Team corally 2022 XTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that I changed on the 2021 version that I haven't seen addressed is the tires. They seemed to not handle the power that well so i put on some 6s backflips I had around and haven't looked back. Wondering if the 2022 will be the same?!

One thing missing from the TC 6S range is a Mojave competitor... wondering if they will do something like that... What would be the Arrma similar name that their misguided marketing group will call it? Mojo-ve?
Hurricane

One thing that I changed on the 2021 version that I haven't seen addressed is the tires. They seemed to not handle the power that well so i put on some 6s backflips I had around and haven't looked back. Wondering if the 2022 will be the same?!

One thing missing from the TC 6S range is a Mojave competitor... wondering if they will do something like that... What would be the Arrma similar name that their misguided marketing group will call it? Mojo-ve?
Hurricane
Would be interesting what it would look like

Hurricane
Yup, if TC releases a 1/7 or 1/8 ’Mojave’ or Sand/Desert/Dune buggy using their 6s parts it’s an instant buy for me.
That is if it looks at least decent to good, so not like their current ‘Toys ‘r Us‘ looking Moxoo, Triton and Mammoth.
Thay usually toss up the Arrma’s letters, so a Mojave competitor could be called Javemo.🤣

EDIT: ohh TC I don’t need guns and guys dressed like they wear leather in my car. You can offer it as tuning parts though🤣

Last edited:
TC is killing it value wise.. like Arrma before HH got their sausage fingers into the pie.
For the record, I still like my Arrmas, and will continue to buy them. Just saying they aren't the value they were. It's economics 101 no doubt.
yes my friend ,Im sure things would have been different if Arrma called the shots. Team Corally are serious though, true improvements but I am still happy with the 6s line and grateful Horizon Hobby helped keep Arrma and co afloat.

Picked up the TC Kronos XTR that I had my LHS order. It scared me at first that the picture on the box didn’t have the tower to tower brace. Looking closer (and opening it to look too) it had the right part number and there was a sticker with information about the new updates. Looks like they are using the 2021 boxes and just adding decals with the updated part numbers and details about the upgrades from 2021. Should be fun!
Hurricane

wonder what the 7075 is like on these hope its not like the exb chassis

Picked up the TC Kronos XTR that I had my LHS order. It scared me at first that the picture on the box didn’t have the tower to tower brace. Looking closer (and opening it to look too) it had the right part number and there was a sticker with information about the new updates. Looks like they are using the 2021 boxes and just adding decals with the updated part numbers and details about the upgrades from 2021. Should be fun!
Hurricane
Sweet! Congrats👍 Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.
yes my friend ,Im sure things would have been different if Arrma called the shots. Team Corally are serious though, true improvements but I am still happy with the 6s line and grateful Horizon Hobby helped keep Arrma and co afloat.
Yeah, Arrma definitely got a boost with distribution at the least, which is good. I do wonder what could have been though.. if Arrma wasn't controlled by HH? I wonder how TC is offering so much more value(IMO) ? I like my Arrmas they are the premier basher still, but TC seems hungry for a share, which is great for us end users.

I guess better late than never parts and rig showed up Monday

2EBD660F-81DD-4E2B-B89F-A46B44374B4A.jpeg

426D85C1-7EF7-41F1-8C5E-AB1F68E7E506.jpeg

2117B71C-62F0-4140-A39D-3495800B35B8.jpeg

10650C35-CF00-46C5-BEB3-A33AE3C1D3E3.jpeg

9C1C0D2F-1F21-4D64-8A93-075F27437AC7.jpeg

84EEA1F6-C502-49DD-8D0B-C00D89BBD202.jpeg

48A67770-CD1F-40CB-AAFE-0C1B15B78FA3.jpeg

3B6CD00A-6EC4-4522-A569-0F4E2FB278FF.jpeg

1C39B0C3-B90E-4991-B71E-26FCBB279964.jpeg

5965233B-BB97-4368-9AE0-4F3674B96E4E.jpeg

B2D153BC-9C08-48AC-9423-59B0796D8FE7.jpeg

5C1E55B3-4091-4795-82B1-DDCC0C10ED2A.jpeg

Look at you guys with ur new toys!! I'm jealous, as I don't have anything that's not at least a month old☹.. JK😁 Congratulations man👍 These TC's are getting better and better 🤘

Sweet! Congrats👍 Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Yeah, Arrma definitely got a boost with distribution at the least, which is good. I do wonder what could have been though.. if Arrma wasn't controlled by HH? I wonder how TC is offering so much more value(IMO) ? I like my Arrmas they are the premier basher still, but TC seems hungry for a share, which is great for us end users.
you said it perfectly. TC seems to be gaining some serious and credible momentum.

