Kraton Tekno MT410?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EB410 isn’t much of a basher. It’s a small, somewhat fragile race car.

But the Tekno EB48, ET48, and MT410 are incredible bashers. Yes, I would say they are better products than Arrma cars. They handle better and are more durable out of the box.

They’re also more expensive though.

Is the Tekno really better than Arrma? I have never even seen one except in video but have read they are more precision.🤷‍♂️
The EB410 isn’t much of a basher. It’s a small, somewhat fragile race car.

But the Tekno EB48, ET48, and MT410 are incredible bashers. Yes, I would say they are better products than Arrma cars. They handle better and are more durable out of the box.

They’re also more expensive though.
I meant the MT410. I was confused on the number. Are they 6s or more like a 4s in size?
I’m thinking about getting one to work on for a while as a project. I have plenty of trucks to run while gathering parts and assembling. I would like to have something with tighter steering. Arrmas are great but the steering is almost impossible to get the play out of.

Is the Tekno really better than Arrma? I have never even seen one except in video but have read they are more precision.🤷‍♂️
Does a Bear Crap in the woods?;)
Yes and YES.
I meant the MT410. I was confused on the number. Are they 6s or more like a 4s in size?
I’m thinking about getting one to work on for a while as a project. I have plenty of trucks to run while gathering parts and assembling. I would like to have something with tighter steering. Arrmas are great but the steering is almost impossible to get the play out of.
Run it on 4s and she will still be a handful. All while being pretty durable., and very light. Diffs are bulletproof. Not needy like the Armma 6s diffs are.
I did not like 6s packs in my MT410. Overpowered and too clumsey, not as balanced. This light 1/8 chassis platform was designed around 4s packs for the track. In Tekno MT trim is a great Freestyle Stunt Truck. Identical to my Notorious in dimensions. Just faster and more agile on 4s than my Noto is on 6s. Like a Swiss watch is compared to a Timex watch.

Last edited:
I have a kraton EXB and a MT410. They are both "durable" in different ways. I have tumbled and poorly landed my MT410 more so than my kraton and it handles it like a champ. Parts are strong and the trucks is light.

In a different way, once I started doing "major sends" with my trucks, my kraton was the one that was more durable just for the all-wheel landing. It's more stable in the air and lands better. It's better designed for that kind of jumping, IMO, whereas the tekno has thinner driveshafts, a thinner chassis, and less support for drivetrain components that will make it less designed for that.

However, if you're asking about whether you should get one, the answer is: YES. It is a different experience all together when it comes to driving. It handles the way you would want any Arrma to "point and shoot", and needs much less power and coercion to do so. I would definitely recommend it. The quality of the components and tightness/fitness of the pieces in itself is worth having.

My only complaints about my Tekno ET48.3 are the battery tray is a bit short and the chassis is rather tight.

Also fixed thread title.
Thanks, I tried to fix it but couldn’t. Will the MT410 hold 6s battery and electronics or would it be better suited on 4s? I’d like to have something really precision and tough enough to bash like my Arrmas. I plan to spend whatever it takes to get it dialed in to my driving. What electric’s would be best if money were not an issue? I’m not rich but I don’t have a problem spending over time to get something really good 👍. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks, I tried to fix it but couldn’t. Will the MT410 hold 6s battery and electronics or would it be better suited on 4s? I’d like to have something really precision and tough enough to bash like my Arrmas. I plan to spend whatever it takes to get it dialed in to my driving. What electric’s would be best if money were not an issue? I’m not rich but I don’t have a problem spending over time to get something really good 👍. Thanks for the advice.
Depends on what you want to accomplish. You could throw in a massive motor and speed controller and have lots of power, and the drivetrain could handle it, but that would ruin the trucks "lightness".

Personally, if you wanted to run 6s, i would get a max8 v3 with respective motor. I think there were fitment issues reported with the max8 g2, so check that deeper if you are leaning towards the g2.

If you wanted to keep it light, i have seen alot of people run it with max10 SCT and 4074 (or maybe 3674?) motor on 4s. I ran a spektrum 130a esc with my 4074 motor for a while with good results.

Currently i have a max8 and run a single smaller mah, low C rating 6s lipo. It have the same affect as gearing up a 4s system and running high C lipos, but less heat and the same weight. Lots of different options to choose from. The great thing about this truck is how well it takes just about any combination fairly well.

I'm running a Max8 2200KV on 4s in my MT-410 and I think it powerful enough for a truck that size, 6s would just be crazy IMO

I run my MT410 on 6S. MMX8S with a Castle 1520 motor. That required a different electronics layout on the chassis though.

