Typhon Team Losi Racing Tuned Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I decided to go with a different "bashable" 1/8 race buggy that I think should be better overall for bashing and/or racing. TLRT I'm sure is fine for its intended audience, but I think there are other choices out there.
HPI Vorza? Lol just kidding, I don't know how competitive a Hot Bodies D8 would be now days vs a Mugen, X-Ray or Tekno.

If I was going to buy a race buggy for bashing I would probably just get a Tekno EB48 2.0.

Mines getting a brushed motor and plastic geared micro sized servo.
gonna run it on 2S with knockoff brand deans connectors.

might use a traxxas bandit body for when I take it to the races!

images (6).jpg

You’re better off waiting for the Tamiya tuned Typhon coming out later this year. That one comes with plastic gears, oilite bushings and friction shocks. It is a roller though so you have to supply your own mechanical speed controller.

You’re better off waiting for the Tamiya tuned Typhon coming out later this year. That one comes with plastic gears, oilite bushings and friction shocks. It is a roller though so you have to supply your own mechanical speed controller.
That sounds like a good plan because I already have the best mechanical speed controller that Lowe’s had in stock, I can use it in the Tamiya Tuned Typhooti.

15D84D4D-5121-4728-9A0C-D3E7766A4DFE.jpeg

ETA: all jokes aside, I did order one and it should be here Monday.
not sure if will keep and bash or build up and eBay it.

Last edited:
Of course you know a 4090-size TP Power motor and 160A ESC will drop right into the Typhon chassis...

U see they have another body color part number. But I couldn't find it when I googled it.
That just means it isn't available yet. They did the same with the clear body for the Typhon 3s when it first came out, it was listed in the manual but when you Googled the part number nothing came up.

Not sure the plastic gears will handle the power from that one 🤣
Its a weight weenie with plastic gears. why not?:LOL:
U see they have another body color part number. But I couldn't find it when I googled it.
That is an Arrma first. BB's in the ST Belcrank. Sealed no less. (y)
Any other track kit would have this.
(y)

Last edited:
I saw it in the RC Driver video @9:45
And I just noticed the other hole in the chassis.
w34as5ewtetled-jpg.168274

seems like it. The photos on the Arrma website don’t show the extra hole or the key slot:

86ecd91a-c05c-44ad-be07-e476fb18f3e6-jpeg.168292

and the plot thickens (not really, but what else am I going to say on a Wednesday night) ... my chassis came with the extra slot and unused screw hole - so maybe what’s on the Arrma website photo is some pre-production chassis

sh.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know or have seen in your lhs if arrma has released the typhon tlr replacement parts yet? I'm wanting to purchase the hinge pin holders and adjustment pieces.

Not yet. Still no pricing or option to add to Horizon's cart. Soon, I'm sure.

Natha is available at this point. So don't break any TLRT parts until then. Myself included.:LOL:
The only parts available are all the remaining crossover Typhon V5 and EXB option parts.

cameringo_20211003_165056.jpg
cameringo_20211003_165113.jpg

She all done for now. I was going to get a nice sensored system but I am never going to race competitively so why waste the money and I already had this stuff laying around except the servo

Esc- BLX185
Motor-spektrum 2050kv
Servo- Jx 46kg servo.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back