Kraton This happening to anyone else?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwanitall

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi everyone,
I have a Kraton 6S that has about 8 batteries thru it. I love the thing, and it's an animal, but I keep breaking diff parts. ALOT of diff parts. I have it apart after almost every run b/c I break either the pin inside the diff that holds the gears from spinning, the gears themselves, or an outdrive. Do you guys all go thru this? I don't even jump the darn thing!
broken.jpg

First! Welcome to the Forum!!!

Are the diff cups being filled with oil to the proper level? I think most common cause for gears breaking like so is not enough oil in there. From what I've learned so far. :unsure: Not enough oil, everything with the diffs get very hot and might help to break things easier.

I've broken an outdrive shaft inside the diff cup before hanging up on a ledge trying to standing backflip my Outcast. Never the gears themselves like so. ?‍♂️

Hope you have better future outcomes! ?

I’d install a new aluminum diff cup and new out drive cups , they wear and the pin gets loose. The plastic diff cases warp and change shape when they get hot. I’ve never broken a diff yet. My son is a maniac with his notorious he hasn’t either.

ya pretty common, i pop a few a season.. harder pins do help..

Attachments

• 20191115_162936.jpg
    20191115_162936.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200106_002402.jpg
    20200106_002402.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 57
Rich duperbash made a video to counter this breakge i think but if you are not jumping the car something else is wrong whats the oil weight for your diffs?

Hey guys,
I was originally going to post that I don't jump like Duperbash, but I didn't think he was THAT big! I really don't jump at all. The joke is that we are "flatlanders", on the north/west side of Rochester, NY. Any way, I'm running 30/20M/60. All is stock otherwise, "speed" pinion, good battery (100c) that's it.
I will watch the video, I hope I can learn a secret or two.
Any other help is appreciated!
Thanks!!!!!

Worth a shot
I honestly can't remember if this started before or after I went thick in the center diff. :unsure:

Any way I can Move this to the 6S Kraton forum? Not that I don't believe what you guys are sayin, just want to see if more than one Kraton owner has experienced this.

Any way I can Move this to the 6S Kraton forum? Not that I don't believe what you guys are sayin, just want to see if more than one Kraton owner has experienced this.
Thread Moved ✅

I broke the same rear diff gears today. I also learned to back flip off a ramp. I think landing hard on the throttle caused the failure. myfluids are all stock on kraton 6s v4. stock pinion. probably my 10-12 battery pack for this car, its fairly new.
I plan to order a complete new diff.

Is there a better fix for this other than just replacing with stock?

I wish I knew, sir. Broke them AGAIN today. ?? Gettin real sick of it. I plan on changing CDF to 500,000 or 1mill like suggested above. I wanted it locked like I did on my son's Terremoto. Made a huge improvement. I guess on only 4S it can handle it, that must be the difference.

Duperbash posted a video where he describes his Kraton diff setups. 50K/200K/20K : F/C/R
I haven’t broken gears yet knock on wood but I don’t send it into orbit yet either. All said duperbash seems practical when it comes to performance vs maintenance

I broke the same rear diff gears today. I also learned to back flip off a ramp. I think landing hard on the throttle caused the failure. myfluids are all stock on kraton 6s v4. stock pinion. probably my 10-12 battery pack for this car, its fairly new.
I plan to order a complete new diff.

Is there a better fix for this other than just replacing with stock?

you guys can try the tekno gears and pins.. or just better pins..

I ordered stock replacement gears, pins, Shims. I can reuse stock shims also with new ones I guess if needed. Also got 20k fluid. The diff case (not inside diff) had little amount of grease in it from factory. I don’t think heat was an issue though. It was 40 degrees and I let it cool down between its first and second run.

I wish I knew, sir. Broke them AGAIN today. ?? Gettin real sick of it. I plan on changing CDF to 500,000 or 1mill like suggested above. I wanted it locked like I did on my son's Terremoto. Made a huge improvement. I guess on only 4S it can handle it, that must be the difference.
So did you run it again with the 20 mill and it broke? Im running stock oils and never had an issue but will be upgrading to 500k in the center to help with ballooning. 500-mill is max for the center IMHO, Hell duperbash runs 200 in his stock Kraton and everything else....when he upgrades the motor/gearing THEN he goes to 500. If it works for him...IJS
And did you say you put 20k in the outer diff case? That wont do a lot as it wont stay on the gears...it will run off....try 100% Blood outside the diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back