Mojave Tower to tower brace necessary??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talion2020

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Limitless
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
Building a kraton xl. M2c chassis, m2c chassis braces and basher queen towers. What’s the consensus on the tower to tower brace?
I have a talion with a similar setup thats never had the t2t brace and no issues but the mojave chassis is longer so just curious what you guys are running.

I have the Mojave running the stock brace, I think the chassis being so long it keeps from folding like a Taco, wouldn't you?

On any of the XL chassis I’d run the T2T. Absolutely unnecessary on the SWB’s IMO (with upgraded chassis and f/r alloy braces) but if you can fit it on an XL it can only help. And what’s a couple more grams on an already 15#+ truck?

On any of the XL chassis I’d run the T2T. Absolutely unnecessary on the SWB’s IMO (with upgraded chassis and f/r alloy braces) but if you can fit it on an XL it can only help. And what’s a couple more grams on an already 15#+ truck?
I had the same thoughts. Then i watched a RC Dude81 video of him sending his kratonxl ( no t2t brace) to the moon. Straight chassis afterwards. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve been lucky so far, no bent chassis at all. But the only non SWB Arrma I have is my Mojave and that one doesn’t get sent. My nephew had a really bad landing (one of many) with one of the Typhons last weekend and broke the rear wing mount, a rear shock standoff, and bent the rear shock tower down so one side is almost horizontal. Ouch. But the chassis is still straight as an arrow and it isn’t even an EXB one. New rule: no mad sends with the Typhons kid! Go break the Outcast instead, ya little puke nugget! (We have a very good and fun relationship. 😊)

I’ve been lucky so far, no bent chassis at all. But the only non SWB Arrma I have is my Mojave and that one doesn’t get sent. My nephew had a really bad landing (one of many) with one of the Typhons last weekend and broke the rear wing mount, a rear shock standoff, and bent the rear shock tower down so one side is almost horizontal. Ouch. But the chassis is still straight as an arrow and it isn’t even an EXB one. New rule: no mad sends with the Typhons kid! Go break the Outcast instead, ya little puke nugget! (We have a very good and fun relationship. 😊)
My bro has a typhon 6s, it's a tough lil nugget for sure! But yeah, I think anything thats kraton size or longer will need the t2t for serious bashing unless an aftermarket chassis is used.

I had the same thoughts. Then i watched a RC Dude81 video of him sending his kratonxl ( no t2t brace) to the moon. Straight chassis afterwards. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I wonder if he had the M2C? I’ve seen a number of folks here that swear if you have an M2C chassis with their alloy chassis braces that a T2T becomes unnecessary. I don’t have any experience with them, I just have the regular 6061 and the EXB chassis on my trucks.

I wonder if he had the M2C? I’ve seen a number of folks here that swear if you have an M2C chassis with their alloy chassis braces that a T2T becomes unnecessary. I don’t have any experience with them, I just have the regular 6061 and the EXB chassis on my trucks.
Yes he had m2c chassis, towers, braces and a bunch of other m2c goodies.
I have never used a T2T brace on my talion with m2c chassis. Stilll straight after plenty of big jumps and hard landings.
But i think I’ll use a brace for this build. Better safe then sorry

Here she is. Still have a a bunch of odds and ends to do,

25DD2843-084A-4780-94C5-152558001B0D.jpeg

I would bet money RCDUDE was indeed using the M2C chassis. He is sponsored by them. Nothing wrong with that,just understand that he and Duperbash are hooked up with M2C. Both seem like stand up guys from my perspective, and super talented rc drivers as well.

Great looking rig, man! I do love my Mojave. Gonna need to trim those wheel arches probably, but those tires look great.
Was thinking the same,looks like they gonna rub the body. But hell yeah! @talion2020 ,lookin good😎
+100 for the mighty Mojave 🤘 It is limited when jumping, but does EVERYTHING else so well!!
I'll never get rid of mine!! Hah,who am I kidding, I never get rid of ANY rc🤣🤣

Last edited:
Great looking rig, man! I do love my Mojave. Gonna need to trim those wheel arches probably, but those tires look great.
Was thinking the same,looks like they gonna rub the body. But hell yeah! @talion2020 ,lookin good😎
+100 for the mighty Mojave 🤘 It is limited when jumping, but does EVERYTHING else so well!!
I'll never get rid of mine!! Hah,who am I kidding, I never get rid of any rc🤣🤣
Oh yea. Trimming required😁.
Shouldn’t be limited jumping now 😂😂

I have a Talion (custom build for street bashing) and I'm a fan of the T2T brace even though I don't jump at all. It adds some extra stiffness to the towers which helps the wheels stay planted. It also helps when I adjust the suspension cause there's no flex or play. I don't mind the extra weight. I've got the Scorched T2T brace in carbon fiber so the weight gain is minimal. I was also using it to sit stuff on (cap pack, GameChanger voltage regulator) almost like a second level. Plus the brace helps on front end crashes when a curb or something else jumps in front of me. I had the brace on my TLR Typhon (CRCU aluminum) which I also heavily modified and the extra protection helped a lot on flips and tumbles even for a SWB. I'm turning that Typhon into a speed/drag car and I'm not using the brace cause I want to shave as much weight as possible. Gonna see how I feel about it after my first real crash.

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

After a lot of personal testing I removed mine. You can spend a fortune trying to prevent the chassis from bending, but it's impossible on a big enough crash, so I go for light as possible and if the chassis bends I'll just install another. So I am on the EXB now, and I got a spare m2c sitting right here if th exb bends.

But th exb hadn't been bending....even without the t2t and using plastic chassis braces 🤷‍♂️

I have a Talion (custom build for street bashing) and I'm a fan of the T2T brace even though I don't jump at all. It adds some extra stiffness to the towers which helps the wheels stay planted. It also helps when I adjust the suspension cause there's no flex or play. I don't mind the extra weight. I've got the Scorched T2T brace in carbon fiber so the weight gain is minimal. I was also using it to sit stuff on (cap pack, GameChanger voltage regulator) almost like a second level. Plus the brace helps on front end crashes when a curb or something else jumps in front of me. I had the brace on my TLR Typhon (CRCU aluminum) which I also heavily modified and the extra protection helped a lot on flips and tumbles even for a SWB. I'm turning that Typhon into a speed/drag car and I'm not using the brace cause I want to shave as much weight as possible. Gonna see how I feel about it after my first real crash.

View attachment 217295

View attachment 217300
That Talion looks awesome! Don’t have a build thread do you? I’d love to see more pics of it, especially the mounting arrangement of the electronics. How’d you mount your Ripple Killer pack?

View attachment 217295

View attachment 217300
Beautiful rigs! What tires and wheels are those in the top picture?

That Talion looks awesome! Don’t have a build thread do you? I’d love to see more pics of it, especially the mounting arrangement of the electronics. How’d you mount your Ripple Killer pack?
Don't have a build thread cause I usually just keep working on it and never stop for pics. If I do one it will be already a mostly finished rig. Plus I'm always changing stuff anyway. I need to do one so I can get the Build badge. The cap pack sits on a Scorched T2T brace. I'll leave a link below.

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/product...on-stretch-typhon?_pos=2&_sid=e5f0b4599&_ss=r

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back