Typhon Tips for Typhon 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshwash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Just got a typhon 6s v5, looks very intimidating compared to my big rock and granite.
How do I take good care of it? I am very new to RC.

I as well got the new V5 Typhon and I'm constantly coming up with questions and thoughts. I'd love to join you in this thread as we have som really good help on this forum.
I had could not fit my two 3s spektrum hard case batteries in so I bought a second HRB graphene. These both fit and seem to be great batteries. First run was at a large smooth dirt field and I had this thing drifting at speed. Sadly I had just bought a 3s typhon and will probably sell it at a small loss like new.?
I'm also going to make a quick video soon to get feedback on a issue I found but to busy right now.

I as well got the new V5 Typhon and I'm constantly coming up with questions and thoughts. I'd love to join you in this thread as we have som really good help on this forum.
I had could not fit my two 3s spektrum hard case batteries in so I bought a second HRB graphene. These both fit and seem to be great batteries. First run was at a large smooth dirt field and I had this thing drifting at speed. Sadly I had just bought a 3s typhon and will probably sell it at a small loss like new.?
I'm also going to make a quick video soon to get feedback on a issue I found but to busy right now.
you guys should update your arrma rcs in your profile.

best thing to do is to learn how to wrench on 6s vehicles if you haven’t had that experience. Take the diffs out, check them for sufficient fluid and/or change them out to weights you want.

learn how to take the steering rack apart and swap the bushings with sealed bearings.

Just got a typhon 6s v5, looks very intimidating compared to my big rock and granite.
How do I take good care of it? I am very new to RC.

- Make sure you have good tools to work on it.
- Dry it well as soon as possible if you drive in the wet.
- Use heat to soften the locktite if you encounter a stuck screw.
- Learn to set-up gear mesh correctly.
- Check the fluid level in your diffs and top it out if needed.
- Set your servo travel endpoints.
- Adjust your droop screws correctly to avoid breaking rod ends.
- Buy CA tire glue and check from time to time for spots where the tire is separating from the rim. Reglue as necessary.
- Buy a bearing set in advance and replace bearings as needed.
- Plan to upgrade the chassis braces for aluminum sooner than later.

I believe that covers the essentials. None of this is very advanced stuff. Take your time, watch lots of Youtube videos, search and ask questions here when you're not sure about something.

Have fun! ?

Last edited:
I see you are having issues running both 3s batteries, i used a single 6S soft battery and it fits like a glove.
I heard there is a difference running 2/3s and 1 6s battery, is it so?

I see you are having issues running both 3s batteries, i used a single 6S soft battery and it fits like a glove.
Battery sag and it is a bit more practical because if u ever get a 3s car u can run it also if u get in a crash u wont usually destroy both batteries

Battery sag and it is a bit more practical because if u ever get a 3s car u can run it also if u get in a crash u wont usually destroy both batteries
Will there be any issues if you run one 3S battery on the typhon?
I tried it once yesterday just to start it up, no runs yet so don't bash me.

Thanks god u said that! I always notice people never do it. OCDDDDDDD
Same
Will there be any issues if you run one 3S battery on the typhon?
I tried it once yesterday just to start it up, no runs yet so don't bash me.
It will be really slow but should work.

My two 3S Spektrum batteries fit like a glove, no issues
I have not noticed a difference between running 2/3S vs 1 6S

Last edited:
My two 3S Spektrum batteries fit like a glove, no issues

I have not noticed a difference between running 2/3S vs 1 6S
Your telling me you have two 3s hardcase Spektrum 100c batteries fitting with no issues in a 6s Typhon? Not calling you a fibber but definitely letting me put the body on.

Your telling me you have two 3s hardcase Spektrum 100c batteries fitting with no issues in a 6s Typhon? Not calling you a fibber but definitely letting me put the body on.
Sorry, more details are needed

Two Spektrum 3S 5000mAh 50C batteries will fit in the battery tray but the body will not fit like it should over the chassis

One Spektrum 6S 5000mAh 50C battery will fit in the battery tray turned at 90 degrees with no issues to body on chassis

I run a 6s spelt rum and it fits perfect

Sorry, more details are needed

Two Spektrum 3S 5000mAh 50C batteries will fit in the battery tray but the body will not fit like it should over the chassis

One Spektrum 6S 5000mAh 50C battery will fit in the battery tray turned at 90 degrees with no issues to body on chassis
Wow. Thats going to piss me off. 2 Spektrum 3s 5000mah 50c were the recommended bats for this buggy. Im going to be pissed if the body sits all lopsided on the chassis. What the heck lol. You have any pics of how off it looks?

Wow. Thats going to piss me off. 2 Spektrum 3s 5000mah 50c were the recommended bats for this buggy. Im going to be pissed if the body sits all lopsided on the chassis. What the heck lol. You have any pics of how off it looks?
You are screwed unless the 50c packs are shorter but I owned the 50c before and they seem the same.

16073716749655787216747420292275.jpg

16073719568746898345976117997175.jpg

You are screwed unless the 50c packs are shorter but I owned the 50c before and they seem the same.
Thanks for this. Im really pissed at Horizon. They sell the typhon and then in the drop down menu offer the Spektrum 6s battery/charger bundle(x2 3s smart Lipos) I got on the line with them and asked, "hey you sell this as the recommended upgrade pack for this truck. does it even fit this car" She goes back in the warehouse and has a tech try to put them in. "Nope they don't fit, you we cant even put the body back on.."
Take them off the website as the recommended battery's!?
How many people this Christmas are going to get that exact setup from Horizon and be pissed lol. Hopefully I can return mine.

The only good news is they have really good customer service. Do not charge or use the batteries. Call them asap and explain, be calm and respectful but accept nothing but a solution. I believe there single 6s lipo will fit. You have proof as you can direct them to the exact page. 1-888-959-2307
Let me know as I'm not ok with them doing that. Btw you aren't the first as I've explained this on here multiple times.

Back