Typhon The dreaded blinking red light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0FG

ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Vorteks
Blah, I can’t figure this out.. I’ve gone through the manual.. my typhons esc just keeps blinking red, no throttle, no steering.. it does this every time it’s on.. any suggestions?

I’ve binded the slt3.. I’ve done the throttle setup included in the manual (I think anyways lol) trim on the transmitter is in the middle.. batteries are charged.. what am I missing? I’ve never really messed with the programming side of the esc, so I’m sure I’m missing something.

Thanks!

Try calibrating ESC that’s with the red light is telling you.

I’m starting to think that maybe I’m doing this wrong lol. Are there any videos that better clarify the steps? When doing the throttle setup, it doesn’t go past the neutral step, it doesn’t beep again.

I’m starting to think that maybe I’m doing this wrong lol. Are there any videos that better clarify the steps? When doing the throttle setup, it doesn’t go past the neutral step, it doesn’t beep again.
Have you driven in water/wet conditions?

The first step you actually don't do anything, it will wait for you to push set then it will blink once green, then you pull the trigger for a sec and push set again to save, 2 green blinks, then do brake/reverse, hold it for a sec and push set again, three green blinks.. then turn it off 😎
Have you driven in water/wet conditions?
It's not that, I do!! 🤣

Never seen water before, this car has barely been used. My throttle and steering were reserved when using the transmitter.. I thought maybe I reversed the cables on the rx so I switched them around.. it’s been doing this since.. I messed it up lol

I remember watching a video before which better explained it all.. can’t find it now that I need it lol.

Never seen water before, this car has barely been used. My throttle and steering were reserved when using the transmitter.. I thought maybe I reversed the cables on the rx so I switched them around.. it’s been doing this since.. I messed it up lol

I remember watching a video before which better explained it all.. can’t find it now that I need it lol.
Hold up, right now, do you have the servo plug in slot 1 and the esc in slot 2 of your receiver?

Is your brake set to >80%? Otherwise it won't calibrate.

Ok...sorry, you said u flipped em cuz the throttle/steering was reversed and usually you just correct that on the transmitter. Watch that vid from Prime and hopefully that helps.

I can’t get this to work. Once I power on the esc, it’s flashing red and there’s 0 steering?
Are you sure the servo works? I have had this before, when my servo got wet and died. New servo and a voila back in action.

Take out the servo and try on another rig. Borrow a servo and test it with that. You can easily find out what's up.

Try rebinding again. Start over.

Yeah, sounds like a bad servo shorting the Bec to me... This is so common it's crazy.. that should be the first thing to check.. An esc rarely, if ever, needs recalibration, usually the only time is if you messed with it, or it's new..

A bad servo doesn't need to see physical water, it just needs to sit in a hot to cold place, or vice versa.. Condensation can get it just the same...😉

When I unplug the servo and try again, the results are the same… does it need a servo plugged in for the esc to work? No?

I’ve done the rebinding process a few times, that one works fine.

When I unplug the servo and try again, the results are the same… does it need a servo plugged in for the esc to work? No?

I’ve done the rebinding process a few times, that one works fine.

If you scroll back, I have suggested to plug in a borrowed servo or have anyone test the servo itself on a working rig.
I am not sure if the ESC boots up properly without servo being connected (especially Spektrum with all the safety features).
You are still only touching free to try procedures. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back