have to be specific. I'm very curious. If you can. Hehe.
I do ok with money. With that said .I have many hobbies, We own 2 homes, about 2.0 hrs away. So I get it. I found the hobby , RC thing to be kind of demanding, money wise.Maybe use OCD, in your advantage. Just tell yourself how can I do it. 👍 . How can I make my $ work for me, Not against me. Hope this helps. I have panic attacks. So I get it . A Vet, for you. If you need one.👍🇺🇲🇺🇲.Hope I helped you. Pm me if you need too.

Last edited:
I’m not exactly a beacon of good financial advice lol. I haven’t gone into debt over this hobby, but I’m not building a savings either. My advice to anyone is this: money comes and goes. The important things in life are people and memories. I’m not interested in saving a bunch of money to rot in a bank. So I have 42 RC’s in an apartment. Be happy, people!! Take vacations, bash RC’s, but most of all, spend quality time with your family. Don’t ever take them for granted, and assume things will always be the same, because in the blink of an eye, you can lose the most important part of your life, and you’ll spend the rest of your life wondering what you could have done different.

So do yourself a favor. Enjoy life now, because the future isn’t certain. I’ve never seen a hearse pulling a U haul trailer…
I’m thinking of where 42 remotes are stashed😂🤙. But I’ll cheers to th advice brotha 👌. I hate the saying “Life is short” ,No actually living life is the longest thing you will ever do and I’m with ya enjoy life ,fun,family,money,RCs and always try to do things with integrity.👌🤙
AF is like RC anonymous.

"Hi, my name is SRC and I have an RC'ing Problem".:LOL:
It’s where we go to talk about the things we told our wives we didn’t buy😂

I'm actually not even bragging. I just about my personal finance journey after almost 30 years in the workforce and how I could have managed my income better 👍

For every $1000 invested in Amazon 20 years ago is worth about 70K, can you imagine!!!

I know a dog groomer that makes 380K a year, does 5 dogs a day and works 4 days a week. 1/3 of it is cash tips. I just said to a colleague today, where did I go wrong lol. I think everyone on this planet reflects back on life asking the same question.

This hobby can be a sickness, if one allows it to be. Any hobby can be expensive. I'm in aviation and make a good salary. But spending can easily get out of hand... and fast.

As hobbies, I have RC (9 to date, plus parts I bought over a year ago that I mostly forgot that I had purchased), firearms (in double-digits), and two 3D printers (70+ rolls of filament and spare parts on hand "just in case"). I don't hide anything from my lady. Actually, whenever I'm thinking of buying a new firearm, she encourages me (gotta love these American women).

Sorry if this sounds like I'm bragging. I'm not. I'm forever grateful is what I am.

For every $1000 invested in Amazon 20 years ago is worth about 70K, can you imagine!!!

I know a dog groomer that makes 380K a year, does 5 dogs a day and works 4 days a week. 1/3 of it is cash tips. I just said to a colleague today, where did I go wrong lol. I think everyone on this planet reflects back on life asking the same question.
Grooming is quite alot of work. 5 dogs is actually a long day. They get like $300.+ each here in NYC to groom a dog now. I can see how you can become a millionaire doing that, if you do the math. They charge more for Cats sometimes. Depending how frisky the cat is. Nails and all. Proper grooming includes cleaning out the Rectum. Like with horses. Not all groomers do that. And a Vet charges like $150. alone to clean a dogs rectum.
Heck a mexican food cart here on the streets with no Food license is making 1K a day easily. All cash.
If we all didn't pay the high US taxes, most of us middle class folk would be millionaires already.

