Throttle glitch and runaway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee82gx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
This is my 2nd 3S and first time experiencing such an issue. My first 3s BLX was sold, but before that I can say I drove for a few months and maybe 10-20 packs without issue.

It was glitching a bit at neutral, so I calibrated the end points and neutral points. After that it still showed a tendency for the neutral point to drift, always biasing to forward and needing me to turn the trim to reverse ...which is already weird in itself.

Then when I got into an elevator with the car, it just suddenly decided to go full throttle inside it.

Is there any experience to gather from the crowd or do I just have to replace the TX, RX and ESC one by one?

Perhaps even the servo?

This is my 2nd 3S and first time experiencing such an issue. My first 3s BLX was sold, but before that I can say I drove for a few months and maybe 10-20 packs without issue.

It was glitching a bit at neutral, so I calibrated the end points and neutral points. After that it still showed a tendency for the neutral point to drift, always biasing to forward and needing me to turn the trim to reverse ...which is already weird in itself.

Then when I got into an elevator with the car, it just suddenly decided to go full throttle inside it.

Is there any experience to gather from the crowd or do I just have to replace the TX, RX and ESC one by one?

Perhaps even the servo?
They car was still on in the elevator? Was the TX still on too?

They car was still on in the elevator? Was the TX still on too?
yes, in my country (more of UK standard of English) I was actually in a lift, where the doors close. So myself, the car and TX on, I was sure I did not throttle, besides, when I was two handed on to catch the RC car, there was no finger free, It just went to full throttle...I have a nasty burn from the wheels.

yes, in my country (more of UK standard of English) I was actually in a lift, where the doors close. So myself, the car and TX on, I was sure I did not throttle, besides, when I was two handed on to catch the RC car, there was no finger free, It just went to full throttle...I have a nasty burn from the wheels.
For me personally, the only time that has ever happened (runaway) is when the Tx was off and the Rx was on. Yes dumb, but I've done it. Are you sure that the throttle trim was at zero? Stock radio? Those stock radios are not the best honestly. I lose signal even when the car is not far away. That's why I use the DX5 RUGGED. I would change the radio to a better one that has digital trims and that you can verify that the trim is at zero through a screen. It sounds to me that your issue might be the radio. I hope that never happens to you again. I know. It's scary.

I had runaway problems. The source was the receiver. It happened to 2 receivers in a row. It was when I first got my RC, so I’m still not 100% sure the reason, but I think it’s one of two things

I used to restart after LVC and continue to run some more. Both times I had runaway issues was after doing this.

But also both times were in wet conditions and water got into the receiver box because I didn’t seal it properly back then.

You can also check your failsafe settings. It’s the settings in case the receiver loses signal. It should be set to neutral.

🤣 This thread gave me a flashback to my runaway E-Maxx in the house. Was like a bull in a china shop.

china glass GIF by Ferdinand

🤣 This thread gave me a flashback to my runaway E-Maxx in the house. Was like a bull in a china shop.
I was trying to calibrate my O8S to the XLX2 and I didn't do it right, so I had the O8S hit the damn wall inside my house. I never did that again.

Perhaps even the servo?
Low battery in either one will do it, for me it was a Rx that had water damage on the board. doesn't hurt to take a peek inside and see how its looking.

Back