I truly think what is going to separate Arrma and Corally is distribution, in the UK I think Corally will eventually overtake Arrma due to more stock availability over Arrma.!! ( we don't have a HH in the UK, Europe is supplied by Germany HH )
I'm so sick of Arrma spares not being in stock and you can't keep blaming covid etc as it's been two years now.!! But yet they can release new rigs like the new gimp mobile (Fireteam) I know of people who are still having trouble getting spares for the Typhon TLR and that was launched ages ago 😩

Sorry @3d-rc.myshopify.com I went off on a rant 🤣🤣🤣 hope you enjoy the XTR in all it's awesomeness and can't wait to see what you do with it..!!👍🏼

I truly think what is going to separate Arrma and Corally is distribution, in the UK I think Corally will eventually overtake Arrma due to more stock availability over Arrma.!! ( we don't have a HH in the UK, Europe is supplied by Germany HH )
I'm so sick of Arrma spares not being in stock and you can't keep blaming covid etc as it's been two years now.!! But yet they can release new rigs like the new gimp mobile (Fireteam) I know of people who are still having trouble getting spares for the Typhon TLR and that was launched ages ago 😩

Sorry @3d-rc.myshopify.com I went off on a rant 🤣🤣🤣 hope you enjoy the XTR in all it's awesomeness and can't wait to see what you do with it..!!👍🏼
You are all good man lol I deafly understand where you’re coming from and feel very much the same way

Maybe I just hadn't noticed before but the Corally is the only truck I have gotten with the overspray film still intact when shipped. (probably is a good protector.) Do other brands do that? My Arrma's and Xmaxx haven't had that and I got the Losi DBXLE 2.0 used so I am not sure if it came that way?

I was thinking that if i left the XTR out at my LHS for a week or so that they would probably sell some. Not sure if they are really looking to carry parts for another brand but I think that the value is there...

One disappointment is that they didn't include the same foam filler for the center support, to support the body, like they did in the Sketer. I made one for the V1 and when it came off you could really tell the difference in support and sound of the body when bashing. I'm going to see if I can't come up with something for that...
Hurricane

Well I got mine put together and will test it tomorrow. (besides scaring the cats inside) My notes from putting it together...

- Disappointed that they didn't include the foam to reach the body like they did on the Sketer. Ordered the foam part... C-00180-834 hopefully it fits or that I can make it fit. It was a problem in the V1 too.
- The screw for the ESC plate from the chassis was missing/not installed.
- As noted in RCP's unboxing video, the hexes don't have any serrations, just smooth on both sides. Swapped that out for serrated nuts.
- The tires feel the same as the old ones that were a bit soft for the power of the normal TC ESC/Motor on 6S. Will try them out but have some other tires incase they are looking to blow out. (probably fine for 4S)
- The antenna tube doesn't have a way to retain it. Hopefully my hot glue fix doesn't look to getto.
- This time the Torox 185 from Jenny's didn't have the cap pack installed. So I had to install that myself. Maybe a change in the kits?
- The receiver box is a little on the small side. I put some thick (3/16th") servo tape to give it padding from jumps only to find that I couldn't get the lid to close. (and that is with the smaller of my receiver options.) I had to change to very thin servo tape.
- The ESC wire routing to the receiver just barely makes it. Under the battery tray, under the servo to the receiver box. Maybe 1/2" to spare... Also a pain to install/remove but it should be VERY protected.
- While I really like the ESC power switch holder, it can't be adjusted/rotated while the switch is installed. I have it slightly loose so I can rotate it as needed. It's only 2 screws so it's not that bad but I like to being able to move easier since I am not sure where I will need clearance.
- I repositioned the GPS holder but might put it back closer to the center part if I can get some clearance on my attachment of the single battery loop. I did check to see if the GPS holder and ESC power buttons holders might fit Arrma 6S trucks but the center brace is larger on the TC. 12MM vs 10MM but it will fit the 8S line as my K8S EXB has 12MM bars.
- Seems to have a tighter turning radius than most my 6S Arrma's judging on how it runs from my kitchen, turning down the hallway.
- Didn't find any loose nuts on the nut check.
- Per the user manual, the diffs are set at their recommended setting for bashing but the Shocks are a little soft (only 50cst off) but I am going to run it as is to see what it is like. It already has stiffer springs than the V1. I really like how plush the V1 shocks are. Side note... In fact I wonder if they wouldn't be a nice/affordable upgrade for the Arrma 3S line using the Python shocks but I can't tell how long they are. Since Demand for the 6s Typhon shocks have driven those prices up. I bought the Mojave front and Kraton front shocks for my Big Rock. Maybe I will try a set on the Senton if it comes off Street duty.
- Note that the body has the overspray layer still on. I bought my V1 used and they had put the window decals and such over it, so I had to take it off and try to reuse them as best as I could. The good news was that it protected the body from some rash when he flipped it on the first run. I'll probably use V1 body for tomorrow's first test bash as I have other trucks that could use some attention.

