Tool advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had good luck with ProTek Rc driver bits. I use them in a battery powered black and decker screwdriver. I like being able to switch between manual and power. They come in a set of 4 for around $30.
Are the a tight fit into hex head?
Zero bending?

Iv been a machine mechanic for years turning and wrenching allens every day ..... if you guys want the best of the best tools pb swiss tools makes the strongest tools on the market to date never been brave enough to buy them for my rc like I said I use arrowmax but PB swiss tools is the leader in the market for strength and durability! a lot of people don't know about this brand but the price will scare you away for the most part but as a 10 year user iv never broken twisted or damaged any of there drivers or Allen wrenches and I'm not taking about working on small rc cars I use them on large equipment ....I'll send pics of some of the tools I use and the prices but check out there web site or prices online pb swiss tools

Iv been a machine mechanic for years turning and wrenching allens every day ..... if you guys want the best of the best tools pb swiss tools makes the strongest tools on the market to date never been brave enough to buy them for my rc like I said I use arrowmax but PB swiss tools is the leader in the market for strength and durability! a lot of people don't know about this brand but the price will scare you away for the most part but as a 10 year user iv never broken twisted or damaged any of there drivers or Allen wrenches and I'm not taking about working on small rc cars I use them on large equipment ....I'll send pics of some of the tools I use and the prices but check out there web site or prices online pb swiss tools
Have you used these?
https://shop.pbtools.us/PB-E6-210-1-4-Hex-Key-Power-Bits_c222.htm

Price for those is pretty reasonable, about $4 a bit. $20 would get the most used sizes for me, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4.

great stuff man iv used most of all there bits and they are very reliable
I purchased a $80 pack of standard l Allen's 10 years ago and have replaced the plastic pack they came in twice and the number 3... 4 times only cause I lost the dang thing inside of the equipment i was working on but that's my normal reason for replacing tools the equipment eats it and you just cant find it lol but honestly guys pb tools has amazing products if any of you know about quad graphics we are a top printing company in the world ... from press to production we make all the top magazines and most of every guy I know uses pb tools we have had the latter bondus you name it but nothing has lasted the life of are PB tools and we have literally tore equipment to pieces just to find that one bit or Allen that dropped lol

I purchased a $80 pack of standard l Allen's 10 years ago and have replaced the plastic pack they came in twice and the number 3... 4 times only cause I lost the dang thing inside of the equipment i was working on but that's my normal reason for replacing tools the equipment eats it and you just cant find it lol but honestly guys pb tools has amazing products if any of you know about quad graphics we are a top printing company in the world ... from press to production we make all the top magazines and most of every guy I know uses pb tools we have had the latter bondus you name it but nothing has lasted the life of are PB tools and we have literally tore equipment to pieces just to find that one bit or Allen that dropped lol
Ever use mip?
I'm curious if they are really that good or just have a hobby fan base

I don't usually care for extensions when using precision tools. They usually create a wobble because of the slop in the extension to bit
they make longer bits I'm not sure if they have them online or not but I order from a book that has all of there products I have 1 - 10 mm bits that are 2 feet long so I'm sure they make shorter ones

mip has a fan base for a reason they are great tools you won't regret purchasing them after you use them
mip arrowmax and PB tools that's the only tools I would recommend for anyone considering they are the only ones if bought that have lasted longer than a few years I really wish arrow max would make a kit for arrma 1/8 scale I had to put a kit together myself and I don't even want to talk about the money I spent on that

Are the a tight fit into hex head?
Zero bending?
I haven't had any issues with them. I broke one working on my kraton hub, but I think that was Arrmas red Loctite. I ended up having the cut the entire arm end off to remove it. Other than that one time, they are a great fit.

I haven't had any issues with them. I broke one working on my kraton hub, but I think that was Arrmas red Loctite. I ended up having the cut the entire arm end off to remove it. Other than that one time, they are a great fit.
Thanks for letting me know that. They shouldn't break IMHO

they make longer bits I'm not sure if they have them online or not but I order from a book that has all of there products I have 1 - 10 mm bits that are 2 feet long so I'm sure they make shorter ones
Have you had the longer ones? Not like 2 feet, but any of the 1.5-4mm that were around 5" long? Are they fat clear to the tip or are they skinny like MIP's for most of the shaft?

I got some generic 3" ball end ones from mcmaster.com I think and they are fat clear to the tip, which makes them kind of hard to use for some things in the tight quarters of RC.

Have you had the longer ones? Not like 2 feet, but any of the 1.5-4mm that were around 5" long? Are they fat clear to the tip or are they skinny like MIP's for most of the shaft?

I got some generic 3" ball end ones from mcmaster.com I think and they are fat clear to the tip, which makes them kind of hard to use for some things in the tight quarters of RC.
I honestly havnt but I know they make both ball and flat so give them a try I don't think you will be disappointed the only 5" I have are the extensions I use for the bits and sockets

I honestly havnt but I know they make both ball and flat so give them a try I don't think you will be disappointed the only 5" I have are the extensions I use for the bits and sockets
they also have a palm or hand ratchet that works well with those gives you that extra torque and a sense of not having to much torque and tearing stuff up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back