TP Motor, 4070 CM, 2200kv in Outcast 6s EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
Hi, I originally wanted a max6 combo for my outcast but a deal on a tp motor came up. I was wondering if the TP Motor, 4070 CM, 2200 KV would fit in my outcast 6s. The size of the can and the length made me doubt that it would fit but maybe anyone tried it. Thanks beforehand.
TP 4070-CM 2200KV (6-8S) 8mm Shaft

My 4092 SWB cans are a few mm away from arm/c-block so 107mm will NOT fit in "as designed" v5 orientation.

Hi, I originally wanted a max6 combo for my outcast but a deal on a tp motor came up. I was wondering if the TP Motor, 4070 CM, 2200 KV would fit in my outcast 6s. The size of the can and the length made me doubt that it would fit but maybe anyone tried it. Thanks beforehand.
Lol I’ve been eyeing the same motor in the classified.

I don’t think it’ll fit an outcast. I got a Hobbywing 4985 motor which is 85mm long and it barely fits. I think the TP is 107mm long.

Nah, it won't fit. It's not much of a bashing motor anyway.
I don't know about the trucks but I bash the hell out of that motor in my on road rig. Those CM motors are built extremely well. :eek:

The longest can you can get on the SWB chassis is 92mm...without modification. That's more of the 4060 size. You can check out @K-BASH and see what he did to get a 1721 Castle to fit. I think he shaved down the rear hinge block. But even still getting a 4070 to fit would be almost impossible without moving or swapping the motor mount and doing a whole chassis reconfiguration.

Just for info I've found that the long can motors are mostly good for on road use only. I've tried a 4070CM and a 1443 Cordova for off road bashing and they both heat up pretty quick. I was thinking the longer can would help with the heat but it didn't. The stress of off road was a little too much. I don't do big air but the long cans are heavy and can throw the weight balance of the car off some as well. Both motors had plenty of kick to them and the extra torque was noticeable...just not for long.

In regular position can fit 103mm 1721 uaeing larger gears to effectively hp block or flip motor mount an fit upto 103mm motor in front,very close to steering rack.heres 5670-1270kv 56×102mm.

20220915_175304.jpg

20220708_193050.jpg

I fit 4070 in swb.check out 2.29 in vid

I use the tp 4070 1700kv off road on a fireteam chassis and it's great. I also use the tp 4080cm 2022kv in my talion XXL and it's a beast. Those are my two favorite tp motors and they both run pretty cool in my opinion. I run a tp 4060 1750kv in my outcast and it can get a little toasty with how I bash but the max 6 temp struggles more 🤣

I use the tp 4070 1700kv off road on a fireteam chassis and it's great. I also use the tp 4080cm 2022kv in my talion XXL and it's a beast. Those are my two favorite tp motors and they both run pretty cool in my opinion. I run a tp 4060 1750kv in my outcast and it can get a little toasty with how I bash but the max 6 temp struggles more 🤣
Due to your unwavering support and endorsement of TP Motors I'm sure by now they know when you order and only send the premium quality to you...and you ALONE. The rest of us are stuck with whatever EBay or Island Hobby Nut has to offer. LOL
The KVs on my off road TP experiment was much higher which was most of my issue with the heat. I had a 4070CM 2400KV and I geared it pretty modest (for me anyway...50/21 on 6S) and it got toasty running in grass pretty quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back