Kraton Tekno MT410?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every rc is different because I have a regular k6 whit all the upgrades and k6 xl and they are completely different cars,mt410 is different type of car to have fun

Any chance you could fix the title to say Tekno instead of Tenko? That's been driving my inner spelling Nazi crazy for about 20 hours. TIA. :LOL:
Diem finally saying what everyone else has been thinking since the thread began :LOL:
M2C has the MT410 Alloy Chassis braces. For Big Air is a prerequisite IMHO.

A more fair comparison to the MT410 is the Notorious/OC to be fair. Dimensions are identcial. Same length Buggy Short Wheel base and track width. Both Are considered Freestyle stunt trucks. But the MT410 on 4s runs better than my Noto on 6s. hands down. Balance and all. The much lighter MT410 on 4s is more durable and even faster than my 6s Noto IMHO. The MT410 would be worthy of a an ET48 Wing and Wing mounts as one upgrade for rear tower protection. It does not come with one.
K6S is a more of an all around Basher rig based on a longer Truggy chassis/ wheelbase. Drives differently than an MT410 and Noto/OC which would probably do poorly on a closed confined track for instance. Thats where the 6s Kraton would shine. ( running 4s packs) Directional stability is better with a longer Truggy chassis. Thats why the MT410 and Noto/OC can be much harder to drive for so many.
Fair on all points. I mean to say that I think arrma 6s trucks (exb especially) are set up to handle "big air" (landing on all 4 wheels of course) better than the mt410 AS STOCK. But that's where the advantage stops. Everything else the mt410 (tekno) wins at.
I am definitely going to get one. Are the parts easy to find? Not sure what electrics to go with but keeping it light and fast like my Talion sounds like a better choice. I have the Max8 in it. I have the G2 in a Kraton 4s and really like it. I have one Max8 that looks like a pile of 💩 but it still runs like new. Good esc’s
From what I understand, tekno supports their vehicles many years after they "discontinue" them. I don't have first hand experience with that, but I haven't had issues finding parts for my SCT410.3 or my mt410.

Tekno is a great basher

but remember Tekno was is only concerned about racing and when you build one you will see that from start to finish

From the materials, fitment, adjustability, tight tolerance ( no slop ) the list goes on

I race 4 of them and have broken only minimal parts

If you have any doubts buy one build it and report back you won’t be disappointed

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ARRMA they make a good product as well 😎

I recently installed the Hobbywing max8 G2 combo and really dig it over the mmx combo. The truck runs much cooler. I have tried it on 6s a few times but it is just way too much power in this rig. It does all you will want on 4s.

IMG_9286.jpg

I recently installed the Hobbywing max8 G2 combo and really dig it over the mmx combo. The truck runs much cooler. I have tried it on 6s a few times but it is just way too much power in this rig. It does all you will want on 4s.

View attachment 295946
The spelling aggravates me too and I started the thread. I have to spell Tekno twice to get it by spell check. You guys that have one send pictures please.

Any chance you could fix the title to say Tekno instead of Tenko? That's been driving my inner spelling Nazi crazy for about 20 hours. TIA. :LOL:
Sorry that was me, old dcmonald was listexic oioie.

Is the Tekno really better than Arrma? I have never even seen one except in video but have read they are more precision.🤷‍♂️
I own both. The MT410 is a better handling truck but has issues you need to be at one with. On 4s with a long can motor it suffers from gear box issues. The front input gear uses 5x11x4 bearings and they eat up fast, the rears aren't much better. I use ceramic bearings for the input gear, it seems to last longer. If you're at one with performing gear box maintenance every few months it's a hot truck. As far as which is better it depends on your application. An Arrma is a better stunt truck by a lot, the MT410 is the best handling monster truck I've ever driven and a better all purpose truck. If you're a jumper you should get an Arrma, if you're not there's no substitute for a Tekno.

Every rc is different because I have a regular k6 whit all the upgrades and k6 xl and they are completely different cars,mt410 is different type of car to have fun
Having so many RCs here, they all have different personalities. I enjoy that. Or I would get bored with them.
Even 2 identical models can drive somewhat differently from my exper. Just a different radio alone, can even make one model feel different than the next. Both being the same model. All else being equal.

I own both. The MT410 is a better handling truck but has issues you need to be at one with. On 4s with a long can motor it suffers from gear box issues. The front input gear uses 5x11x4 bearings and they eat up fast, the rears aren't much better. I use ceramic bearings for the input gear, it seems to last longer. If you're at one with performing gear box maintenance every few months it's a hot truck. As far as which is better it depends on your application. An Arrma is a better stunt truck by a lot, the MT410 is the best handling monster truck I've ever driven and a better all purpose truck. If you're a jumper you should get an Arrma, if you're not there's no substitute for a Tekno.
You sure something else isn’t wrong? I haven’t had those bearing issues and I run long motor on 6S.

I just built an MT410.3
First drive was impressive, it handles great, and really moves. I'm about to start preparing a body for it... more on that in its own thread in a few days...

I know a lot of people don't value this, but I've never found the mt410 to be a good-looking truck. Tekno did a disservice not making a body for it because I've never seen an mt410 that looked half as good as an Arrma. They all look awkward with whatever proline body people run for them.
Sorry, have to disagree... here's mine no proline body for me 😉

IMG_6328.jpg

IMG_6225.jpg

. Bottom pic next to the MTE+2.
And i used the et 48.3 truggy wing mount to mount up arrma wheelie bar.
Didn't even have to cut more off the back but did have to trim a little of the outcast body to fit around stock tekno bumber on the front. And like all the bodies I looked at there is a gap on the sides between body and side guards. Teknos are very short. Im think of trying to cobble some outcast side guards to hide the insides a little better.

20220215_143153.jpg

20220301_103130.jpg

Last edited:
. Bottom pic next to the MTE+2.
And i used the et 48.3 truggy wing mount to mount up arrma wheelie bar.
Didn't even have to cut more off the back but did have to trim a little of the outcast body to fit around stock tekno bumber on the front. And like all the bodies I looked at there is a gap on the sides between body and side guards. Teknos are very short. Im think of trying to cobble some outcast side guards to hide the insides a little better.

View attachment 296698

View attachment 296699
How do you like the mte +?

I really like it. It is not a truggy, handles like a monster truck, takes some finesse to get a tight turn but i like that. A lot of body swaying but it does jump good and can get a good wheelie ride once in a while. I can get a backflip off a ramp but not at a standstill, (long wheelbase ) I put a max6 esc with the hobbywing 2200kv with 2 3s packs. The new model (MTX)is a 1.5 inches shorter or so wheelbase and has some refinements that MTE+2 didn't come with. 18 months and no breakages, tried it on 8s once and the front tires blew off. Never doing that again.

When you start looking for something new or different try an ET48.3 chassis on your MT. You'll need a rear brace and a rear driveshaft to go with it. The truck is a hot ride as a truggy. The MT's versatility is something I've always liked about it.

The EB410 isn’t much of a basher. It’s a small, somewhat fragile race car.

But the Tekno EB48, ET48, and MT410 are incredible bashers. Yes, I would say they are better products than Arrma cars. They handle better and are more durable out of the box.

They’re also more expensive though.
I have the ET410 and it takes a legit beating, definitely not fragile

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back