Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

TP Power 4070cm 2700kv Wiring Help!

Discussion in 'Typhon' started by HappyJonny1976, Apr 16, 2018.

1. HappyJonny1976

HappyJonny1976 Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    Hey guys, I bought a TP Power 4070cm 2700kv motor which I plan to remove my Typhon stock motor then drill new holes for the front mounting holes then use the old front mount holes for the rear motor mounts. Then swap the front and rear drive shafts. However the wires of the TP Power motor are a thicker gauge than the 4mm bullet connectors on the stock typhon esc. Is there some type of bullet adapter or do I need a different esc altogether? Could really use some advice. Thanks, Jon-

2. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    Best would be to solder the larger bullets on to your ESC, to match the motor bullets. With a motor like that monster, you really don't want an adaptor.

And for the ESC, yeah, the stock BLX185 = Quickrun150, not enough. You will probably need something like the MAX6 or a XLX for that motor.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer