Kraton TP Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Hobbywing 4985 max6 combo is “a good powerhouse” for the V4, also reasonably priced. Combine that with a 20T pinon and you’ll have a backflip’n machine! ?
Just my opinion...

What do people think about the TP Power 4070CM for a Kraton v4?? Is this a good powerhouse???
It’s a little overkill for a basher, but do you. Make sure to get a sealed can for off-road use.

What about for a 1/5 kraton would that 4070 2200 kv w a xlx2 esc be too much
Oh no bro, that motor is not meant for a 1/5 truck. You want something more like the TP 5670 1270kv or 1010kv. Or the TP 5860 1070kv if you want to go even bigger.

Oh no bro, that motor is not meant for a 1/5 truck. You want something more like the TP 5670 1270kv or 1010kv. Or the TP 5860 1070kv if you want to go even bigger.
I’m using that motor for a limitless v2 build. Would this motor be suitable for that build. Just for conservative gearing I’m not looking to break any land speed records. So for the Kraton 1/5 I should go w a bigger motor?

I’m using that motor for a limitless v2 build. Would this motor be suitable for that build. Just for conservative gearing I’m not looking to break any land speed records. So for the Kraton 1/5 I should go w a bigger motor?
that tp 4070 2200kv would be great in a limitless v2. And yea, definitely bigger motor for the kraton 1/5th. :cool: (y)

Love my tp 5670 1270kv that I have paired with a max5 in my Kraton 8s EXB. Right now I’m geared 30/47 and it definitely moves out, but gets pretty hot. Next time I take it out I will strap a gnss on it and see what kind of mph it puts down.

Love my tp 5670 1270kv that I have paired with a max5 in my Kraton 8s EXB. Right now I’m geared 30/47 and it definitely moves out, but gets pretty hot. Next time I take it out I will strap a gnss on it and see what kind of mph it puts down.
So just adding fans will keep your temps down enough while bashing. I drive in dirt and some jumps nothing too hard I just want some torque and speed. What’s a good combo for that using a tp motor. My 1/5 kraton 8s is on standby lol waiting for all the parts to come in.
Are those custom built motor to your specs.
Looking at the 5870 900 kv 6 pole motor what you think of that in a 1/5 kraton?

Moirae is going to be a better judge of the 5870. My only experience with TP motors so far is the 5670. I don’t think a fan or even a set of fans is going to be enough to keep the motor cool running 30/47. Moirae told me he ran his geared even hotter, but he was/is using an xlx2. After I had an xlx2 decide to start on fire in my Kraton, I decided to ditch the whole Castle set up and that is when I went to the Max5/TP5670 set up I have now.

So just adding fans will keep your temps down enough while bashing. I drive in dirt and some jumps nothing too hard I just want some torque and speed. What’s a good combo for that using a tp motor. My 1/5 kraton 8s is on standby lol waiting for all the parts to come in.

Are those custom built motor to your specs.

Looking at the 5870 900 kv 6 pole motor what you think of that in a 1/5 kraton?
that's a big ass motor lol. I'm sure it will work great if it fits. I have the TP 5860 1070 kv in my outcast 8s and it's a really nice motor. I would suggest that one if you really want to go bigger than the other ones I listed. Save a little weight and it's still beyond monstrous power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back