How Many RC Cars Is Too Many??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such blasphemy should not be spoken here!
I was legit just about to post that exact shiiiiiit🤣
I’ll generally have the shelf queens which are just mid ‘80’s stuff that I grew up with as nostalgia, and then the current stuff that I actually run. Then I’m almost always building one, and unloading one that’s fallen out of rotation for whatever reason.. And if my kneecaps get infected from being out at the corner to pay for this ridiculous addiction, I just get a real job, and keep it going.. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣

It's different for everyone. For some its unlimited. I just bought a new rig which puts me at 7 total. Took me 2.5 years to get there, some get there in 3 months, lol.

7 feels like a lot, I'll probably sell a rig before I buy another. I don't have much space to store them and not enough solid bashing places. That and budget are my limits.

If I had the storage/bashing space and a larger fun stuff budget, I could see me owning 15-20 eventually. 😎

I know this is very subjective, but seriously; how many is too many?
Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television
🤣

I consider mine more of a collection then anything. I have quiet a few older models I've bought or built purely to own and only occasionally run lightly. Mostly the ones I wanted when I was younger but couldn't afford them. Or models I owned and want to re-live for nostalgic reasons.
Between me, the wife and the kids we have around 30ish. I try not to count them. I'll continue buying them or building them as I can. It's my passion. What I do to relax. Can never have to much in my eyes so long as food is on the table and bills are paid and you have a way to display/store them respectfully..

Personal reference i guess.. i think you should be asking yourself what do i want to do with the RC car? Speedruns, Bashing, skateparks, beach/sand runs etc.

Then buy yourself the car that fits in those catarogys. don't go overboard with most expensive models, google, arrmaforum, youtube the models and check the prices on different websites. Then pick a model you like and check out if you like to speedrun, bashing, skatepark etc. If you like one of them, maybe buy some upgrades for the car and if you don't like it re sell the car for new catagory.

Whent to skatepark with Monstertruck and broke several parts and replaced them. Whent back and again broke several parts again. Then i reached my point well im gonna stay away from the skatepark and buy myself a different car haha.

you always want the new releases so if you don't want loads of rcs sell them trouble is you don't get what you expect back even with upgrades. I have nine that work and four that need bits and bats to get them going again. I have four 6s kratons and still what the new kraton 6s exb rtr :)

I have 5, one granite boost, one granite 3s(+ 😅), one Mojave, one vendetta and a kyosho dbx, converted from nitro to brushless. This is to "have one of each style" , if that make sense. Buggy, desert truck, speed car, and a monster truck. The mega boost is for my daughter, and the dbx is for my son. I feel this is enough for me. Of course a limitless is of interest, but have to test the vendetta for what it's worth first 😁

you always want the new releases so if you don't want loads of rcs sell them trouble is you don't get what you expect back even with upgrades. I have nine that work and four that need bits and bats to get them going again. I have four 6s kratons and still what the new kraton 6s exb rtr :)

Have not checked yet but isnt the new kraton 6s exb rtr very similair to the v5 and ordinary exb driving wise just more durable?
Have you modded the four kratons? maybe get something else the feel more different.

Just my 2 cents means nothing :D
Personal reference i guess.. i think you should be asking yourself what do i want to do with the RC car? Speedruns, Bashing, skateparks, beach/sand runs etc.

Then buy yourself the car that fits in those catarogys. don't go overboard with most expensive models, google, arrmaforum, youtube the models and check the prices on different websites. Then pick a model you like and check out if you like to speedrun, bashing, skatepark etc. If you like one of them, maybe buy some upgrades for the car and if you don't like it re sell the car for new catagory.

Whent to skatepark with Monstertruck and broke several parts and replaced them. Whent back and again broke several parts again. Then i reached my point well im gonna stay away from the skatepark and buy myself a different car haha.
Personally I think some people with enough money/funds make the (wrong choice) when they buy the 1st rc car, something to small to cheap instead of buying a 4s or 6s RC car directy.

For example when it comes to Traxxas I would not recommend anything below the Maxx v2.0 4s, expensive yes but its not a bad choice as a starter car.
But everything depends where and when you run it.

Last edited:
I have a collection. I’m quickly approaching 50 rigs, and I am running out of room to be honest. So I’m going shelf shopping again today. A feller should surround himself with things he loves. In my case, my kids are grown and out on their own, so I live by myself, and my rigs are for fun, and they decorate the pad. They’re everywhere you look lol.

So the answer to your question? The one after the next one is too many.

I don't count anything small than 1:10 to my collection.
The 1:12 to to 1:18 feels more small toy grade but they can be good like MJX Hyper go and Rlarrlo desert buggy is good.
Soon I will have a 1:16 erevo vxl that comes with the Sledge so It will be intresting.
Running brushless 1:12 to 1:18 stuff on my grass lawn or inside house with brushed Teton and brushed Losi Mini T 2.0

Too many of the same type might be too much.

If you have a dozen Typhons, that's too much, you can only do so much with a Typhon. A dozen SCT, yea, if you race on the reg or have a track in your backyard ;):p

I've got 14 hobbygrades (and about 8 Amazon cheapos), but a good mix.....6 SCTs (see above ;)), 3 street bashers, a trick/jump truck (Noto 6s), 3 regular bashers and a rock racer (Ryft) still in the box. 😁✌️

I know this is very subjective, but seriously; how many is too many? How many can we really play with, considering our lifestyles and schedules? At what number does it turn into a collection, rather than a hobby?
96 is too many. Prior is a goal.

96 is the natural number following 95 and preceding 97. It is a number that appears the same when turned upside down.

Back