Kraton Team Durango compatibility?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nino

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Since there's a bunch of leftover Durango DNX/DEX parts around, often on sale, at least in Europe... do we have a cross-compatibility thread somewhere? Wonder what's changed between the Durango and Kraton/Talion, what would work and what wouldnt.

e. g. I found center diff and center CVDs, cheaper than Arrma.

Center diff fits. Center CVD from the DNX8 can fit with some fiddling, I think. As I understand it, the Nitro version is closer to the Arrma than the Electric version. Neither is exact, though. Nitro chassis does not work. Also, I think the rear shock tower fits, but not the front. All suspension is the same.

For a while Banggood had the DNX8 kits for like $200. I had a thread here, and on FB. There was a guy that was on the Durango design side at Arrma, he said "Not Much" would work on my Typhon other than the diffs and suspension. Chassis would only work with a lot of drilling.

Edit - found my thread here, and I had Fabian's quote from FB -
"Jerry Gwosdz I don't think it's worth it. The centre driveshafts are not the correct length, for the typhon you'll need the front one from the DNX8 and the front one from the DEX8. The chassis I don't think can be used either. Shocks are different lengths and you wouldn't be able to use the standoffs from the V3/V4. Rear tower is weak (I didn't have a chance to fix that issue). I'm building a Typhon for racing using as many TD parts as I could. I'll post pictures when she's ready."

I don't think he ever posted the pics of his Typhon. :( At least not that I saw.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/team-durango-dnx8-kit-for-206.11447/

Thanks guys.
Basically, not worth ordering random stuff just to see if it fits. I'll get some diff cups and maybe some hinge pin mounts, they should fit.

Iirc the TD buggy shocks can work on the Typhon, I swear I've seen pictures of someone running them.

I think I saw someone on here have 2 typhons he built using a lot of Td parts. The chassis is really nice as it is 7075 al. And has cut out areas. Much stronger and a little lighter than the typhon. Center dif and motor mount area needs to be modded some how for it to work. The f/r bottom suspension mount holes need to be added. Steering posts area is different as well. I decided it wasn’t worth it even though the chassis can be found for 35$.

I think I saw someone on here have 2 typhons he built using a lot of Td parts. The chassis is really nice as it is 7075 al. And has cut out areas. Much stronger and a little lighter than the typhon. Center dif and motor mount area needs to be modded some how for it to work. The f/r bottom suspension mount holes need to be added. Steering posts area is different as well. I decided it wasn’t worth it even though the chassis can be found for 35$.
I think we are thinking of the same guy.

Anybody who can tell me if this fits..?

TD320274 - wing mount

Team Durango Wing Mount Set TD320274.jpg

Has a 3rd crossbar.. But looks the same..

This is what RPM tells me about their wing mount..
Replaces the Arrma and TD wing mount.. But why is this RPM one not compatible with v3 and v4 Typhon? As its a replacement to the AR320347 i use on it..?

Screenshot_20200622-192502.png

The V1 wing mount was the same as the TD wing mount - it had three crossbars. About the second time you land on the wing, it will break at the third crossbar...

Did I post that the DEX8 rear shock tower works on a Kraton/Noto v3? Shock mounts are a bit higher up, so ride height will be lower (and with very little droop). Longer shock ends would compensate for that. Anyway, plenty of bad landings and still straight as an arrow. Good stuff.

@OgeyTheTerrible, RC Race Shop and Modellbau Bochum had some leftover TD parts on sale. Both from Germany.

@nino

Thanks for the reply, but they don't carry the arms I'm looking for (330380-1 & 330380-2).
DESC210 parts seem to be slim pickings, I can find more parts for my Team Associated RC10B2 and that was discontinued in the 90s. I would scour the interwebs and see if you can find a roller for sale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back