Grooming is quite alot of work. 5 dogs is actually a long day. They get like $300.+ each here in NYC to groom a dog now. I can see how you can become a millionaire doing that, if you do the math. They charge more for Cats sometimes. Depending how frisky the cat is. Nails and all. Proper grooming includes cleaning out the Rectum. Like with horses. Not all groomers do that. And a Vet charges like $150. alone to clean a dogs rectum.
Heck a mexican food cart here on the streets with no Food license is making 1K a day easily. All cash.
If we all didn't pay the high US taxes, most of us middle class folk would be millionaires already.
I'm coming to new york with a hot dog van :)

You got a line of Illegals here to get behind. We are running out of corners on the streets to set up your van. Literally.
TBH, I can't even find a Hot Dog stand here anymore. I drove around for an hour having a hankering for some dirty water dogs with everything on them. . None around. I couldn't believe it. :unsure:All Taco stands. Not joking. I live here in little Greece, here in Astoria, and even the Souvlaki carts are slowly disappearing.
"Halal" vans are also big here. A Chicken Swarma with Egyptian Rice plate is like $11.00 now. What I usually get. Or I go to Mama's Empanatha. for my Cuban and Hawaian Empanatha's $2.90 each. 3 will fill you up. Still its about a $10.00 or so to get a decent meal at minimum on the street. Taxes here are about 9% in NYC. We are getting crushed. Legit Taxed Cigs are $17.50 a pack. Bootleg Georgia State cigs just went up to $12.00/pack.
It's cheaper to smoke Bud.:giggle: And that is all you smell for blocks and blocks here. Just Weed. Walk out my house smell it. It comes into my house and all. NYC is one big Pot party. I landed in NYC at Laguardia Airport, and once I left the gate, I smelled weed inside the airport.:LOL: Its everywhere. People on the street smoking weed like cigs back in the 70's. What a culture shock..

Edited

Last edited:
You got a line of Illegals here to get behind. We are running out of corners on the streets to set up your van. Literally.
TBH, I can't even find a Hot Dog stand here anymore. I drove around for an hour having a hankering for some dirty water dogs with everything on them. . None around. I couldn't believe it. :unsure:All Taco stands. Not joking. I live here in little Greece, here in Astoria, and even the Souvlaki carts are slowly disappearing.
"Halal" vans are also big here. A Chicken Swarma with Egyptian Rice plate is like $11.00 now. What I usually get. Or I go to Mama's Empanatha. for my Cuban and Hawaian Empanatha's $2.90 each. 3 will fill you up. Still its about a $10.00 or so to get a decent meal at minimum on the street. Taxes here are about 9% in NYC. We are getting crushed. Legit Taxed Cigs are $17.50 a pack. Bootleg Georgia State cigs just went up to $12.00/pack.
It's cheaper to smoke Bud.:giggle: And that is all you smell for blocks and blocks here. Just Weed. Walk out my house smell it. It comes into my house and all. NYC is one big Pot party. I landed in NYC at Laguardia Airport, and once I left the gate, I smelled weed inside the airport.:LOL: Its everywhere. People on the street smoking weed like cigs back in the 70's. What a culture shock..

Edited
sod it I will stay here sounds terrible :oops: never been to the states will get there one day

Its all good.
Because of you, I now have spent close to Zero $$ on RC stuff lately. Because I feel the pain in Your wallet.;)
RC Purchases are Luxuries. We all don't have the disposable income for it all the time.
In spurts I tend to buy at times. When $$ is burning a hole in my pockets. Which unfortunatley has become a rare thing these days.
You are not alone. :giggle:
I've spent $0 so far this month in RC stuff. And the stuff I have broken this month I replaced them with parts that I had bought a long time ago 👍
I do ok with money. With that said .I have many hobbies, We own 2 homes, about 2.0 hrs away. So I get it. I found the hobby , RC thing to be kind of demanding, money wise.Maybe use OCD, in your advantage. Just tell yourself how can I do it. 👍 . How can I make my $ work for me, Not against me. Hope this helps. I have panic attacks. So I get it . A Vet, for you. If you need one.👍🇺🇲🇺🇲.Hope I helped you. Pm me if you need too.
No worries. Thanks. I'm doing MUCH BETTER now this year so far. I've actually managed to save a lot more money and invested some of it too 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back