Tips Or Suggestions For Proline Fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, this post is for one of my Non-Arrma RCs, since everyone here is so helpful & knowledgeable I figured I could probably get some answers. I'm trying to get this Proline Raptor body on my old ECX Torment. When it's up on the stand the clearance is acceptable, but when I sit it on the ground the body sits too low & the tires rub. This is a pretty old & discontinued model, so I haven't had any luck with finding extended mounts. The factory mounts are already as high as they can go. I've also already drilled the holes in the body, so I really don't want to go with a completely different set of mounts. Any help or suggestions with getting this body to sir correctly would be greatly appreciated. I've attached pictures for visual references. Thanks.

20230416_111728.jpg

20230416_111804.jpg

20230416_111908.jpg

20230416_111915.jpg

Pull those out.. throw em in a ziplock bag or a box and buy the $20 pro-line body mounts, if they don't have any for that ecx.. it's ok don't torment yourself, just buy these Pro-line Racing 1/10 Extended Front/Rear Body Mounts Slash 2 Wheel Drive & Stampede 2 Wheel Drive PRO607000 Electric Car/Truck Option Parts https://a.co/d/4aKT0pP and with a lil fab work you can make them work!! 💯
Always remember nothing is limited in this hobby.. u can make any thing work!! Almost anything!! 🤣

Last edited:
I would cut off the ends and mount the proline body mount right on top of the exisiting cross beam. Should give you plenty of added height.
https://www.prolineracing.com/product/1-10-extended-front-rear-body-mounts-slash-4x4/PRO608700.html
Those look like a better fit actually, good eye!!
I would prolly cut the cross beam off on the ecx, drop the posts back down.. and then mount the pro-line flush with the body mounts.. anyway it looks like you already cut holes in the body so that changes the game!

I run that same Raptor PL body on my Tekno MT410. A perfect fit.
Unfortunately it is just too wide or narrow for that ECX. Don't expect it to look like a SCT or whatever your plan is.. Plan on trimmimg much of the fenders etc. And you may have to just limit your steering travel ( ST endpoints). IDK? Can't make a square fit into a hole sometimes. You just may have to chop her up a good bit there to make it somewhat work for you. You got the wrong body there. Didn't measure the "Track Width" when you were shopping. Truggify it with very long Arrms and might/could work better?:unsure: Not sure if you can with the ECX.
Good luck.

Pull those out.. throw em in a ziplock bag or a box and buy the $20 pro-line body mounts, if they don't have any for that ecx.. it's ok don't torment yourself, just buy these Pro-line Racing 1/10 Extended Front/Rear Body Mounts Slash 2 Wheel Drive & Stampede 2 Wheel Drive PRO607000 Electric Car/Truck Option Parts https://a.co/d/4aKT0pP and with a lil fab work you can make them work!! 💯
Always remember nothing is limited in this hobby.. u can make any thing work!! Almost anything!! 🤣
I would cut off the ends and mount the proline body mount right on top of the exisiting cross beam. Should give you plenty of added height.
https://www.prolineracing.com/product/1-10-extended-front-rear-body-mounts-slash-4x4/PRO608700.html
Perhaps I'll just go with the Proline mounts and fabricate them to make it work. @GraniteFox what type of adhesive would securely hold the Proline posts to the top of the cross beam? If i hadn't already drilled the holes in the body this wouldn't be so much of a headache 🤦‍♂️
Trim the body more
I run that same Raptor PL body on my Tekno MT410. A perfect fit.
Unfortunately it is just too wide for that ECX. Plan on trimmimg much of the fenders etc. And you may have to just limit your steering travel ( ST endpoints). IDK? Can't make a square fit into a hole sometimes. You just may have to chop her up a bit there to make it somewhat work for you. Truggify it with very long Arrms and might/could work better?:unsure: Not sure if you can with the ECX.
Good luck.
I guess I wasn't able to capture it in the picture, but even if I trim the body more the tires will rub on the inside everytime the suspension compresses. It is rather wide like you mentioned, but boy does it look good! I'm really trying to avoid hacking this thing up anymore 😔 Longer arms may be my last resort if all other plans fail.

Looks like it's hitting the bumpers.. I'd prolly get the single posts, pull yours out.. throw the singles in and then mount the ecx mount to the pro-line extensions!? 🤔
We got will.. we just need a way!! 🤣

Ran their Raptor body(for Xmaxx) on a Mojave, it.was..weak… even after 4 tubes of shoo goo and fiberglass tape with full chassis roll cage reinforcement.

I would personally trim more fender and not overthink it, enjoy 😊

430B35E3-007E-438E-8A17-737AAE473CAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Ran their Raptor body(for Xmaxx) on a Mojave, it.was..weak… even after 4 tubes of shoo goo and fiberglass tape with full chassis roll cage reinforcement.

I would personally trim more fender and not overthink it, enjoy 😊

View attachment 293327
I'm thiiiis 👌 close to doing just that buddy lol

That wheel setup looks fantastic btw 😎
Thanks, Proline Trencher X ftw 🤟

So I think I found a solution to this problem. After doing some digging I found these post extensions that sit right on top of the factory posts. I like the semi lifted look it has when it's on the stand, so I want to keep the body raised as much as possible. Hopefully this works out 🤞

Screenshot_20230416_150506_eBay.jpg

Perhaps I'll just go with the Proline mounts and fabricate them to make it work. @GraniteFox what type of adhesive would securely hold the Proline posts to the top of the cross beam? If i hadn't already drilled the holes in the body this wouldn't be so much of a headache 🤦‍♂️

I guess I wasn't able to capture it in the picture, but even if I trim the body more the tires will rub on the inside everytime the suspension compresses. It is rather wide like you mentioned, but boy does it look good! I'm really trying to avoid hacking this thing up anymore 😔 Longer arms may be my last resort if all other plans fail.
I would just drill the holes through and use a cap head with washers on both sides. Locking nut on the bottom. Might need a couple spacers as it looks like the cross beam is curved.

I am sure you can send that Body to the Sky just to clear the weels. :LOL: And it may look Cool sitting on the shelf or bench........
The higher the body, the higher the Center of Gravity. Not a great thing.
I found myself in this situation before. Tried to "Make" a body fit that was way off. I just bought another body that "was a fit".

Hey guys, just wanted to update this thread since I finally got this project completed. The body extensions came on the slow boat from China, but they worked exactly as I hoped they would. The body sits just high enough for the perfect wheel clearance. I could raise it more if I wanted to, but this height is perfect. It was also my first time cutting, painting, & decaling a body. It was a lot more work than I anticipated, but I'm very happy with the results.

20230427_214025.jpg

20230427_213813.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to update this thread since I finally got this project completed. The body extensions came on the slow boat from China, but they worked exactly as I hoped they would. The body sits just high enough for the perfect wheel clearance. I could raise it more if I wanted to, but this height is perfect. It was also my first time cutting, painting, & decaling a body. It was a lot more work than I anticipated, but I'm very happy with the results.

View attachment 295792

View attachment 295793
Looks great bro, very nice job w/ the fitment. 😃👍🤘

View attachment 295792

View attachment 295793
Looks like a nice 1:1 scale 6 inch Lift kit there.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back