Kraton Team corally kagama just dropped

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly seems that way.
+1
Their Entry level 4x4 stuff unscrupulously $sucks$ you in. IMHO. Not knocking anyone who has just that one for their very first RC. Just, the 6s line is the very next logical move up.
And TBH, many newbs will get broke in the process, thinking they got a deal. A turn off for some newbs, that will let the hobby go quickly . That entry level stuff just appears to be a quick HH money Grab.
Probably more obvious to those with Arrma stuff over the years. Myself included.

I always felt my Zeee's ran hottest anyway. Even on a good day.:giggle:
Yeah XT90's all the way. Or even EC5's...if you have something against Legit Amass XT's.:unsure:
No one goes out of their way to run TRX connectors, the new ones or not. Such a lame connector design.
I guess if you are already into the whole TRX ECO setup, well.....stuck with them.

When they offer lipos as a bonus, they are just teasers to get you all in. Just that they are usually really budget stuff. With a 15C rating if that.
But let us know what you think.(y)

I've actually heard good things about Vant batteries. Much better things than Hoovoo, Zee, Zop or whatever random brand they are selling on Amazn these days.
The "bonus" batteries with the trx connector does come with xt90 adapters as shown in my pic but is this not ok to run like that?

Can I just try one of the 3s batteries at first? The esc paperwork says it can go down to 2s but I'm not sure if one of these free batteries could run it and then if using the adapter is bad in itself.
No, you can definitely use them to get you started by all means. Just that in general, adapters are meant for charging, not running. Charging is low amperage, running the vehicle draws much more current where adapters can become a liability. They can be a real pain to use as they create more to deal with in terms of cable management, resistance and so on. I wouldn't use them long term, change out the TRX connectors to XT90'S would be my recommendation.

I would advise against using them, seen way too many people melt them over the years to ever trust them.

One thing I've noticed so far one of the out drive cups looks way rougher than the others. It appears like it didn't break away from the mold correctly and has extra material/metal. I can chip a few little pieces off with my finger nails but most of it is on there good. Nbd it'll all get broken off during bashing I assume.

20240120_094659.jpg

20240120_094639.jpg

One thing I've noticed so far one of the out drive cups looks way rougher than the others. It appears like it didn't break away from the mold correctly and has extra material/metal. I can chip a few little pieces off with my finger nails but most of it is on there good. Nbd it'll all get broken off during bashing I assume.

View attachment 343538

View attachment 343539
I think it's just burrs left over from the machining process. Could be exaggerated to some extent by the coating applied to the parts after machining.
FWIW, I have found the TC swiss spring steel cups to be really strong and wear resistant compared to anything Arrma or TRX are using. Not saying the Arrma or TRX aren't good, but the TC spring steel parts do seem to last longer for me. A big improvement over the XP drive parts that TC used on the first and second gen rtr models. That stuff was like cheese, LOL.

Aside from arriving with a broken controller, it only took two days from order to delivery via UPS. The batteries are coming via slower USPS. I was surprised because the shipping was free so I expected the cheapest shipping option and a week wait.

I went ahead and bought a dumborc ddf-350 with the digital screen and ten channel rx with gyro from China to replace the factory tx/rx. TC is shipping out a replacement controller (from a location in Pennsylvania) so the wait for the AliExpress dumborc won't be too bad.
I'm wondering if this vague sketchy email is from Chicagoland. I normally would have deleted it thinking it was Spam. There was no subject. No hyperlink or attached file that was of concern. When I typed in the UPS tracking number it doesn't say a company but does show the right destination city.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I'll be doing videos on this car, I'm really curious on the changes and how it drives compares to the Kronos XTR.

I'm wondering if this vague sketchy email is from Chicagoland. I normally would have deleted it thinking it was Spam. There was no subject. No hyperlink or attached file that was of concern. When I typed in the UPS tracking number it doesn't say a company but does show the right destination city.
View attachment 343904
Yes this is how my kagama was shipped. The USPS is for the lipos.

I would delete that screenshot personally just because it shows the guys full name but yep that's how mine was shipped. I replied to it when I asked about the broken controller and he said to call hobby rec who shipped out a new one.

I got to try it today just on one of the 3s lipos and it's pretty quick just on that. I can't get it fully running because my yard is all ice and snow and I don't want to turn it into an ice cube the first run lol

Last edited:
I'll be doing videos on this car, I'm really curious on the changes and how it drives compares to the Kronos XTR.
Looking forward to it. I'm not going to lie, I searched your YouTube page before I pulled the trigger but apparently the deal was burning a hold in my pocket and I couldn't wait. HA!

Looking forward to it. I'm not going to lie, I searched your YouTube page before I pulled the trigger but apparently the deal was burning a hold in my pocket and I couldn't wait. HA!

Thanks, things got a little sidetracked the last year, but I think everything is lined up again. This is one I've been wanting to try for a long time.

My Kagama arrived yesterday but I didn't have a chance to get my hands on it until after work today. I went with green as it's my sons favorite color and the color of his Traxxas Hoss.

One positive and one negative comment based on my first impressions from just looking it over.

Positive...I think its a beauty that seems very high quality and beefy. I've been running an Outcast 4s with the plastic chassis, so maybe it's just it's overall size and aluminum bits and pieces. HA.

Negative...what the heck? There's no way to lock down the antenna tube whether it's via tension or better yet a set screw? I don't think I should have to use a glue to hold the antenna tube on a new $600 machine.

PXL_20240126_020640334.jpg

PXL_20240126_021137978.jpg

Negative...what the heck? There's no way to lock down the antenna tube whether it's via tension or better yet a set screw? I don't think I should have to use a glue to hold the antenna tube on a new $600 machine.

View attachment 344717

I just stuff the antenna in the box and call it a day.

Looks like the old Proline bug body I had could go back into use. I'd just need to buy another wing.

PXL_20240126_021232238.jpg

I just stuff the antenna in the box and call it a day.
:LOL: If it works for you then it will certainly work for me.

Last edited:
My Kagama arrived yesterday but I didn't have a chance to get my hands on it until after work today. I went with green as it's my sons favorite color and the color of his Traxxas Hoss.

One positive and one negative comment based on my first impressions from just looking it over.

Positive...I think its a beauty that seems very high quality and beefy. I've been running an Outcast 4s with the plastic chassis, so maybe it's just it's overall size and aluminum bits and pieces. HA.

View attachment 344721

View attachment 344722
You use an antenna tube? Mine always broke so I'd tape it along the inside side wall or stick it in the box. I never have cut out issues.

These are those Chicagorc batteries and little trx to xt90 adapters the combo comes with. They are soft case and kind of small, one has a little poke in it but I don't think it's penetrated. Unfortunately my charger doesn't have xt90 so I have to wait for a new cable.

View attachment 343346

View attachment 343347
What's interesting is the batteries they sent me are hardcase vant's. No adapters though. Which is ok, I'm going to solder on some xt90's. While I wait for single 6s SMC pack to arrive.

IMG_20240129_32734.jpg

Looks like TC is pushing the Kagama out to YT influencers recently. I see a number of first runs from several of the more popular channels. Aside from the plastics, which are improved, the Kagama seems really comparable to the rtr exb Kraton from what I've seen thus far.

Looks like TC is pushing the Kagama out to YT influencers recently. I see a number of first runs from several of the more popular channels. Aside from the plastics, which are improved, the Kagama seems really comparable to the rtr exb Kraton from what I've seen thus far.

IME, the Kagama is more durable than the Kraton 6S EXB v2. 🤷‍♂️

Back