Granite Top shocks for Arrma 3s/4s series?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Joe

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 3s
Top shocks for Arrma 3s/4s series. Where and how much not really how much just where or which ones. Ive bought the "big bore " off ebay for 40 bucks what a pile of $%#). I didn't expect much. I have 3 buggies I want better shocks than the stock.

Top shocks for Arrma 3s/4s series. Where and how much not really how much just where or which ones. Ive bought the "big bore " off ebay for 40 bucks what a pile of $%#). I didn't expect much. I have 3 buggies I want better shocks than the stock.
Typhon 6s from JRC for the 3S. Talion 6S for the 4S.

Personally, I think the stock shocks are just fine. Fix the leaks in them and they are more than capable and durable. All the cheaper shock options are downgrades in my opinion.
I agree, find the right setup and they will work as good as any other shock out there.

Another vote for the Typhon 6s shocks. They are 5mm longer than the 3s shocks but work fine. If you can't find them, the Talion 6s might work, but they are a bit longer (10mm) and will need new springs (Talion's springs are super stiff)

I have 6s shocks on my 4s Kraton with the m2c bleeder cap they feel a little too stiff not as plush on a lighter vehicle. I should probably drop the oil weight. I was looking at the proline's any news about them.

I have had the Hot Racing big bore shocks from almost day one, no leaks no bends they have been solid as a rock. https://www.ebay.com/itm/312275107897
Make sure to get the right lengths think it's 105 or 110 front and 120 rear.

I bought the ZD Racing, they are titanium colored with the red spring, I poured out the oil they came with and added 50 wt. oil. The Typhon loves 'em, and they can handle a lot more abuse in my favorite basher. No problems in a dozen flights!

I also run the ZD racing shocks on my 3s big rock. 33$ shipped for the set

642055BF-BCAF-46DF-90AC-44E5CCC7476F.jpeg

Why do you want to different shocks? What is your goal? Shocks that are better for high speed off road/track? More durable/better for jumps? Depending on your goal, the best shock setup will be quite different. What's wrong with the stock shocks? If you don't know, don't get different shocks. You may end up downgrading.

I also think the stock shocks perform very well. I consider many suggested alternatives to be a downgrade. I do have upgrades, but mainly for durability. I jump and the stock shocks were not holding up to the abuse. If you're not breaking or bending shock shafts or rod ends then there may be little need to upgrade.

Last edited:
Why do you want to different shocks? What is your goal? Shocks that are better for high speed off road/track? More durable/better for jumps? Depending on your goal, the best shock setup will be quite different. What's wrong with the stock shocks? If you don't know, don't get different shocks. You may end up downgrading.

I also think the stock shocks perform very well. I consider many suggested alternatives to be a downgrade. I do have upgrades, but mainly for durability. I jump and the stock shocks were not holding up to the abuse. If you're not breaking or bending shock shafts or rod ends then there may be little need to upgrade.

I'm the same. With the stock shocks they handle great but after a few decent sends the shafts pop out at the bottom. ZD work great if you take the time and care to shorten them but they too won't take big sends. I've bent and broken a few sets and can't be arsed with them anymore once they break. Might get the Prolines and be done with it.

I'm the same. With the stock shocks they handle great but after a few decent sends the shafts pop out at the bottom. ZD work great if you take the time and care to shorten them but they too won't take big sends. I've bent and broken a few sets and can't be arsed with them anymore once they break. Might get the Prolines and be done with it.
I've never used the Prolines, but I noticed they have 3.5mm shock shafts, while 1/8 scale shocks use thicker 4mm shafts (i.e. Arrma/Tekno). Also, Prolines are 14mm bore, while 1/8 shocks are 16mm bore. Since the Prolines are already quite expensive, I see no reason to get them over 1/8 shocks, especially if you're looking for more durability and dampening for big sends.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back