They said it’s a fun hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone posted a link to some Gorilla glue construction adhesive that works better than shoe goo and doesn't stank but for the life of me I can never remember what it is.

I use E6000 as candles and body spray. It really is flexible…

split depth GIF

I like that smell :rolleyes:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@oldgoat
After shoo gooing numerous rigs, my last two I did with Flex Seal. The results have been good, although it requires about three coats and ventilation is needed. It’s way less labour intensive as well.

I do think that dry tape/shoo goo is the best……but I’ve stopped giving a schit and will continue to use flex seal as the second best alternative.

cheers,
kev

@oldgoat
After shoo gooing numerous rigs, my last two I did with Flex Seal. The results have been good, although it requires about three coats and ventilation is needed. It’s way less labour intensive as well.

I do think that dry tape/shoo goo is the best……but I’ve stopped giving a schit and will continue to use flex seal as the second best alternative.

cheers,
kev
Flex seal didn't give me very good results. Better than nothing, but still not good.

@oldgoat

cheers,
kev
Shoe Goo with drywall tape isn't the best and Flex Seal isn't the second best.
Best is Shoe goo, drywall tape then sprayed with rubberized undercoating https://www.rctech.net/forum/painti...tection-bashers-long-article-many-photos.html

I've tried the shoo goo w/dry wall tape, flex seal w/tape.. I gave up. Now I just buy the cheapest bodies I find..rtr take offs, prepainted, clear.. don't care as long as it's cheap..🤷‍♂️
They never look good for long in my lineup. Hell, I don't even clean the bodies unless they're too caked with mud. I also don't bring rc's in the house, soo that has alot to do with it..

Well it’s dry, trimmed, done. I think I like it. It’s way stiffer than I thought it would be. When I first came across this idea I kinda laughed. Then I got a few runs on the car or should I say a few rolls. I saw what the body was doing so I thought I’d try it. I think it’s worth the time, and it’s part of the hobby.

Ok I was thinking…
Not much happened though
If I were to get a clear body and paint it up, will the shoe goo mess up the paint?

Stick with Tamiya paint and you should be fine. I’ve had it eat through other paints but I can’t remember which one at the moment

Ok I was thinking…
Not much happened though
If I were to get a clear body and paint it up, will the shoe goo mess up the paint?
I have seen the paint dissolve on mine while applying the shoo goo.. but, honestly I don't know if the paint wasn't completely dry, maybe I slathered the shoo goo too thick.. not sure..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back