How Many RC Cars Is Too Many??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have not checked yet but isnt the new kraton 6s exb rtr very similair to the v5 and ordinary exb driving wise just more durable?
Have you modded the four kratons? maybe get something else the feel more different.

Just my 2 cents means nothing :D

Personally I think some people with enough money/funds make the (wrong choice) when they buy the 1st rc car, something to small to cheap instead of buying a 4s or 6s RC car directy.

For example when it comes to Traxxas I would not recommend anything below the Maxx v2.0 4s, expensive yes but its not a bad choice as a starter car.
But everything depends where and when you run it.
3 of the kratons are modded one is stock I do have other cars from other manufacturers also have other arrma cars but still want the kraton exb rtr don't no why :unsure:

Right now I'm at 5. My problem is I always find a reason to tell myself why I "need" another rig. For example, my son loves driving through muddy puddles after heavy rainstorms. So I told myself I now need to work on a Granite build because it's much easier/cheaper to clean and replace broken parts on 3S rigs than it is on my 6S rigs. Then the Big Rock 6S came out and I was like "Oh, I don't have a basher truck in my collection". I swear, It's a never ending cycle lol 🤦🤷

I’m at 15 I believe. I’d like to ditch a couple, but I have a tough time deciding which ones. And then have a hard time convincing myself it is even worth selling. I mostly regret the DR8, the Mojave and the Scx24. The dr8 is cool, but lack of parts support always hangs in the back of your mind. The Mojave, also cool just not totally in love with a straight ground pounder. The Scx24 is cool, but with a bad esc I’m having a tough time sinking $130 into a $150 rig that I sparingly use.

I have a collection. I’m quickly approaching 50 rigs, and I am running out of room to be honest. So I’m going shelf shopping again today. A feller should surround himself with things he loves. In my case, my kids are grown and out on their own, so I live by myself, and my rigs are for fun, and they decorate the pad. They’re everywhere you look lol.

So the answer to your question? The one after the next one is too many.
Will you adopt me? I PROMISE I will keep my room clean. 😇 Please?

I need a big one tuned for jumps Xmaxx, Outcast 8s exb or prehaps 6s Kagama hard time deciding, I wont do crazy high jumps so I think the Outcast will survive fine and maybe its the better truck of em.

Its mainly a summer truck for jumping in + celius weather and I wont be doing extreme throttle runs pushing the temps up on it.

Too many RC's when you can't put food on the table, roof over your head and you are in debt up to your A#$%ss.
Space to keep all of them, can also be a slight problem.:cry:
19 in all here. Collected over 35+years. It was a rocky ride. I am way more conservative with my RC spending in the past years. I don't have to have that supposed latest and greatest new RC anymore. Or any of the numerous $upgrades. I have plenty to keep me busy. I had a Cap of $1k with each new RC I get. Now I am good with whats out the box and a few needed upgrades. The RC $Bling$ out there will really tear into your wallet. And I am more into Go , not Show these days. I'll let all the Noobs go for that stuff.

Last edited:
I own 14 currently 13 are road cars. I have sold a few this year off road vehicles. I would say I am maxed out ,can only take out so many at a time. Spent last month going through all the diffs and shocks and cleaning. Have a few more to go.

Too many RC's when you can't put food on the table, roof over your head and you are in debt up to your A#$%ss.
Space to keep all of them, can also be a slight problem.:cry:
19 in all here. Collected over 35+years. It was a rocky ride. I am way more conservative with my RC spending in the past years. I don't have to have that supposed latest and greatest new RC anymore. Or any of the numerous $upgrades. I have plenty to keep me busy. I had a Cap of $1k with each new RC I get. Now I am good with whats out the box and a few needed upgrades. The RC $Bling$ out there will really tear into your wallet. And I am more into Go , not Show these days. I'll let all the Noobs go for that stuff.
agreed if I do buy any upgrades its only if the part keeps breaking. I think if you can drive and your not sending it 80ft in the air you should be fine

+1
Absolutely.
(y)
We were all Noobs somewhere in our RC lineage...Some take a bit longer to figure it all out. The industry, Upgrade parts and all. Hate to say it, many vendors are just money grabbers. Not all of them. But a good portion of the RC market is that way. I've wasted much $$ on RC. Things that were a fail. Bins full of garbage sitting here. Sometimes I just recycle them, find some use. Takes some time to figure that all out. And we all RC differently. I started strictly at the track exclusively, so my perspective is way different than most here on AF. There was no such thng as bashing and breaking things constantly. It was all about driving skill. All Marketing now.. YT RC'ers promote that now . The "Break, Fix, Repeat thing every outing wasn't a thing back in the 1990's. That was called a DNF/Fail. I get it.;)

Last edited:
It's more like Spend, break, fix, repeat, then $Spend$ again. Professing that it is normal FUN to repeatedly break your models. Repeating that over and over only supports the RC Hobby industry, and not the hobbyist.
TBH, poor driver skillset, driver error needs to be considered more so these days.
Just sending it 40ft high in the air and hoping for the best with your $1k rig gets dumb at times. Don't you think?

Last edited:
I was so shocked when he died doing what he loved so much. Simply snowmobiling. I'm sure it was all supped up. Pushing it hard was his style. :( I know a few people that got real hurt doing that.
Feel bad for his fam.

Today included with my SLudge I got a mini erevo vxl and I am suprised how much fun it was on street with hard packed snow/ice.
Blown away.

It's different for everyone. For some its unlimited. I just bought a new rig which puts me at 7 total. Took me 2.5 years to get there, some get there in 3 months, lol.

7 feels like a lot, I'll probably sell a rig before I buy another. I don't have much space to store them and not enough solid bashing places. That and budget are my limits.

If I had the storage/bashing space and a larger fun stuff budget, I could see me owning 15-20 eventually. 😎
I hear ya about places to bash. Hard to find.

I’ve slowed down considerably in the past few weeks. I actually went onto my account at Amain and saw how much money I spent with just them last year and it was very very sobering. I do have a cool collection of hopped up rigs to show for it, but it adds up very fast and you just don’t realize it.

Back