Hopefully this helps someone...
Hurricane

V1 one top, V2 bottom
08E112CC-EDFC-4510-A904-1A9116DCE532_1_105_c.jpeg
91E34396-367F-45D7-9BC0-6B0E515AB660_1_105_c.jpeg

Well I got mine put together and will test it tomorrow. (besides scaring the cats inside) My notes from putting it together...

- Disappointed that they didn't include the foam to reach the body like they did on the Sketer. Ordered the foam part... C-00180-834 hopefully it fits or that I can make it fit. It was a problem in the V1 too.
- The screw for the ESC plate from the chassis was missing/not installed.
- As noted in RCP's unboxing video, the hexes don't have any serrations, just smooth on both sides. Swapped that out for serrated nuts.
- The tires feel the same as the old ones that were a bit soft for the power of the normal TC ESC/Motor on 6S. Will try them out but have some other tires incase they are looking to blow out. (probably fine for 4S)
- The antenna tube doesn't have a way to retain it. Hopefully my hot glue fix doesn't look to getto.
- This time the Torox 185 from Jenny's didn't have the cap pack installed. So I had to install that myself. Maybe a change in the kits?
- The receiver box is a little on the small side. I put some thick (3/16th") servo tape to give it padding from jumps only to find that I couldn't get the lid to close. (and that is with the smaller of my receiver options.) I had to change to very thin servo tape.
- The ESC wire routing to the receiver just barely makes it. Under the battery tray, under the servo to the receiver box. Maybe 1/2" to spare... Also a pain to install/remove but it should be VERY protected.
- While I really like the ESC power switch holder, it can't be adjusted/rotated while the switch is installed. I have it slightly loose so I can rotate it as needed. It's only 2 screws so it's not that bad but I like to being able to move easier since I am not sure where I will need clearance.
- I repositioned the GPS holder but might put it back closer to the center part if I can get some clearance on my attachment of the single battery loop. I did check to see if the GPS holder and ESC power buttons holders might fit Arrma 6S trucks but the center brace is larger on the TC. 12MM vs 10MM but it will fit the 8S line as my K8S EXB has 12MM bars.
- Seems to have a tighter turning radius than most my 6S Arrma's judging on how it runs from my kitchen, turning down the hallway.
- Didn't find any loose nuts on the nut check.
- Per the user manual, the diffs are set at their recommended setting for bashing but the Shocks are a little soft (only 50cst off) but I am going to run it as is to see what it is like. It already has stiffer springs than the V1. I really like how plush the V1 shocks are. Side note... In fact I wonder if they wouldn't be a nice/affordable upgrade for the Arrma 3S line using the Python shocks but I can't tell how long they are. Since Demand for the 6s Typhon shocks have driven those prices up. I bought the Mojave front and Kraton front shocks for my Big Rock. Maybe I will try a set on the Senton if it comes off Street duty.
- Note that the body has the overspray layer still on. I bought my V1 used and they had put the window decals and such over it, so I had to take it off and try to reuse them as best as I could. The good news was that it protected the body from some rash when he flipped it on the first run. I'll probably use V1 body for tomorrow's first test bash as I have other trucks that could use some attention.

Hopefully this helps someone...
Hurricane

V1 one top, V2 bottom
View attachment 198162View attachment 198163
I am also missing that esc screw lol. How fun was running that esc wire lol I had to add a jumper to make it reach with my XR8 esc. Was about 4 inches short. I am currently in the middle of soldering everything up right now. I will post pics when done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back