How Many RC Cars Is Too Many??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. I don't have 50 though. I have many, all types & brands, but I'm not done. Funny, I'm going to Lowes Saturday to shelf shop as well. Eyeing this.

View attachment 343204

I have 10. Might need 2 these shelves...

Those shelves are nice for rc. There's better looking but nothing as efficient for the cost.

I'd have to actually count the rc here again. I've sold off 4 or 5 in the last 6mo or so. I'm probably sitting around 23 or 24 rc.
Many are shelfers or long term projects/builds.

Same here. I don't have 50 though. I have many, all types & brands, but I'm not done. Funny, I'm going to Lowes Saturday to shelf shop as well. Eyeing this.

View attachment 343204

I have 10. Might need 2 these shelves...
Correction. I have 12. I forgot about the shelf queen monster truck buggy hybrid thing & the YD2 2WD drift car I was gifted yesterday. Is that bad you forgot about RC's you have?
Those shelves are nice for rc. There's better looking but nothing as efficient for the cost.

I'd have to actually count the rc here again. I've sold off 4 or 5 in the last 6mo or so. I'm probably sitting around 23 or 24 rc.
Many are shelfers or long term projects/builds.
And it's the biggest I found at 40x24x72 for the money. Walmart has a 36x24 for 57 bucks but it looks very bad & flimsy.

Correction. I have 12. I forgot about the shelf queen monster truck buggy hybrid thing & the YD2 2WD drift car I was gifted yesterday. Is that bad you forgot about RC's you have?

And it's the biggest I found at 40x24x72 for the money. Walmart has a 36x24 for 57 bucks but it looks very bad & flimsy.

Don't cheap out man. Always regret it later when we do that 😅

I just counted the rc cars here... I got 29... more then I thought..
Means I was recently around 35 🤣

They aren't all top of the line rigs. Many traxxas 2wd or vintage etc.
My 1 truly awesome rig is my inferno mp9.. or vintage rc10gt's, b4, tc3 and tc4's.. etc...

Edit- just realized I didn't count my recent tamiya or deadbolt. Its 31 😂🤣

Last edited:
Don't cheap out man. Always regret it later when we do that 😅

I just counted the rc cars here... I got 29... more then I thought..
Means I was recently around 35 🤣

They aren't all top of the line rigs. Many traxxas 2wd or vintage etc.
My 1 truly awesome rig is my inferno mp9.. or vintage rc10gt's, b4, tc3 and tc4's.. etc...
Oh yeah, the 40x24 craftsman one is much better.

I know this is very subjective, but seriously; how many is too many? How many can we really play with, considering our lifestyles and schedules? At what number does it turn into a collection, rather than a hobby?
If i had the space/room aka spare bedroom i would be tempted to build a large collection. :devilish:😁

It's different for everyone. For some its unlimited. I just bought a new rig which puts me at 7 total. Took me 2.5 years to get there, some get there in 3 months, lol.

7 feels like a lot, I'll probably sell a rig before I buy another. I don't have much space to store them and not enough solid bashing places. That and budget are my limits.

If I had the storage/bashing space and a larger fun stuff budget, I could see me owning 15-20 eventually. 😎
I agree with sumguy75 on this one. Its different for everyone and I just don't have the space for it either with 2. lol but if I did I could see myself with 10 to 12. :)

That’s a toughie. I’m looking at that $99 redcat crawler 1/18 scale just because it’s cheap and it looks cool. I don’t “need” it. Then I’m like huh? For 39 more bucks I can get a 1/10 scale. Then it’s how much for the brushless and say hi to Alice when you see her at the end of that rabbit hole we’ve all been down. The answer is 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m obviously NEVER satisfied or I wouldn’t have just bought an RC boat!

That’s a toughie. I’m looking at that $99 redcat crawler 1/18 scale just because it’s cheap and it looks cool. I don’t “need” it. Then I’m like huh? For 39 more bucks I can get a 1/10 scale. Then it’s how much for the brushless and say hi to Alice when you see her at the end of that rabbit hole we’ve all been down. The answer is 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m obviously NEVER satisfied or I wouldn’t have just bought an RC boat!
1/10. I have a AX24 XC1 1/24 crawler. It's too small. I had a 1/18 toy Walmart one I gave away. Wasn't much bigger. I saw the Redcat 1/10 out of the box at the LHS when they came out. I liked it, almost bought it.

Last edited:
IMG_0734.jpeg

I've been asking myself the same question for a long time. Been in rc for over 30 years. First car was the Tamiya Fox. Tried helicopters and drones but they kept crashing into things. Got 16 rigs ranging from 1/28 to 1/5 scale. Can't bring myself to sell any of them, too much good and bad times attached to each.

My new purchase is self justified as usage for a specific purpose. Here's a few; indoor vs outdoor drift car, beach only buggy, wet weather touring car, jumping only rc...you get the idea.

I've been asking myself the same question for a long time. Been in rc for over 30 years. First car was the Tamiya Fox. Tried helicopters and drones but they kept crashing into things. Got 16 rigs ranging from 1/28 to 1/5 scale. Can't bring myself to sell any of them, too much good and bad times attached to each.

My new purchase is self justified as usage for a specific purpose. Here's a few; indoor vs outdoor drift car, beach only buggy, wet weather touring car, jumping only rc...you get the idea.
whats your new purchase / purpose

Back