I used to run MMX6S with a Hobbystar 4274 1350kv motor. That was the sweet spot and I’ll probably go back to it.

It definitely does not need 6S but why not 🤷‍♂️

P.S. I have not had a single powertrain issue, including diffs, with my big power setups.

I run mine on 6s whit spectrum combo,🫡🫡

My MT410 handles much better than my Kraton.
1682633958353.jpeg

I run my MT410 on 6S. MMX8S with a Castle 1520 motor. That required a different electronics layout on the chassis though.

I used to run MMX6S with a Hobbystar 4274 1350kv motor. That was the sweet spot and I’ll probably go back to it.

It definitely does not need 6S but why not 🤷‍♂️

P.S. I have not had a single powertrain issue, including diffs, with my big power setups.
That sounds like good advice. I have a leopard 1800kV 4274 in mine and it's drivable on 6S but it's still just going to wheelie over once you exceed 1/2 throttle - even at speed. I'm currently debating on dropping motor size or buying some more 4S batteries which I kind of don't want to do. I may give that speed motor a try myself.
I know a lot of people don't value this, but I've never found the mt410 to be a good-looking truck. Tekno did a disservice not making a body for it because I've never seen an mt410 that looked half as good as an Arrma. They all look awkward with whatever proline body people run for them.
I agree and disagree lol. They definitely should have come up with a decent body and a lot of bodies are crap. It would be nice to have a simple reliable go to body for it that looked OK and was reasonably durable. But I personally am not a huge fan of the generic-truggy body styles that a lot of RC's have - kratons, maxx's, xlr, vortek, etc. with the random tribalish graphics and goofy names. Just not a fan personally. But I painted up a bug body for mine and I think it looks 100x better than any stock Arrma (and I do even like the truck or pure buggy style ones). Of course it shattered the first time I farted 10 feet away from it, but it looked nice for those 10 minutes.

Depends on what you want to accomplish. You could throw in a massive motor and speed controller and have lots of power, and the drivetrain could handle it, but that would ruin the trucks "lightness".

Personally, if you wanted to run 6s, i would get a max8 v3 with respective motor. I think there were fitment issues reported with the max8 g2, so check that deeper if you are leaning towards the g2.

If you wanted to keep it light, i have seen alot of people run it with max10 SCT and 4074 (or maybe 3674?) motor on 4s. I ran a spektrum 130a esc with my 4074 motor for a while with good results.

Currently i have a max8 and run a single smaller mah, low C rating 6s lipo. It have the same affect as gearing up a 4s system and running high C lipos, but less heat and the same weight. Lots of different options to choose from. The great thing about this truck is how well it takes just about any combination fairly well.
I am definitely going to get one. Are the parts easy to find? Not sure what electrics to go with but keeping it light and fast like my Talion sounds like a better choice. I have the Max8 in it. I have the G2 in a Kraton 4s and really like it. I have one Max8 that looks like a pile of 💩 but it still runs like new. Good esc’s

I have a kraton EXB and a MT410. They are both "durable" in different ways. I have tumbled and poorly landed my MT410 more so than my kraton and it handles it like a champ. Parts are strong and the trucks is light.

In a different way, once I started doing "major sends" with my trucks, my kraton was the one that was more durable just for the all-wheel landing. It's more stable in the air and lands better. It's better designed for that kind of jumping, IMO, whereas the tekno has thinner driveshafts, a thinner chassis, and less support for drivetrain components that will make it less designed for that.

However, if you're asking about whether you should get one, the answer is: YES. It is a different experience all together when it comes to driving. It handles the way you would want any Arrma to "point and shoot", and needs much less power and coercion to do so. I would definitely recommend it. The quality of the components and tightness/fitness of the pieces in itself is worth having.
M2C has the MT410 Alloy Chassis braces. For Big Air is a prerequisite IMHO.

A more fair comparison to the MT410 is the Notorious/OC to be fair. Dimensions are identcial. Same length Buggy Short Wheel base and track width. Both Are considered Freestyle stunt trucks. But the MT410 on 4s runs better than my Noto on 6s. hands down. Balance and all. The much lighter MT410 on 4s is more durable and even faster than my 6s Noto IMHO. The MT410 would be worthy of a an ET48 Wing and Wing mounts as one upgrade for rear tower protection. It does not come with one.
K6S is a more of an all around Basher rig based on a longer Truggy chassis/ wheelbase. Drives differently than an MT410 and Noto/OC which would probably do poorly on a closed confined track for instance. Thats where the 6s Kraton would shine. ( running 4s packs) Directional stability is better with a longer Truggy chassis. Thats why the MT410 and Noto/OC can be much harder to drive for so many.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back