Texas is too hot. Moved my rc workspace inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyHop84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Typhon TLR
Merged my office and my rc workspace today. Not a ton of room but happy with it. Was using my third car garage but Texas is just too hot in the summer to be sitting in a garage with no real airflow.

IMG_8654.jpeg

IMG_8653.jpeg

I can Relate!!

Austin Powers Lava GIF
It was alll good until this week. Then I just couldn’t do it. Plus I intend to start making content soon so having it in that room will be easier to do lighting in.

Also yea that’s the Kraton in pieces again 😂😂 I spent and ungodly amount of money upgrading almost everything…. The things I didn’t touch yet blew up… waiting in beefier driveshafts and front and rear diffs now.

It was alll good until this week. Then I just couldn’t do it. Plus I intend to start making content soon so having it in that room will be easier to do lighting in.

Also yea that’s the Kraton in pieces again 😂😂 I spent and ungodly amount of money upgrading almost everything…. The things I didn’t touch yet blew up… waiting in beefier driveshafts and front and rear diffs now.
I am building one from the ground up. Is this what I have to look forward to? I have spent about $260 already, and purchased the rest off of this forums classifieds.

I am building one from the ground up. Is this what I have to look forward to? I have spent about $260 already, and purchased the rest off of this forums classifieds.
Hard to say man. I beat the hell out of my kraton. I am the reason the things break at this point. I get excited because in my head I am going to eventually get this thing to be indestructible. I have very few stock parts left on the truck. At this point the motor and motor mount, (Which I am actively trying to blow up so I can justify a new one) shocks and front and rear diffs. And the drive shafts are all that’s left… I have a build thread on here you can check out.

But under normal circumstances. If you have a non exb which I do. The metal in the diffs is made of glass. The stock servo is an actual meme.. and you should upgrade your lower bracing. Outside of that it’s a great truck.

It’s my go to rig when deciding if I want to put my other trucks through whatever I am about to do, and in my opinion it’s the best all around truck that I have driven.

Hard to say man. I beat the hell out of my kraton. I am the reason the things break at this point. I get excited because in my head I am going to eventually get this thing to be indestructible. I have very few stock parts left on the truck. At this point the motor and motor mount, (Which I am actively trying to blow up so I can justify a new one) shocks and front and rear diffs. And the drive shafts are all that’s left… I have a build thread on here you can check out.

But under normal circumstances. If you have a non exb which I do. The metal in the diffs is made of glass. The stock servo is an actual meme.. and you should upgrade your lower bracing. Outside of that it’s a great truck.

It’s my go to rig when deciding if I want to put my other trucks through whatever I am about to do, and in my opinion it’s the best all around truck that I have driven.
Thanks for the confidence builder. I look forward to completing this one!

Merged my office and my rc workspace today. Not a ton of room but happy with it. Was using my third car garage but Texas is just too hot in the summer to be sitting in a garage with no real airflow.

View attachment 367930

View attachment 367931
Yes I can relate too. My RC workspace is in a uninsulated garden shed. So its hot in the summer and cold and damp in the winter. My house is too small to move it inside though.

I dig your setup.

View attachment 367930

View attachment 367931

Insulation on the garage doors and a mini split AC system for the garage is ultimately what you want.
The perks of a mini-split is that they can do heat and cold.

They sell them no pre-charged so you can do a DIY install yourself.

Back