Tips for installing the sensor wire on a Mamba Monster X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Any tips for installing the sensor wire on a Mamba Monster X? After taking off the sensor dust cover, it just seems I'm fighting the plastic shroud in order to get the sensor wire aligned - any way to easily remove the shroud or align the pins? I see there are seven pins and based on the diagram, I'm assuming the seventh pin closes to the + terminal is unused.

Not sure why I'm struggling so much with this ... probably ID 10 T operator error but curious if there's some tip I'm missing.

Thanks.

Any tips for installing the sensor wire on a Mamba Monster X? After taking off the sensor dust cover, it just seems I'm fighting the plastic shroud in order to get the sensor wire aligned - any way to easily remove the shroud or align the pins? I see there are seven pins and based on the diagram, I'm assuming the seventh pin closes to the + terminal is unused.

Not sure why I'm struggling so much with this ... probably ID 10 T operator error but curious if there's some tip I'm missing.

Thanks.

I don't think you're missing anything that I know of. I use the smallest needle nose pliers to hold the wire and plug it in like that. Fingers weren't made for that hahaha.
Not sure why they made it so difficult....?

The shroud has tabs on the inside that need to be pushed outwards to pop off on the two sides with no wires i believe.

I think most Sensor ports have rather tight tolerances from my exper. Yes be gentle. Almost requires undue force to get it in there. Hard to feel the proper pin engagement, like it is not quite a fit or aligned well. But yes carefuly at the same time. I know what you mean. Very tedious and delicate that it is.

Whelp, ID-10-T error it is. Guess who just found the little sensor harness that was sitting in the box ... yep, plug that into the ESC and then plug in the sensor wire ... not the sensor wire directly into the ESC.

TGIF

Whelp, ID-10-T error it is. Guess who just found the little sensor harness that was sitting in the box ... yep, plug that into the ESC and then plug in the sensor wire ... not the sensor wire directly into the ESC.

TGIF
My bad I missed that part of your question. They make a direct connection cable....SHOULD COME WITH IT! imo

Last edited:
Its mind boggling why they have that AND a direct connect cable. They practically give those away...why not just include the direct cable?!?!? Come on CC!
I don't understand why Castle did this either. There really was no need to have an extra cable in there at all.

If I remember correctly I would unscrew the fan shroud cover and put the pin in then put the cover back in.
That cover is purposely in the way to help keep the connector from popping out.
I agree.
And done this way will keep the 011-0108-00 extension lead permanently in place. The main cable then plugs into this extension.
Weird how they do this.
CC has their own way of doing sensor leads.:unsure:

Probably to protect the Sensor Pin outs more so, at the ESC, if I had to guess.

Thread revival…I am facing the same issue until I found this thread, god I luv this forum :)

I am running a Mamba X 8S

So why did CC fit this useless short sensor harness on the esc as the output white plug still has 6 pins BUT it is a narrower plug which means that my direct connect wire will not plug into the short sensor harness as the plug on the direct connect wire is slightly wider - it is useless & doesn’t make sense as it is not compatible!?

But then I looked at the CC website and quote “ Note: This part can be eliminated by using the Direct Connect Sensor Wire; it allows you to connect directly to the ESC and back of the motor”

From this, I will remove the shroud on esc THEN remove the short sensor harness THEN I can plug direct my direct connect sensor wire…is this correct as I want to be 100% certain and not blow up my combo :)

8FE22DE4-70E4-4001-8A2F-BC467A34BDB9.jpeg

This is my direct sensor wire from an XLX2…the plug on the right side as you can see is slightly narrower which accommodates for the motor, however, the plug on the left is too wide to fit in the sensor harness which raises the question ‘does the Mamba X 8S include a sensor wire and if so, do both ends run the narrower same size / width plug?

It seems that the inlet plug on the esc itself is wider so I’m happy about that :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back